Rankings Revisited | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rankings Revisited

Reaction Score
And USF is still ranked :oops:

No surprises there. I think DePaul's movement up is remarkable given the loss of four starters during the season. I think an announcer said that one has returned. But kudos to Doug Bruno for hanging in there!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
No surprises there. I think DePaul's movement up is remarkable given the loss of four starters during the season. I think an announcer said that one has returned. But kudos to Doug Bruno for hanging in there!

Bruno is a great coach and a class act.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My post predated the Tennessee game.

I know... just adding them to the list. So basically now its Tennesee, NC State, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Duke ?

Reaction Score
Have to say that Tennessee gets ranked today. Perhaps 16th. They have beaten a lot of strong teams. But lost to a lot of teams that a 16th ranked team never should have lost to.

The rankings outside of the top two are really scrambled. Maryland has a great record, but has achieved it by playing a largely creampuff schedule. Florida State is strong. Texas is on a big winning streak, though after losing for early on. Mississippi State just lost to South Carolina.

On the lower end, Kentucky just lost a gimme to Missouri, and right after rejoining the rankings.

Dart board.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Have to say that Tennessee gets ranked today. Perhaps 16th. They have beaten a lot of strong teams. But lost to a lot of teams that a 16th ranked team never should have lost to.

The rankings outside of the top two are really scrambled. Maryland has a great record, but has achieved it by playing a largely creampuff schedule. Florida State is strong. Texas is on a big winning streak, though after losing for early on. Mississippi State just lost to South Carolina.

On the lower end, Kentucky just lost a gimme to Missouri, and right after rejoining the rankings.

Dart board.

I wouldn't call Missouri a "gimme." Top 40 team for sure. Lost by only 2 points at Kentucky in early January. On a 5-game winning streak now, including wins over A&M (when they were also ranked 25th) and Auburn.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State has lost to 3 unranked teams in their last 11 games. Does that sound like a Top 25'er?

Yep :)

NC State- They just lost to 13-9 UNC, and by a convincing margin. NC State now has six losses, including some bad ones. I think they deserve, for their six losses and their inconsistency, to go home.

?

wolfpack.jpg

You tell this bunch to go home...... :confused::confused::confused:

I didnt think so :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Does NC State pull ahead of TN now ??

Ahead in what respect? That sub-thread was about which teams had the best 3 wins.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ahead in what respect? That sub-thread was about which teams had the best 3 wins.

I assume you had TN's 3 best wins as being better than State's after monday night. Just wondered if beating Louisville, FSU, and ND were now better than TN's beating Stanford, ND, and South Carolina ?

Plebe

Reaction Score
I assume you had TN's 3 best wins as being better than State's after monday night. Just wondered if beating Louisville, FSU, and ND were now better than TN's beating Stanford, ND, and South Carolina ?

I actually consider the Duke win to be slightly better than the Louisville win, in accordance with the committee's reveal (Duke at #11, UL at #13).

Again, based on the committee's 1/23 reveal:
Tennessee has beaten South Carolina (#3), Notre Dame (#7), and Stanford (#10).
NC State has beaten Florida State (#5), Notre Dame (#7), and Duke (#11).

Ever-so-slight edge would technically go to the Vols, but I'd call it a virtual tie. We also don't know how much, if any, SC's placement has suffered due to its loss to Tenn.

But now that State has also beaten Louisville, I have to wonder if anyone else other than UConn has as strong a quartet of wins.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I actually consider the Duke win to be slightly better than the Louisville win, in accordance with the committee's reveal (Duke at #11, UL at #13).

Again, based on the committee's 1/23 reveal:
Tennessee has beaten South Carolina (#3), Notre Dame (#7), and Stanford (#10).
NC State has beaten Florida State (#5), Notre Dame (#7), and Duke (#11).

Ever-so-slight edge would technically go to the Vols, but I'd call it a virtual tie. We also don't know how much, if any, SC's placement has suffered due to its loss to Tenn.

But now that State has also beaten Louisville, I have to wonder if anyone else other than UConn has as strong a quartet of wins.

What about South Carolina? Miss State, Louisville, Ohio State, and Texas...

Plebe

Reaction Score
What about South Carolina? Miss State, Louisville, Ohio State, and Texas...

Ohio State is not even in the top 16. Close but not quite.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ok... I was just going by the polls. They get a lot of love... not sure why though.

The only reason they're as high as they are in the polls is because they started out the season so high (#7 AP/#6 coaches).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only reason they're as high as they are in the polls is because they started out the season so high (#7 AP/#6 coaches).

Thats the only reason why Ohio State, Louisville, and possibly Texas are all ahead of Duke right now.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Thats the only reason why Ohio State, Louisville, and possibly Texas are all ahead of Duke right now.
I feel like Triad is converting me here "No, I don't want any more koolaid, what it tastes good? And it's berry falavored? Ok I will have some" however he has a major point- tOSU has not beaten anyone of note unless you say Syracuse. Neither has Louisville (again unless you count Syracuse) while Duke has a decent resume. Ultimately this will be played out in the ACC Tourney so have faith my friend, have faith....

Plebe

Reaction Score
One reason I'd still rank SC over Maryland even now. Quality of wins.

It's not even close if you're ranking by resume or by quality wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom