Rashad Anderson to Huskies of Honor this weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rashad Anderson to Huskies of Honor this weekend

Reaction Score
His 3 against Duke right after they went up 8 is in the top-10 if not top-5 most important plays in UConn basketball history.

That shot doesn't go in, we probably have one less title and Duke has one more.

It is one of many big shots he hit for us, but by far the biggest.
Correct. I was sure I wasn't the only one that noticed this, but I never see many posts about it and you certainly won't hear about it from non-UConn fans. It's understandable because it wasn't a buzzer beater to win or tie the game. His game tying 3 pointer against the Washington Huskies is what most people remember but it pales in importance to the 3 pointer you mentioned.

Reaction Score
Correct. I was sure I wasn't the only one that noticed this, but I never see many posts about it and you certainly won't hear about it from non-UConn fans. It's understandable because it wasn't a buzzer beater to win or tie the game. His game tying 3 pointer against the Washington Huskies is what most people remember but it pales in importance to the 3 pointer you mentioned.
Oh believe me, every UConn fan from that time period realizes the importance of that 3. Onions. That shot is etched in my brain because it was right in front of me. Maybe the most nervous I've ever been at a UConn game. I just couldn't fathom being in San Antonio another 2 days without the Huskies still playing. When Rashad hit that shot we were thinking, "O.K. we still have a shot to win this game."

Reaction Score
Well-deserved - he was a key contributor from the second he got on the court.
@Letsgohuskies11

I was at UConn from the 2004-05 and 2007-08 seasons, and Rashad was easily one of my favorite players during my time there. Just such a clutch shooter and overall, always seemed like a down to earth guy whenever I saw him on or off campus.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Aren't they honoring the championship team and that's why Rashad is going to be at the XL? I don't think he is going to be HOH honored????

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I'm waiting for the 20 minute video of Emeka blocking shots.

Reaction Score
Whenever I think of Rashad (and part of me really wants to type in "Rashard" here and tag @businesslawyer) I remember thinking anytime the ball left his hands I felt like it was a certainty it was going in. In fact, pretty much anytime he curled around the screen I figured he was going to get the ball and sink a three. I loved that kid, not only for his scoring, but for his swagger.
I’m a lawyer, not a speller

Reaction Score
Rashad and JJ played college ball in the same era, one went 11th in the draft and played 14 seasons, the other went undrafted, had a summer league stint and spent the rest of his pro career overseas. JJ was better just like Hawkins is, I don't see how a 20 year time jump suddenly makes Rashad on the same level of prospect as Hawkins.
I am happy to admit when i'm wrong. You're correct. For some reason i thought JJ was at least 5 years after Rashad. Not so.
Then again, i'm a UConn fan, and i think Rashad wasn't given a fair shake, and deserved a starting spot for the Grizzlies.

Funny thing is, i can't think of a single missed shot. Odd how even the recent memory can skew that way.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Rashad was pure offense.

1706241728804.png

Reaction Score
That dip of production Rashad’s junior year is because he spent two weeks in the hospital with a leg infection that February, almost died, then was less than 50% of his usual self when he tried to come back in March.

It doesn’t seem to be remembered like Dyson in ‘09 in our What If? history, but if Rashad stayed healthy, you can add another month of production to his 3-point records and that 2005 team (that was a No. 2 seed) 100% beats NC State, likely gets past Wisconsin in the Sweet 16 and gets an Elite 8 shot at North Carolina.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That dip of production Rashad’s junior year is because he spent two weeks in the hospital with a leg infection that February, almost died, then was less than 50% of his usual self when he tried to come back in March.

It doesn’t seem to be remembered like Dyson in ‘09 in our What If? history, but if Rashad stayed healthy, you can add another month of production to his 3-point records and that 2005 team (that was a No. 2 seed) 100% beats NC State, likely gets past Wisconsin in the Sweet 16 and gets an Elite 8 shot at North Carolina.
This and also having AJ for the that season and 2005-2006.

But that also would mean he wouldn’t be there for 09. Both of those teams desperately needed a backup PG.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Way to go "Scream!!!" Ice water in his veins.

@Nuzzi
& a QuickDraw (personal given nickname during his playing days) I don't think anyone that ever played could come in cold and shot a 3 without any hesitation as well as Rashad. That was my impression then and still rermains.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
& a QuickDraw (personal given nickname during his playing days) I don't think anyone that ever played could come in cold and shot a 3 without any hesitation as well as Rashad. That was my impression then and still rermains.
I remember for a little while there was an effort on the board to give him the nickname Neo since his name was "Mr. Anderson" and he sure seem to be "the one."

Reaction Score

Not just Rashad, but AJ Price was supposed to be part of the dual PG lineup with Marcus Williams. The what-if isn't just with the 2005 but 2006. What if Andrew Bynum plays one year at UConn? That big fat guy Jai Lewis on George Mason wouldn't have done squat. Neither would've Will Thomas in the post. He beat Rudy Gay in high school as well. Hilton Armstrong, wouldn't have made the NBA as he would've been the odd man out with limited minutes.

Okay Bynum made the correct decision to go for the NBA and Calhoun cannot control that, but just having AJ Price would've made that 2005 and the 2006 team much better as Marcus Williams wouldn't have been so burned out doing all the ball handling duties. Plus, AJ Price was a much better defender than Williams.

Reaction Score
Not just Rashad, but AJ Price was supposed to be part of the dual PG lineup with Marcus Williams. The what-if isn't just with the 2005 but 2006. What if Andrew Bynum plays one year at UConn? That big fat guy Jai Lewis on George Mason wouldn't have done squat. Neither would've Will Thomas in the post. He beat Rudy Gay in high school as well. Hilton Armstrong, wouldn't have made the NBA as he would've been the odd man out with limited minutes.

Okay Bynum made the correct decision to go for the NBA and Calhoun cannot control that, but just having AJ Price would've made that 2005 and the 2006 team much better as Marcus Williams wouldn't have been so burned out doing all the ball handling duties. Plus, AJ Price was a much better defender than Williams.
Rudy and AJ were going to be the next great duo to replace Ben and Mek. Crazy that they never played a game together. AJ is most likely a 2 and done if he never gets the brain aneurysm.

Reaction Score
2004, traveled to Philadelphia to watch a men’s and women’s vs Villanova doubleheader. Men played in the afternoon and Villanova were favored. It was a great game. Men down by 3 with seconds to go when Anderson hit a baseline 3 to tie the game. We won in OT. Women played in the evening and were undefeated. They lost! But both seasons had fantastic endings.

Reaction Score
I know this is a noon tip. Does anyone know what time the ceremony is? Don’t answer 20 minutes before the game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know this is a noon tip. Does anyone know what time the ceremony is? Don’t answer 20 minutes before the game
I'm sure it's at halftime.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom