Ranking, ratings Etc. After Week One. | The Boneyard

Ranking, ratings Etc. After Week One.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
Tuesday you get 4. Utah vs 21. Baylor.

Thursday you get 8. UConn vs 20. MD; as well as 2. IOwa vs Kansas St (Iowa lost by 1 to Kansas St last year)

Saturday 23. Illinois vs 11. ND

Reaction Score
Hate that the preseason ranking stopped our pursuit of UConn's 51 straight at #1. Idk that this group could keep winning long enough to get there, but would have been fun to see them try.

Reaction Score
Biggest takeaways from week 1.

1. UConn and LSU have a lot of worked to do. Shout out to NC State and Colorado for playing such great games.

2 On a related note, the Pac 12 and the ACC are looking really strong. ACC had a strong week with some great performances from Florida State, Duke, and NC State. Pac 12 is undefeated.

3. Welcome back superstars: it's so great to see Ayoka Lee, Paige Bueckers back after missing a full season. Both had ok first games but then looked great their second games. But it's good to see so many players back healthy. Sedona Prince has been balling. Ta'niya Latson looked explosive vs Tennessee, drove to the basket without fear all game. Dre'una Edwards played well in Baylor's opener.

4. South Carolina and Stanford are not missing a beat. It makes me uncomfortable when people say South Carolina is better than last year. They literally only lost one game and it took a once and a lifetime type of final four performance. But imo they are more fun to watch. Dawn has done a masterful job at minute distribution. Everyone talks about depth but they truly feel like the deepest team in the country. Stanford dominating Indiana was a bit surprising. I did think they would win just not like that. Mackenzie Holmes was like the 3rd best big on the floor yesterday. I think somewhat contrastingly, losing that senior class at Stanford of Jones, Beliebi, Prechtel, cleared up the rotation. And kiki was ready last year to make a big jump.

5. Any under the radar teams ppl have watched? Virginia seems off to a good start and three of their better players have not suited up yet. Oklahoma deserves a bit of love as they lost a very good senior class and had a tough injury to start the season but have not missed a beat.

Reaction Score
Biggest takeaways from week 1.

1. UConn and LSU have a lot of worked to do. Shout out to NC State and Colorado for playing such great games.

2 On a related note, the Pac 12 and the ACC are looking really strong. ACC had a strong week with some great performances from Florida State, Duke, and NC State. Pac 12 is undefeated.

3. Welcome back superstars: it's so great to see Ayoka Lee, Paige Bueckers back after missing a full season. Both had ok first games but then looked great their second games. But it's good to see so many players back healthy. Sedona Prince has been balling. Ta'niya Latson looked explosive vs Tennessee, drove to the basket without fear all game. Dre'una Edwards played well in Baylor's opener.

4. South Carolina and Stanford are not missing a beat. It makes me uncomfortable when people say South Carolina is better than last year. They literally only lost one game and it took a once and a lifetime type of final four performance. But imo they are more fun to watch. Dawn has done a masterful job at minute distribution. Everyone talks about depth but they truly feel like the deepest team in the country. Stanford dominating Indiana was a bit surprising. I did think they would win just not like that. Mackenzie Holmes was like the 3rd best big on the floor yesterday. I think somewhat contrastingly, losing that senior class at Stanford of Jones, Beliebi, Prechtel, cleared up the rotation. And kiki was ready last year to make a big jump.

5. Any under the radar teams ppl have watched? Virginia seems off to a good start and three of their better players have not suited up yet. Oklahoma deserves a bit of love as they lost a very good senior class and had a tough injury to start the season but have not missed a beat.

I think Maryland proved that you can get this South Carolina team to play perimeter first as there were a lot of possessions without post touches.

They were open shots though, so you'd expect them to go down.

But, any time you bring jump shooting more into the equation you are inviting more chaos.

I would imagine that Dawn will be working furiously to tighten the defense.

I don't think she's quite sold.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom