Ranking the Top 25 College Players. | The Boneyard

Ranking the Top 25 College Players.

Reaction Score
Somebody else appreciates the overall game of Christyn Williams. Good to read.

Reaction Score
Cox's ranking is more reputation than this season results based at this point.

11 and 8 on 43% shooting with strong defense is certainly a very good player, but #2 in the country good?

Reaction Score

11 and 8 on 43% shooting with strong defense is certainly a very good player, but #2 in the country good?
Probably not this season. Cox's value to her team is most evident when she is out of the lineup. Her toughness and physicality make Baylor a favorite to repeat. Her individual stats at Baylor have never been remarkable, but she gives her squad a 6'4" enforcer who can pass as well.

Reaction Score
Probably not this season. Cox's value to her team is most evident when she is out of the lineup. Her toughness and physicality make Baylor a favorite to repeat. Her individual stats at Baylor have never been remarkable, but she gives her squad a 6'4" enforcer who can pass as well.

I'd be interested in seeing the numbers with and without Cox.

I think you are agreeing with me that she isn't #2 so don't want to come off as to argumentative.

I certainly think Baylor is better with her healthy.

Reaction Score
These rankings seem weird to me. If we’re going on play this year, I definitely feel that Boston and Harris (especially!) age ranked too low. I think two of the UConn players are ranked too high. I feel like there’s a case to be made for Rickea Jackson as well.

Reaction Score
Wow, Oregon and Kentucky sure have the best players as 6 of the top 7 rated are playing in schools from there. Then #8 Megan Walker is pictured being guarded by the only Kentucky girl playing at Oregon, Erin Boley. I am sure it's a coincidence but i found that interesting.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

I'd put her at 2. The defensive job she does inside is simply unmatched by anyone else in the country. No one compares to her as a defender and she may be the best post defender since Griner. Her stats arent pretty but I'd argue she's the 2nd most impactful player in the country when you take both sides of the ball into account. Eye test does it for me.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard is way too high for me. While she brings incredible talent when it comes to scoring she doesn't bring much else to the table. Her numbers also inflated to the the fact the rest of her team is bad at scoring the ball while she is great at it.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard is way too high for me. While she brings incredible talent when it comes to scoring she doesn't bring much else to the table. Her numbers also inflated to the the fact the rest of her team is bad at scoring the ball while she is great at it.
Just remember you get extra points if you play in Kentucky or Oregon.

Reaction Score
Difficult to find a lot to criticize with her game. Could have a better assist-to-turnover rate and shoot better than 43% from the floor. However, she shoots well from distance and at the line. Gets steals. Takes big shots. WNBA scouts must like her length and skill. Lots of upside.

Reaction Score
This list is a joke—— next.
Post your own list. It is good to see in print what basketball analysts are thinking. May the "next" that you refer to be your next list like a couple of other posters have done on the UConn board. South Carolina players fare better on those lists.

Come up with your own objective list and you can bet that someone will find fault with it. Put yourself out there....

Reaction Score
Post your own list. It is good to see in print what basketball analysts are thinking. May the "next" that you refer to be your next list like a couple of other posters have done on the UConn board. South Carolina players fare better on those lists.

Come up with your own objective list and you can bet that someone will find fault with it. Put yourself out there....

Doesn’t matter it’s make little sense to have a conversation over a redundant topic when the results speak for themselves on the court. So I’m gone to leave you here on that note...

Reaction Score
Cox D against top teams/players

Nelson Ododa, Uconn, 0-8, 6 rebs, 0 pts
Holmes, Texas, 2-14, 7 rebs, 4 pts
Ejifor, WV, 0-1, 4 rebs, 0 pts

Since she missed 6 weeks not much additional data available but you get the idea. Offensive stats aren't the only basis for analysis of a player's value or ability.

Reaction Score
Cox D against top teams/players

Nelson Ododa, Uconn, 0-8, 6 rebs, 0 pts
Holmes, Texas, 2-14, 7 rebs, 4 pts
Ejifor, WV, 0-1, 4 rebs, 0 pts

Since she missed 6 weeks not much additional data available but you get the idea. Offensive stats aren't the only basis for analysis of a player's value or ability.

Texas and West Virginia are top teams?

ONO definitely had an awful game against Baylor, but she's not exactly a dominant offensive player to begin with.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter it’s make little sense to have a conversation over a redundant topic when the results speak for themselves on the court. So I’m gone to leave you here on that note...
Then why do we have sportswriters to write about the results on the court following the games? Coverage of the games and players helps to build fan support and promote the game of WBB.

If you don't agree with the player rankings, either share your thoughts or don't comment on them. The fact that you posted about them initially indicates that you have a different opinion. Lots of opinions out there about players. I can't see all the games, so I appreciate reading the opinions of other fans about the top players.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Holmes? You mean maybe the most disappointing player in the country this year? You can find plenty of stinker stat lines for her in games not involving Baylor. 4-14 against mighty North Texas as one shining example! Ya know what I'm gonna keep going. 2-11 against Tennessee, 5-14 against Stanford, 3-9 against TCU, 2-10 against Kansas St., 4-12 against Oklahoma St., 2-9 against Texas Tech and 3-13 against Iowa St. I guess almost everyone has an interior defender as good as Cox if you are going to use Joyner Holmes as proof. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Holmes? You mean maybe the most disappointing player in the country this year? You can find plenty of stinker stat lines for her in games not involving Baylor. 4-14 against mighty North Texas as one shining example! Ya know what I'm gonna keep going. 2-11 against Tennessee, 5-14 against Stanford, 3-9 against TCU, 2-10 against Kansas St., 4-12 against Oklahoma St., 2-9 against Texas Tech and 3-13 against Iowa St. I guess almost everyone has an interior defender as good as Cox if you are going to use Joyner Holmes as proof. :rolleyes:

Well Holmes is on the Katrina McClain award top 10 watch list....:rolleyes:

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Mississippi State only top 12 team without a player there or on the just missed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well Holmes is on the Katrina McClain award top 10 watch list....:rolleyes:

Seriously? :oops: Those watch lists, somebody is really asleep at the wheel on those things.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom