Rate the Hire (Jim Mora) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rate the Hire (Jim Mora)

On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how would you rate the hire?

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Gave a nine. I recognized the name. And if what is being posted about the hiring process is correct, that DB went outside the the Search Firm list, actually listened to a staff member's recommendation and exhaustively reviewed it, that speaks volumes about our AD. AD Dave is dedicated to the rebuild, the long-term success of the program, and is willing to wholly own the hire.
Despite all the negativity by some posters, towards the hire and Benedict’s decision, I think UConn is lucky to have hired Mora for 5 years at $1.5M per, with incentives.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Despite all the negativity by some posters, towards the hire and Benedict’s decision, I think UConn is lucky to have hired Mora for 5 years at $1.5M per, with incentives.
I don’t know about “lucky” but I do think it’s a good hire. I’d love to know who else through their hat into the ring.

Reaction Score
Dont You Say That Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter
Don't do Trevor like that. lol

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From a guy that does not have a dog in this race, I’d say Mora was a very good hire. He’s experienced, mature, knows the game, will bring mature experienced former college and NFL coaches with him, and he has name recognition.

You could have done better. You also could have done a lot worse as you did in your last 3 hires. Good luck!! I’m rooting for you guys. You have a great school with a better than average athletic program. Your football team should reflect those values and tradition.

The transition as you all know won’t happen in 1 year, but I believe it will happen. “Build it and they will come.” I also believe you guys have more good games and good times IN FRONT of you than behind you. Congratulations guys. Your A.D. got it right this time. Happy days are here again. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Does anyone else think that maybe the news got leaked that UConn was going to name Mora HC, so AD Dave was forced to do that strange Zoom intro presser from Mora's lakehouse in Idaho? Or was that like on purpose? Seemed rushed kinda, and they mentioned they would do a official presser when he's in Storrs the 28th.
I like the hire, but it was announced ahead of getting boat-raced by Clemson on purpose, IMO.

Kudos to AD David Benedict for landing a coach with football pedigree, a resume of success, an ability to recruit and a guy who clearly understands the benefit of using the transfer portal to turn things around quickly. Mora will not have a five-year plan for success.

Last edited:

DCT

Reaction Score
“Mora visited the UConn campus in in 2019 and toured the football facilities before serving as a color commentator for UConn’s 56-10 loss to Navy at Rentschler Field in 2019.”
Thanks for info

Reaction Score
recruiting at UCLA vs recruiting at UConn - yeah thats an equal playing field
I gave the choice a 6 - it is a total surprise and makes you wonder who turned DB down
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but wish it was someone who is familiar with the East of the Mississippi
At UCLA, Mora was able to bring in a top QB every year. At UConn, we can’t even get one during Diaco and Edsall 2.0 due to the poor OC and QB coaching. If Mora hires a good OC, I think we will see better HS and portal QB recruiting.

Reaction Score
I want to change my vote from 8 to 9, at least. I am loving everything I hear from this guy. So too are the UCONN fans up at syracuse fan. They've got a running thread about UCONN Football, 12 pages and counting. And J-Mo hasn't even stepped on the field yet.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He put UConn on the front page of a number of sports pages for a good reason. He has a great family name and has the connections to hire the proper people to get the job done, or so is our hope as UConn fans.

Those who graded it lower don't have a clue

Reaction Score
I don’t know about “lucky” but I do think it’s a good hire. I’d love to know who else through their hat into the ring.
I mean lucky to get him for only $1.5M. The athletic dept now has $2m plus to spend on staff.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was a 6 when I first heard. Was hoping for a more up and coming coach who is tuned in to modern game planning. Hoping he'll hiring young coordinators that will help with this. If not, then I'm back to a 6.

However, when I heard that he wanted this job and came to DB about it, I jumped up to a 7-8. He's definitely a name coach, but he's a name coach who WANTS to coach here. He's been out of coaching but he's not someone DB called up and pulled back in. At least that's not how they are saying it so I'm buying it. Anyone that comes to DB and wants to coach this dumpster fire is an 8 in my books!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom