Ranking the Playas | The Boneyard

Ranking the Playas

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, we ranked all the UCONN players by position which some people had a problem with what position the players were. SOOO this time, let's just straight rank them. No positions necessary.

STILL based on UCONN career. 1-10, 1-20, 1-25 whatever you can do. I'll add up the top 20 (if we get enough votes).

Here's the players who are on the Wall to start with

Kerry Bascom, Rebecca Lobo, Jennifer Rizzotti, Kara Walters, Nykesha Sales, Svetlana Abrosimova, Shea Ralph, Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Diana Taurasi, Renee Montgomery, Tina Charles, Maya Moore, Bria Hartley, Stefanie Dolson, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson, Morgan Tuck, Katie Lou Samuelson, Napheesa Collier, Gabby Williams.

Non-Wall players you might want to consider

Tiffany Hayes, Kelly Faris, Kia Nurse, Jamelle Elliott, Tamika Williams, Ashja Jones, Ann Strother, Barbara Turner, Charde Houston, Kalana Greene, Jessica Moore, Kiah Stokes, Kelly Schumaker

Or anyone else you want.

Have a go.

Reaction Score
Ok! I'll go! Again we are only talking U Conn careers!
1) Brianna Stewart - there's only one ultimate goal each year and that's winning a national championship. She not only won all four she predicted it, then went out and did it. I think with very good casts but not the best casts ever.
2) Diana Taurasi - from the moment I first saw her play I never saw a female player like her. Won three NC's and literally carried two on her back herself.
3) Maya Moore - amazing that she could be #3 on any list. Based upon all around play one could choose any of these unbelievable THREE!!
4) Rebecca Lobo - without her probably none of this would have evolved as it has.
5) Kerry Bascom - sane could be said about her as Lobo.
6) Sue Bird - greatest point guard and leader of the ship. I personally while I think Moriah Jefferson became a great player at U Conn she's not at or close to Bird.
7) Here I step away from basing things on championships as she only has one and was fifth option until her injury in national semi-finals. Started much of freshman year. Jump as sophomore was huge becoming a much different and better player and AÀ. Junior year played essentially the whole season with injury to foot / ankle and was by many considered 2nd best player in country. She needs to help pull this current team to a NC which if accomplished might move her up to #4.
I think the best three to finish out a top ten list include three of the following four: Tina Charles, KML, MJ, Swin Cash.
Hard to choose next amongst: Walters, Sales, Svet, Stef and GW.
Amazing that I am now at #16 and others are still not named yet amongst those I didn't choose from the Wall, which I think consists of 22.
I'll stop now as its pulling hairs, which the whole list is after the first three.
Bronx23

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1) Breanna Stewart
2) Diana Taurasi
3) Maya Moore
4) Tina Charles
5) Sue Bird
6) Rebecca Lobo
7) Jennifer Rizzotti
8) Nykesha Sales
9) Moriah Jefferson
10) Kara Wolters
11) Kerry Bascom

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Come on peeps. 440+ views and only 3 rankings??? This is UCONN stuff. People complain about Song threads and OT stuff during the off season, wellllll here's your chance.

Reaction Score
1. Diana Taurasi
2. Breanna Stewart
3. Maya Moore
4. Sue Bird
5. Jennifer Rizzotti
6. Rebecca Lobo
7. Svetlana Abrosimova
8. Nykesha Sales
9. Tina Charles
10. Swin Cash
11. Shea Ralph
12. Kerry Bascom
13. Moriah Jefferson
14. Kara Walters
15. Katie Lou Samuelson
16. Stefanie Dolson
17. Renee Montgomery
18. Bria Hartley
19. Napheesa Collier
20. Gabby Williams

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart - As mentioned before threw the 4-spot out there and backed it up! Gotta stand for something!
Diana Taurasi - To this day Geno calls DT the "greatest WINNER ever in WBB!"
Maya Moore - She may be the 2nd greatest WINNER of all time in WBB!
Rebecca Lobo - The cornerstone of the building that got this whole program started! When she appeared on campus it made UCONN legit across the USA!
Sue Bird - Always found a way to win and wanted the pressure on her shoulders at crunch-time!
Tina Charles - Went from clueless to one of the best centers in the world!
Kerry Bascom - The other cornerstone of the building that got UCONN noticed nationally!
Jennifer Rizzotti - The "Little Engine that could"! The rest of the team was afraid to Pi-- her off and knew that they had to produce at all times!
Moriah Jefferson - Another with the 4 Championships and made herself a great offensive and defensive player!
Svetlana Abrosimova - One of the first truly multi talented players could do anything she wanted on the court, except maybe her defense according to Geno!
Nykesha Sales - PRECIOUS was tougher and more talented than her nickname!
Swin Cash - Had a quiet confidence that inspired her teammates!
Renee Montgomery - Became an extension of Geno's brain on the court! Her statement that she stopped being afraid of Geno and learned to love him brought him to tears!
Stefanie Dolson - Made herself over completely as a player and as a person! One of the best passing BIG GIRLS in UCONN history!
Gabby Williams - The best Natural Athlete to play at UCONN! Could do things to take your breath away!
Kara Wolters - Another girl that turned her life around by losing weight and driving herself to be the best she could be!
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis - One of the greatest shooters in the history of WBB not just at UCONN!
Kia Nurse - Never truly got credit for how important she was to UCONN WBB!
Bria Hartley - Another quiet player that her game spoke volumes for her!
Katie Lou Samuelson - Injuries have kept her from achieving truly amazing things!
Napheesa Collier - A quiet player who lets her game talk loud for her!
Morgan Tuck - Another girl that injuries robbed her of what she could have been!
Shea Ralph - The poster girl for robbed ability! She showed a level of player that was great but could have been even better if she had normal knees!
Kelly Faris - A coaches dream that through DESIRE not talent became the example of what UCONN WBB was all about!
Jamelle Elliott - She with Rizzotti were the spark plugs of that 1st championship team!
Tiffany Hayes - Her motor never slowed down!
Asjha Jones - May be the best player but under appreciated till her career was over!
Jessica Moore - was as tough as any UCONN player before or since!
Tamika Williams - Had her talents and maximized it to the fullest!
Barbara Turner - Another that played BIGGER than she was!
Kiah Stokes - Rates higher on her defense alone but had an offense she rarely showed!
Kelly Schumacher - Was a talented player overshadowed by her teammates! Had her moment of glory with a record 9 blocks in NCAA Final!
Kalana Greene - Another that was robbed of most of her talent by injuries!
Carolyn Doty - Another that was robbed of her talent by injuries!
Ann Strother - Should have been better but didn't like being the "go to player" on the team!
Charde Houston - The talent was there the desire to "bring it out" wasn't!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bump it up to see if we can get anymore before Friday. I'll put mine up then, so as not to influence anyone. ;)

Reaction Score
1. Diana... I struggle to figure out how anyone who saw what she did could come to any other conclusion. The GOAT at all levels. Her last two seasons were legendary.

2. Stewie...Only other player in the same conversation as Dee. 4 titles speaks for itself, but it doesn’t out rank DT because it’s likey the team wins a few of those without her.

3. Maya..

4. Tina

5. Sue

6. Lobo

7. Rizottti

8. Swin Cash

9. Moriah Jefferson

10. Nykeshia Sales

Reaction Score
KLS already has to be considered one of UConn’s great players. Going into her senior year, she’s already a two-time first team All-American and a two-time conference player of the year. Only four other UConn players have done that: Rebecca Lobo, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and Breanna Stewart. That’s pretty heady company. If KLS threepeats, then she would join Moore and Stewart as the only UConn players to do so. She’s well on her way to being one of the great UConn players of all time.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sorry was sick last week, never got back to this. Looks like not too many cared anyway. Strange you'd think talking about the players would generate some interest in the off season. Must be the new clientele here.

Anyway, here's your totals.

1. Breanna Stewart - 102
  2. Diana Taurasi - 101
  3. Maya Moore - 91
  4. Suzanne Bird - 76
  5. Tina Charles - 73
  6. Rebecca Lobo - 72
  7. Moriah Jefferson - 50
  8. Jen Rizzotti - 49
  9. Nykesha Sales - 46
  10. Svetlana Abrosimova - 41
  11. Kerry Bascom - 37