Rankings UConn 3 | The Boneyard

Rankings UConn 3

Reaction Score
Polls are funny.

UConn & ND have 1 loss. UConn beat ND but is ranked below them.
Baylor and Stanford have 1 loss. Stanford beat BU but is ranked below them.
BU & UConn have 1 loss. BU beat UConn but is ranked below them
Tennesse and TX have 2 losses. TN beat UT but is ranked below them.
Gonzaga and Stanford have 1 loss. The Zags beat Stanford but is ranked way below them.

The pollsters stay confused until the last game is played.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I have no idea how I would rank the top 7 or 8, but apparently, losing at home to #3 is better than losing on the road to #4.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Honestly, I have no idea how I would rank the top 7 or 8, but apparently, losing at home to #3 is better than losing on the road to #4.
Or more games were played than just those two and the pollsters incorporated all the information for the season in making difficult (yet inconsequential) decision about where to place all the teams.

Reaction Score
I don't sweat the weekly polls, they move up and down like the stock market sometimes without rhyme or reason..........................the only poll I care about is the final poll.................

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Honestly, I don’t think pollsters spend a lot of time before they vote each week looking at a team’s entire SOS. I believe they mail in their weekly votes without a lot of thought or analysis.

Their most recent impression is what counts. ND played well recently, so they’re #1. Louisville keeps winning but not by overwhelming margins so they’re #2. UConn lost at Baylor so they drop to #3. Baylor beat UConn at home so they move up to #4.

When March rolls around, the NCAA selection committee looks at the entire body of work for the top 70 or so teams, including AQ’s, spending far more time evaluating SOS, key wins, recent performance, etc. before seeding teams and setting up their brackets, and even they make mistakes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom