Ranking The Current Status Of Old Big East Teams | The Boneyard

Ranking The Current Status Of Old Big East Teams

Reaction Score
Eh, it's fair.

But it begs the question.

Would you rather have 3 NCAA appearances, or 2 appearances with a national championship?

Always surprising to see how much college basketball fans devalue national championships.

Reaction Score
Would you rather have 3 NCAA appearances, or 2 appearances with a national championship?

For me its about a 15 - 1 ratio (tournaments per 1 championship) and even then i'm not sure I would sell a championship memory.

Would anyone sell the 2014 championship to have stayed with the C7? I ask because there is no way we get those MSG games in 2014 if we were in the same league as Nova, and I doubt we win in 2014 without those games where the crowd was so important.

Last edited:

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Providence is praised and Cinci bashed for doing the same thing in March. Nothing. Also take issue with anyone calling Chris Mack an amazing coach. But the writer is a Big East guy, so no surprise.

Reaction Score
Well the ones without natties anyway.
Thats exactly why theyre so devalued by fans. How many named schools are there that havent won a title in the last 20 years? What is it like 10 schools have won all the national titles over the last 30 years?

Reaction Score
A few Big East teams really benafitted from the breakup. Providence is one. Instead of playing a quarter to half their league games against UConn, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia and the like they play a bunch of eh programs. So rather than struggling to get to the bubble they are a perennial 8 seed. Seton Hall is the same. Some others struggled to adapt like Georgetown. St John’s has always been a bigger name than a program. If they were located in Westchester instead of Queens they d be St Bonnie’s.

Reaction Score
Providence is praised and Cinci bashed for doing the same thing in March. Nothing. Also take issue with anyone calling Chris Mack an amazing coach. But the writer is a Big East guy, so no surprise.

Chris Mack isn't an amazing coach? I'd beg to differ.

Reaction Score
He surely isn't amazing in March

You're talking about someone who is one year removed from getting to the elite eight as an 11 seed. Sure, he's had a couple of really good teams that have lost in the round of 32, but that's the tournament. Ask Jay Wright. Perhaps he's not the 'best' March coach, but he's certainly not Mick Cronin or Tony Bennett. His teams come to play and when they lose it's to good teams on last minute shots.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Five national titles in the last 7 seasons

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not much to complain about here really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom