Ray Allen named head coach | The Boneyard

Ray Allen named head coach

Reaction Score

-> Calhoun believes Allen will succeed as a coach.

“As long as he doesn’t try to make everybody as meticulous as he was,” Calhoun noted. “He didn’t want anybody messing with his game, once he knew what he was doing. He worked hard, so if 50% of the way he worked carries over, those kids will be great kids and hard-working kids.” <-

Reaction Score
His kids must go there and he wants to coach them.
From the article above -> Allen will get a chance to coach his son, Ray Jr., a Class of 2023 shooting guard who is being recruited by schools like UMass and Rutgers right now. <-

Reaction Score

“As long as he doesn’t try to make everybody as meticulous as he was,” Calhoun noted. “He didn’t want anybody messing with his game, once he knew what he was doing. He worked hard, so if 50% of the way he worked carries over, those kids will be great kids and hard-working kids.” <-

Was about to say... always struck me as too neurotic to identify with college or HS players. Will be interesting to see how this plays out

Reaction Score
From the article above -> Allen will get a chance to coach his son, Ray Jr., a Class of 2023 shooting guard who is being recruited by schools like UMass and Rutgers right now. <-
I don't care for Ray Jr. going to UMass or Rutgers. I'd rather have him with us, even if it costs us a better player. There is a lot of marketing and recruiting value in having Ray at most of our home games that I prefer not to let another school have.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don't care for Ray Jr. going to UMass or Rutgers. I'd rather have him with us, even if it costs us a better player. There is a lot of marketing and recruiting value in having Ray at most of our home games that I prefer not to let another school have.
Lol, have you ever seen his son play?

Reaction Score
Oh No What GIF by Originals

Reaction Score
Lol, have you ever seen his son play?
My son has played with him in Miami and thinks he's pretty good. He plays pretty well against college players right now and he's improved dramatically in the last year. I don't think he's to our standard, but having Ray on campus a lot and at games often is great for UConn. Of course, I wouldn't want him over a great player, but having room for him isn't a bad idea if he's interested. Ray not only has some real star power, he's a great role model.

Reaction Score
Never seen his kids play but he posts them doing drills with other kids from time to time and it seems like one of the younger ones has a better feel for the game and natural touch than the oldest.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score

Everyday Ray. What a great testimony by Coach Calhoun. One legend commentary on another legend.

Reaction Score
His kids must go there and he wants to coach them.
Yup. That was my first thought as well. But man, I would love to be a fly on the wall at the gym or office when a parent/guardian comes up to Coach Ray Allen and starts complaining about their kid not getting proper playing time. OMG!!

Reaction Score
Our Calhoun days alum are getting so old we could field a team with their kids if that was our recruiting standard.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's not enough that we have Bill Murray and Danny Hurley's sons?
Should we be concerned that Rutgers might work it into their billion dollar coaching staff pitch?

Reaction Score
this of course assumes his son is ok riding the bench for 4 years and only playing in garbage time

Reaction Score
Mehh

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom