Rasheed Wallace to the Knicks | The Boneyard

Rasheed Wallace to the Knicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tell me this is a joke. Im no longer embarassed to be a Knicks fan im highly entertained. This makes Rasheed the 4th oldest knick. Jaynce I wanna hear your thoughts on this one.

Reaction Score
Clearly the knicks have watched sports comedies and done their homework. Hence, they know that to win a championship they need a rag tag group of misfits and at least one wily old guy who's playing days are over. Now that they have Kid and Wallace how could they lose they just doubled their chances, pure genius.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I won't watch the NBA until Kemba Walker plays for New York.

Reaction Score
Judging by how stupid the Knicks have been the past couple of seasons I think Kemba has a better situation playing in Charlotte.

The Knicks will sign Kemba when hes almost 40 whether is he still playing by then or retired

Reaction Score
Watch Allan Houston sign a contract just to be a practice body, like he's done in previous seasons.

U

UCONNfan1

Does Wallace still have any game? He's been out for almost 3 years now, right? Sounds like a desperate plan to try to get a "big" name to add to the roster. Sort of like if they gave Ewing a jersey and put him on the bench. Honorary player or something like that. Are the fans that stupid that they will say "Ooh. we got Wallace. Now we are a playoff team. Can't wait to get those season tix..."

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Tell me this is a joke. Im no longer embarassed to be a Knicks fan im highly entertained. This makes Rasheed the 4th oldest knick. Jaynce I wanna hear your thoughts on this one.

Knick fan here and I had this argument with my Dad over the weekend, me taking the same stance as you. Pop's has seen the Knick glory days and he likes the Camby, Kidd & Kurt Thomas signings and said he hoped they got Wallace too. I kept barking that I wanted to get younger and that I like Carmelo but was against giving away all the youth we gave up to get him. My Dad got me thinking when he came back with the fact that we can't turn back time so stockpiling proven talent who can each give you 12-20 quality minutes might be the best way to complement the dudes we're locked into long term.

Reaction Score
Knick fan here and I had this argument with my Dad over the weekend, me taking the same stance as you. Pop's has seen the Knick glory days and he likes the Camby, Kidd & Kurt Thomas signings and said he hoped they got Wallace too. I kept barking that I wanted to get younger and that I like Carmelo but was against giving away all the youth we gave up to get him. My Dad got me thinking when he came back with the fact that we can't turn back time so stockpiling proven talent who can each give you 12-20 quality minutes might be the best way to complement the dudes we're locked into long term.

At this point its the route they have to take since they are capped out with their max contracts of Stat, Tyson and Melo, and dont have anymore assets to use in a trade except for Shumpert who they definetly need. You gotta hope our vets can stay healthy and catch the fountain of youth. The second I become optimistic about about the knicks is the second I get let down.

Reaction Score
I heard the Knicks are waiting a few years before signing Kevin Ollie..as a player

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Every time I think the Knicks have found a new low, they break out more shovels. What a friggin mess.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Every time I think the Knicks have found a new low, they break out more shovels. What a friggin mess.

I may be an optomist but don't you have even the slightest hope that Sheed brings a little of the attitude the Knicks have been missing since the mid-90's Ewing/Oakley/Starks days?

"I'm cool with whatever. I'll just keep eating my bread, sipping my soup and serving my time. But the chicken is going to lay some more eggs one day." - Charles Oakley as a veteran, on being benched in favor of teenagers.

If Wallace brings that type of attitude for 12 minutes a game, for minimal cap space, I'm all for it.

In all honesty, I have no clue what that quote means. What I do know is that every winning team I was ever a part of had a crazy on it who'd say things like Oak and get T 'd up like Rasheed. He's not the missing link, but he can be a strong one.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Donnie Walsh being allowed to walk away was the last straw. I won't watch another Knicks game until Dolan is gone.

Reaction Score
Knicks must have the most grey haired players on one team in the history of the NBA. I expect to see a lot of tongue wagging and walking back on defense. This may get the nostalgic fans back in the seats spending their kids inheritance. On the other hand those same fans may probably be seen napping on the tele-cams. I can't wait to see the advertisement spots with this collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom