Ranking the Top 20 traditional college basketball transfers | The Boneyard

Ranking the Top 20 traditional college basketball transfers

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin #6. FWIW 1 spot ahead of Landers Nolley, who many people on here said was the much better player to get.

Name: Tyrese Martin

Position: Wing

Years Remaining: Two

Schools Interested: Committed to Connecticut

Martin isn’t a great shooter, but he does everything else pretty well on the court. At 6-foot-6 and 215 pounds, he is a good athlete with size and toughness, and then also has the ability to be a very good defender.

As a sophomore at Rhode Island, Martin averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per contest and shot 43 percent from the floor. Because of his versatility and track record for success, Martin will have big expectations once he is eligible to play.

Reaction Score
I think someone already posted this one but might as well put it in the same thread. From ESPN. They have Nolley #1.

5. Tyrese Martin, 6-6, 205 pounds, SF, So., Rhode Island
Committed to UConn
Talented forward who crashes the offensive glass and has some perimeter touch picked UConn over Seton Hall, Oregon, Ole Miss and Georgia. Averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds.

Reaction Score
And from Goodman: Top Potential Sit-Out Transfers - Stadium

3) Tyrese Martin, 6-6, 205, G, Soph., URI
2019-20 stats:
12.8 ppg, 7.1 rpg
Scout’s take: “Talented and physical wing who made a huge jump from his freshman season. Competes, wants to win and someone that you want on your team.”

Nolley is #2
This board just criminally underrated Martin. I believe Nolley is slightly better at the moment. But that can change quickly

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This board just criminally underrated Martin. I believe Nolley is slightly better at the moment. But that can change quickly
now all the under raters are criminals
some folks have been caged up way too long ;)

Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin #6. FWIW 1 spot ahead of Landers Nolley, who many people on here said was the much better player to get.

Name: Tyrese Martin

Position: Wing

Years Remaining: Two

Schools Interested: Committed to Connecticut

Martin isn’t a great shooter, but he does everything else pretty well on the court. At 6-foot-6 and 215 pounds, he is a good athlete with size and toughness, and then also has the ability to be a very good defender.

As a sophomore at Rhode Island, Martin averaged 12.8 points and 7.1 rebounds per contest and shot 43 percent from the floor. Because of his versatility and track record for success, Martin will have big expectations once he is eligible to play.

Are you sure this is a ranking? I’m not disagreeing with them but it seems a little random. Like top 20 in no particular order. Basing that on who is #1 and some of the others on the bottom.

Reaction Score
Are you sure this is a ranking? I’m not disagreeing with them but it seems a little random. Like top 20 in no particular order. Basing that on who is #1 and some of the others on the bottom.
Robbins has been the top ranked transfer on almost every list I've seen and when he's not he's been top 3

Reaction Score
Robbins has been the top ranked transfer on almost every list I've seen and when he's not he's been top 3
I’m just surprised by some of the lower ones like Mitchell. It looks like a list of top 20 but doesn’t give individual rankings. Doesn’t matter much obviously just curious if I was the only one who read it that way.

Reaction Score
I’m just surprised by some of the lower ones like Mitchell. It looks like a list of top 20 but doesn’t give individual rankings. Doesn’t matter much obviously just curious if I was the only one who read it that way.
It was a bit different from some of the others but it was definitely a ranking

Reaction Score
Doesn't say exactly that it is a ranking but when the title is "Ranking the Top 20 traditional college basketball transfers" one would have to assume that it is indeed a ranking.

Reaction Score
Doesn't say exactly that it is a ranking but when the title is "Ranking the Top 20 traditional college basketball transfers" one would have to assume that it is indeed a ranking.
Yeah you’re right I didn’t read the title just the paragraph under it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If we miss on Sanogo I really like going small with like a Cole, Bouk, Jackson, Martin, Whaley look. We shouldn’t have trouble matching up like this against Big East comp. A lot has been discussed about us having an experienced team next year worth noting that none of those kids started for us at the beginning of last season, we’ll have 4-5 new players in our rotation, they may need time to gel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom