OT: Rat | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Rat

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I've waged a personal war with chipmunks that has gone far beyond what any rational person should do. Cayenne pepper and a fake snake in the garden are my latest additions but I haven't seen any in the last two weeks. The solution is a group of three red-tailed hawks in my neighborhood that have been eating squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits all day long. You need to encourage those guys and by using poison the hawks get killed too when they eat an infected critter.

Ive got chipmunk issues, but it manifested itself in a weird way last month. Around 7 am I was smoking a butt on the deck and I turned the corner to the side of the house and a frickin Eagle got spooked pulling a chipmunk out of side garden. But it was SO spooked that it flew directly at my face instead of away from me, with the chipmunk still in its talons. When it got within a couple feet of me a (it didnt intend to do this I dont think, it just wanted to take off when it heard me and flew the wrong way) I screamed like a little girl and it thankfully did an immediate u-turn away from my face and headed toward the driveway, but the worst part was on the way out it Dropped the dead chipmunk pretty much at the driver side door of my car.

I was like "jesus. If you are going to frighten me within an inch of my life the least you could do is get rid of the godforsaken chipmunk for me, and not leave me ANOTHER dead one to dispose of"

It was an alternatingly terrifying but exhilirating experience. Eagles are really impressive birds and HUGE.

Reaction Score
I purchased a pack of rubber snakes, if I can keep myself from using one to terrify my wife, I will now strike back at the chipmunk.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The rat is back, but not a single chipmunk sighting in a week which is amazing. Rat is mostly in neighbor's yard now, I've seen him twice in past two days. Shoved four green blocks of death in holes in the railroad ties part of the retaining wall. Hoping he's dumb enough to gnaw on some.

Reaction Score
Rubber snakes worked like a charm.. But for how long...

Reaction Score
I am setting up the Bucket of Death tomorrow. Does anyone use peanut butter to help get carnage started?

I spread peanut butter on the can. Then I sprinkle bird seed on it.

Reaction Score
The only thought I had was that the face on the rat picture should have been Boeheim's,

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Bagged 3 chipmunks and a mouse in 3 days, but now a squirrel has found it and keeps eating the seeds off the top and knocking the ramp over. I probably need a thinner ramp, it's a 2 by 4.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
About a year ago I got rid of an overly comfortable raccoon by mixing rat poison with cat food and leaving it on the deck overnight. I felt bad but it was basically around everyday.

For Rats, go to Agway and buy the commercial rat poison boxes that you see outside restaurants. Mix the poison pellets with peanut butter cup candy. Put the box where you saw the rat and it’ll be over shortly.

Reaction Score
About a year ago I got rid of an overly comfortable raccoon by mixing rat poison with cat food and leaving it on the deck overnight. I felt bad but it was basically around everyday.

For Rats, go to Agway and buy the commercial rat poison boxes that you see outside restaurants. Mix the poison pellets with peanut butter cup candy. Put the box where you saw the rat and it’ll be over shortly.
Saw those outside Costco, they are big!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Saw those outside Costco, they are big!
You can get the big ones there. Doesn’t cost much. About $15. They lock so that kids can’t get in them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom