Ray Allen coaching? | The Boneyard

Ray Allen coaching?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Anyone think Ray Allen could potentially come to help coach the team 3-5 years down the road? (Obviously assuming he's only with the heat for another year) (though he is having record breaking fg% season so who knows)

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Hey Mike, this idea gets tossed around the board every 2 months or so and you'll get an equal amount of guesses on both sides do the ledger. Seems like everyone likes to walk through this idea from time to time so I guess it's a possibility, my personal opinion is probably not.

Be prepared to get flamed just for asking, I expect you to be fully attacked in 20 min.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ray will be ko's right hand man a couple years from now blanye to jc. they will torch the trail once this get worked out with the ath dept and contract and the pf is built. it will be glorious.

Reaction Score
How about in five years these are the main coaches. Head coach of Kevin Ollie, and the main two assistants of Ray Allen and Emeka Okafor. We would have great guard, shooting, and big men coaching. Problem is that I don't see that happening.

Reaction Score
I say no way. Ray has earned probably almost $200 million in his career. He has little kids at home now and 1 has a medical issue. I just can't see him dealing with coaching, even 10 years down the road.

D

Deleted member 3149

ray will be ko's right hand man a couple years from now blanye to jc. they will torch the trail once this get worked out with the ath dept and contract and the pf is built. it will be glorious.

That would certainly be ideal. Ray and Kevin are both determined guys that could definitely get the job done. Final fours would come easy. Who wouldn't want to play for them?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
That would certainly be ideal. Ray and Kevin are both determined guys that could definitely get the job done. Final fours would come easy. Who wouldn't want to play for them?

bigs, thats why u bring donyell in. his kid is about that age and will be a fball recruit. time to move him to the area and get him on board.

D

Deleted member 3149

bigs, thats why u bring donyell in. his kid is about that age and will be a fball recruit. time to move him to the area and get him on board.

You're right. Doesn't donyell live in Glastonbury? Or is that Donny Marshall?

Also, it's very positive news that ray Allen bought a house in old saybrook this summer

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
You're right. Doesn't donyell live in Glastonbury? Or is that Donny Marshall?

Also, it's very positive news that ray Allen bought a house in old saybrook this summer

i prob messed up names...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I mean it would help recruiting, but on the other hand I wouldn't want them to mess up and somehow tarnish their names. A lot can go wrong in basketball coaching. Just look at us the past 3 years or so.

Reaction Score
I mean it would help recruiting, but on the other hand I wouldn't want them to mess up and somehow tarnish their names. A lot can go wrong in basketball coaching. Just look at us the past 3 years or so.

A national title?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I'd like seeing Beverly come back as a coach. Honestly, I don't think we win in 2011 without his (off the court) influence.

Donnell Beverly was a key piece down the stretch to that team. So was Okwandu.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Doubt Ray Allen will ever coach.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Donnell Beverly was a key piece down the stretch to that team. So was Okwandu.

Okwandu in 2010-11 was arguably our most underrated big man of all time, with the possible exception of Soulymane Wane.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Okwandu in 2010-11 was arguably our most underrated big man of all time, with the possible exception of Soulymane Wane.
Every time AO was getting schooled on the defensive end JC put Chuck into the game. He was a poorer rebounder than AO but better at playing defense when the opposing five set picks at the top of the key. He also neutralized a lot of players that shot easily over AO. Take the best aspects of AO's game and combine them with the best aspects of Chuck's game and you had a complete player on the defensive end. Neither were good at creating shots on the offensive end. Nod would have to go to AO. The weird thing is I preferred Chuck in the game more than AO because of his defense.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Chuck was a myth, a legend. There was a Facebook group back then called, "Charles Okwandu is UConn's Heart and Soul." Where whenever you saw Chuck around campus you posted on the group wall and gave him a swag level.

For example,

I saw Chuck standing outside Towers last night. Probably waiting for some bitty so she could go to work on his low post. Swag 11/10.

Reaction Score
Chuck was a myth, a legend. There was a Facebook group back then called, "Charles Okwandu is UConn's Heart and Soul." Where whenever you saw Chuck around campus you posted on the group wall and gave him a swag level.

For example,

I saw Chuck standing outside Towers last night. Probably waiting for some bitty so she could go to work on his low post. Swag 11/10.

I miss that group so much. I don't think he ever had a Swag level below 8/10

Reaction Score
I say no way. Ray has earned probably almost $200 million in his career. He has little kids at home now and 1 has a medical issue. I just can't see him dealing with coaching, even 10 years down the road.

This. The superstars of the game almost never go into coaching. It's usually the cerebral, journeyman types (e.g. KO).

Has Ray ever expressed any interest in coaching?

Reaction Score
This is just too bizzarre to respond to...do you even know if Ray Allen knows how to coach? Of course not. But he's Ray Allen so he must...

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I miss that group so much. I don't think he ever had a Swag level below 8/10

My favorite one was something like this:

Poster: I saw Chuck at my sister's high school lacrosse game. He was wearing his White Sox hat and his swag was 10/10.

Reply: So in other words, Chuck was slamming the entire lacrosse team. Classic Chuck.

Reaction Score
Chuck was guarding Derrick Williams at the 3-point line at end of Arizona game. Forced him into a brick - long rebound was then kicked out to the corner and...whew.

I'd be surprised to see Ray coach. He'd be more apt to become a corporate businessman type or a front office executive, or maybe run a charity.

Reaction Score
This. The superstars of the game almost never go into coaching. It's usually the cerebral, journeyman types (e.g. KO).

Has Ray ever expressed any interest in coaching?
Great point. I know he wasnt a journeyman but Phil Jackson also comes to mind.

Reaction Score
This is just too bizzarre to respond to...do you even know if Ray Allen knows how to coach? Of course not.

While I understand what you are trying to say here, but no rookie coach really knows how to coach. Its developed by studying other coaches, basketball experience perhaps reading and certainly getting your feet wet by assisting head coaches. In that case Ray would qualify, as an assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom