Ranking the best players that Uconn has knocked out of the tournament. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ranking the best players that Uconn has knocked out of the tournament.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Wasn't Rajon Rondo on the Kentucky team we beat in the second round in 2006 (a game nobody remembers for some reason)?
Yep, I remember since I attended that game in Philly.

Reaction Score
Derrick Williams should make it somewhere on that list above - he was a high pick, dominant that year, and did everything he could to beat us in the second half that game we played him.
Had a look from the corner to win it if I remember correctly

Reaction Score
I think the spirit of the question is guys who would go on to have distinguished careers.
So would Kim English count then?

In the 1990s we knocked out a bunch of bigs who played at least a few years in the NBA - Brian Grant, Adonal Foyle, Danny Fortson, Todd MacCullogh.

Reaction Score
Elden Campbell
Dale Davis
Eric Piatkowski
Brian Grant

Reaction Score
Elton Brand, Shane Battier, Corey Maggette, Trajon Langdon.
That team was stacked, 5 NBA players, including William Avery. plus Chris Carrawell, Chris Burgess, Nate James. Talent-wise that has to be the best team to be sent packing. 1999 - You always remember your first time. 77-74

Reaction Score
Julius Randle was pretty solid.
I just looked up Kentucky's roster from 2014. It had 7 future NBA players, all freshmen and sophomores.
Randle, Young, Aaron Harrison, Andrew Harrison, Cauley-Stein, Poythress, Johnson. I don't remember much about that team. As far as doing less with more, Squid may be better than Coach K.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Derrick Williams should make it somewhere on that list above - he was a high pick, dominant that year, and did everything he could to beat us in the second half that game we played him.

Williams might be the best player UConn ever beat on the night UConn beat him. He had a great game against UConn, and the Huskies won that game by Arizona’s second 3 point attempt being a hair off at the buzzer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom