Rate your top 10 UConn wins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rate your top 10 UConn wins

Reaction Score
Think about this. There are a lot of other programs that would put a win over UConn among the top wins in their history. Speaks to the level of UConn's history.

Reaction Score
Think about this. There are a lot of other programs that would put a win over UConn among the top wins in their history. Speaks to the level of UConn's history.
Like Providence

Reaction Score
After the 99 title, that 1990 BE championship was my favorite.

I watched that down in Daytona Beach on spring break … we had a chartered bus load of UConn fans on a cheap trip, and talked a bar into projecting it on a big screen if we could bring a bunch of folks. We delivered, and it was a big party with tons of BL pitchers in those tall thin-ish Pilsner glasses. In the BE final, playing with house $$$, not a worry in the world except getting sh-tfaced and rooting for UConn with a fired up crew.

I wonder, any other BYers in that bar?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
1. 2023 National Championship
2. 2023 Final Four
3. 2023 Elite Eight
4. 2023 Big East Championship
5. 2023 Sweet Sixteen
6. 2023 Big East Semi-Finals
7. 2023 Round of 32
8. 2023 Round of 64
9. 2023 Big East Quarterfinals
10. 2023 Big East 1st Round
When it was first suggested in another thread that a 7-2 record was needed to not be a bubble team, there was counterargument that 3-6 would be sufficient to get an NCAA Tournament bid. In the back-and-forth discussion, 4-5 & 5-4 were also mentioned. I don't recall seeing 6-3, which I think is too bad.

A 6-3 regular season closeout (now 5-3 after tonight's victory at DePaul) could pair perfectly with your post.

If somehow an 11-9 Conference record could result in a 6th place finish, then the 2023 regular season would end with a 22-9 record. Combine that with your post, and the complete season would end with...

NO OOC losses.
Winning a pre-season tournament (PK85), the Big East Tournament (without a bye),
the NCAA Tournament, and a 32-9 final record for the season.

Sound familiar?

Reaction Score
What's amazing is that No. 1 is so clear and away the best and so clearly my favorite UConn memory by such a significant margin.

Reaction Score
When I hiked the AT a few years back I tried to write a summary of a famous UConn game in the trail logs of each of the 7 shelters in the state. I think I went with:
  • It's late, it's great, it's Tate
  • Ray's runner to beat Iverson
  • We shocked the world
  • Okafor 2nd half, kills Duke
  • 6 Overtimes
  • Kemba. Stepback. KEMBA
  • Hungry Huskies win 4th natty

Reaction Score
When I hiked the AT a few years back I tried to write a summary of a famous UConn game in the trail logs of each of the 7 shelters in the state. I think I went with:
  • We shocked the world
  • 6 Overtimes
  • Kemba. Stepback. KEMBA
The 6 six OT game we lost against Syracuse could start a whole new thread about favorite loses.

Even though it ended bad was pretty fantastic game to watch. Same goes for the painful Duke dagger that killed the dream season. Didn’t like the result, but respected the team for a good game played, just didn’t get the end result. Tate George so close to stealing the ball and end before Laetner shot.

Caron Butler’s performance against future champion Maryland in elite 8 was another one where we didn’t get the win, but it was a great game.

Reaction Score
Im going non conventional with the 10 games post 2014

1. Feb 2022 Nova at Home - Was the game I felt like we really were ourselves again
2. 2016 AAC 4 OT Game v Cincy - felt like 09 Cuse 2.0. That Adams heave
3. Nov 2021 Auburn 2OT - Big Upset and we really got to meet Jordan Hawkins
4. Nov 2022 Alabama PK - Great opponent, just outworked em
5. Nov 2022 Iowa St PK - The Clingan MVP Game
6. 2015 AAC Tourney Semis v Tulsa - Just a hideous game but convinced myself we were going on another magical run with Boatright
7. 2016 Colorado NCAA win - Gave us a shot to play a damn good Kansas team
8. Nov 2017 vs Cuse in the 2k - They were ranked, we beat em up
9. Nov 2019 vs Florida at Gampel - Great early season win vs Ranked Opponent
10. Nov 2020 vs USC at Mohegan - no fans, so weird but good opponent. Evan Mobley. Beat em up.

Reaction Score
Im going non conventional with the 10 games post 2014

1. Feb 2022 Nova at Home - Was the game I felt like we really were ourselves again
2. 2016 AAC 4 OT Game v Cincy - felt like 09 Cuse 2.0. That Adams heave
3. Nov 2021 Auburn 2OT - Big Upset and we really got to meet Jordan Hawkins
4. Nov 2022 Alabama PK - Great opponent, just outworked em
5. Nov 2022 Iowa St PK - The Clingan MVP Game
6. 2015 AAC Tourney Semis v Tulsa - Just a hideous game but convinced myself we were going on another magical run with Boatright
7. 2016 Colorado NCAA win - Gave us a shot to play a damn good Kansas team
8. Nov 2017 vs Cuse in the 2k - They were ranked, we beat em up
9. Nov 2019 vs Florida at Gampel - Great early season win vs Ranked Opponent
10. Nov 2020 vs USC at Mohegan - no fans, so weird but good opponent. Evan Mobley. Beat em up.
Pretty good list but the Boatright game winner in the AAC tournament against Cincy has to be on here. Also would include the Purvis 28pt game in a win against SMU in 2015. Beating Cuse in the 2K should be top 3 on this list.

Reaction Score
Pretty good list but the Boatright game winner in the AAC tournament against Cincy has to be on here. Also would include the Purvis 28pt game in a win against SMU in 2015. Beating Cuse in the 2K should be top 3 on this list.

Yeah i could tinker with the order. More so ran through them as i thought of them. I picked tulsa in the aac in 2015 mostly cuz i remember saying “hey get to the finals and ill buy tickets” and i did

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The 6 six OT game we lost against Syracuse could start a whole new thread about favorite loses.

Even though it ended bad was pretty fantastic game to watch. Same goes for the painful Duke dagger that killed the dream season. Didn’t like the result, but respected the team for a good game played, just didn’t get the end result. Tate George so close to stealing the ball and end before Laetner shot.

Caron Butler’s performance against future champion Maryland in elite 8 was another one where we didn’t get the win, but it was a great game.

It wasn’t a great game to watch it was a personal hell. I had been in that building for like 8 hours at the time it ended.

It’s like the Italian saying that Hell is an Irish Bar and it’s St Patrick’s day every day. My hell is that 6 OT game where we had at least 5 chances in the different periods to ice the game and never did. Against frickin Syracuse. It could not have been worse.

I’ve never watched it since and I’ve never understood why any UConn fan would.

We were #3 in country and lost in quarterfinals.

No thanks.

Reaction Score
Back to the original list, I'd go with the Clemson game over the championships. I know that's crazy to some, but that game put you through the wringer if you watched the entire thing. The team built a huge lead. The team took its foot off the gas. Clemson stormed back and seeming snatched an impossible win. I remember wanting to vomit at that point. I was slipping into a deep and dark depression and then the Burrell heave to Tate and the rest is history. My dad, mom and I were jumping around in a circle like little kids. Aside from when a snake has crossed her path, it is the only time I have ever seen my mom jump. Then the phone began ring from friends and neighbors asking if we saw it. Went from such a low to such an incredible high.

Reaction Score
The 99 title.
Kentucky 2011 final four.
Duke 04 final four.
St. Joes first round 2014
Washington sweet 16 2006
Battle in Seattle 2009
Both games vs Florida in 2014
2016 against Cincy in AAC
At Indiana in 2006
WVU in BET 2012

Reaction Score
UConn upset of Michigan state 2012 at RAMSTEIN afb. Kevin Ollie’s first game as coach.
Nice job getting the spelling right. The band Rammstein is in fact named after the air force base even though they spell it differently.

Reaction Score
*4OT winner against Cincinnati with Jalen Adams 62ft buzzer beater.
*Bazz kills Nova with a deep 3 In OT.

Reaction Score
Throw in UConns 35-32 win over Rhody in 1970. Back then that win was as big as it gets. Fieldhouse was beyond electric that night.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm having a difficult time understanding why anyone's list wouldn't have the four title game wins in their top five.

On the 2009 BET 6 OT loss to Syracuse, there was a silver lining. That team needed to realize how much effort was needed in a tournament setting and it is unlikely that they would have fully understood without feeling the pain of a loss like that. I personally believe that we would have been knocked off before the final four that year if the Cuse game ended up a win after a couple OT's.

Reaction Score
  • We shocked the world
  • 6 Overtimes
  • Kemba. Stepback. KEMBA
We were down like 10 points with 4 min left. Big East Champs!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm having a difficult time understanding why anyone's list wouldn't have the four title game wins in their top five.
So you feel the Georgia Tech win in 04 was better than beating Duke in the semis? And the Butler win in 11 was one of the 5 best … a game that Butler seemed to lose interest in when they didn’t extend it by fouling?

Lots of great games to choose from, those two aren’t at my top.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
So you feel the Georgia Tech win in 04 was better than beating Duke in the semis? And the Butler win in 11 was one of the 5 best … a game that Butler seemed to lose interest in when they didn’t extend it by fouling?

Lots of great games to choose from, those two aren’t at my top.
In my humble opinion order of magnitude is important. If you end up with the one piece of hardware everyone wants once the season ends the clinching game warrants quite a bit of esteem.

Yes, in 2004 one could place more value in the semifinal win over Duke as a) a win there was necessary to achieve the ultimate goal b) the game was far more compelling than the final and c) the level of animus the opponent held but it all would have been empty if we didn't close the deal.

Reaction Score
2011 vs Villanova- Kemba game winner
2011 at Texas- Roscoe's full court pass and Kemba game winner
2011 vs Pittsburgh Kemba game winner at Big East Tournament
2011 vs Louisville Big East Tournament win
2012 at Villanova Shabazz game winner
2013 vs Florida Shabazz game winner
2016 vs Cincinatti Jalen Adams shot to tie the AAC tournament game
2016 vs Memphis UConn wins AAC tournament
2020 Christian Vital speech

This is just off the top of my head. Personally my favorite uconn game is the 2017 game where the uconn women beat SMU to win 91 straight games breaking the record. My favorite uconn moment is the Christian Vital speech in 2020

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom