Ranking the Top Defensive Stoppers in College Basketball in 2015-16 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ranking the Top Defensive Stoppers in College Basketball in 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw this on B/R was totally surprised to see Miller on there, let alone at #1. But its hilarious that if Miller was for some reason not listed, this same article would probably posted in thread bashing the hell out of it for putting Amida at 18 then proceed to be used as mojo for this season.

I love the boneyard lol

It is an entertaining list because it includes a high volume of players off the radar of most college hoops fans. Also Miller should be on any top defender list regardless of source. Any list has to have Malcolm Brogdon. Gill is also a good defender but not in the same class as Brogdon. I watched a lot of Virginia last year.

Reaction Score
What's good about transfers is you know what you are getting!

Also noticed Amida and also Gary Payton Jr, who it seems that he is living up to the high expectaions. Would like to see him play.

"The Glove Child" is a freak defender. If he can somehow find a way to find his stroke Oregon State could be a HUGE sleeper this year. Stephen Thompson Jr (UConn offer) with the coaches kid Wes Tinkle lead a top 20 recruiting class that beat Arizona last year and returns basically everyone. How hard is it to win in Gill Colisium? The 66 year old building this year should be the home court to a Sweet16 Sleeper. 15-2 last year @ Gill. Don't sleep on the Beavers. Please don't!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Reaction Score
It is an entertaining list because it includes a high volume of players off the radar of most college hoops fans. Also Miller should be on any top defender list regardless of source. Any list has to have Malcolm Brogdon. Gill is also a good defender but not in the same class as Brogdon. I watched a lot of Virginia last year.

i feel bad for you, your eyes must be sore. just joking (partially, VA is woefully inept of any offensive talent) but I agree its an interesting list. I would like more 'interesting' lists, and more numbers to back these lists. Somebody like kennedy is unknown to normal hoops fans,but to husky faithful he's been a terror. That guy is a straight up beast and doesn't get enough credit... hell he doesn't even start god knows why lmao. He is like a Morris twin but without the aggravated assaults and coach killing, and more defense.

My whole thing is from all the tape i've seen on miller is he is an extremely high level defender who thrives as an anchor ( weakside strips, causing issues in pnr situations, he almost plays with a 'chip'. ) Uconn starts ( or 'crunchtimes') a ton of PLUS defenders, who also have offensive talent. The entire front line is stocked with plus defenders. I would submit gibbs as a neg defender, even so there is too much versatility defensively that is dominating the line up; this will be the best defense KO has ever coached up/brought to the table. easily a top 15 defense for the entire season.

Reaction Score
Also to the Squid clamor; most posters here are aware he isn't the most killer X&O coach guy out there. frankly the way his team plays, his end of game execution and out of ball plays leave much to be desired. Still, the guy is more than just a 'ncaab coach'... he is almost like a televangelist the way he recruits , and I mean that in a good way. he gets elite prospects to buy in, and his model is fine ( he literally is as far as his talent will take him, he aint coaching up). He is good for college hoops, there is no arguing that. And there is no arguing i enjoy my squad beating him even more.

Reaction Score
i feel bad for you, your eyes must be sore. just joking (partially, VA is woefully inept of any offensive talent) but I agree its an interesting list. I would like more 'interesting' lists, and more numbers to back these lists. Somebody like kennedy is unknown to normal hoops fans,but to husky faithful he's been a terror. That guy is a straight up beast and doesn't get enough credit... hell he doesn't even start god knows why lmao. He is like a Morris twin but without the aggravated assaults and coach killing, and more defense.

My whole thing is from all the tape i've seen on miller is he is an extremely high level defender who thrives as an anchor ( weakside strips, causing issues in pnr situations, he almost plays with a 'chip'. ) Uconn starts ( or 'crunchtimes') a ton of PLUS defenders, who also have offensive talent. The entire front line is stocked with plus defenders. I would submit gibbs as a neg defender, even so there is too much versatility defensively that is dominating the line up; this will be the best defense KO has ever coached up/brought to the table. easily a top 15 defense for the entire season.

This time of year I just want the season to start. I'm not ready to put JA as a +defender yet either but I have no doubt he will fall into that category towards the end of the year. The kid is special and a future pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom