Ranking of QBs in the American.....hey, it's Friday...why not? | The Boneyard

Ranking of QBs in the American.....hey, it's Friday...why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but when you compare the TD/INT ratios, you can see why he's ranked where he is. I know our O-line has been pretty awful, but sometimes that means you take the sack rather than making a risky throw which can cost you a possession, field position, and even points.

With any luck another year of experience will give him better decision-making skills. Otherwise, hopefully somebody challenges him (though based on what I saw on the Spring Game, not sure how likely that is.)

Reaction Score
Wow. Even Garett Gilbert is ranked ahead. At least defense has had a strong tradition.

Reaction Score
A bad O-line would make Tom Brady look bad. Not all on them as his decision making is shaky at times, but the O-line was that bad last year. I was also amazed at how many time he missed a target the size of Ryan Griffin last season, but if you expect the line to collapse at any moment it is hard to be accurate.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I'm fine if they wanna put him at 8 due to numbers but their write up on him is weak. I think he can have a good arm if given the ability to step up in the pocket and make a pass. If the O-Line blows again this year Whitmer's in trouble. However, he was showing more confidence in staying in the pocket longer as the season wore on. Then he got a concussion and that was that. I think he can be a solid QB and I think calling him "limited" is just a wrong description.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about the Memphis and Houston QB's ranked ahead of Whitmer. But I personally think he and Nova are a toss up. Middle of the pack conference QB's. Both have a high upside.

Reaction Score
I know nothing about the Memphis and Houston QB's ranked ahead of Whitmer. But I personally think he and Nova are a toss up. Middle of the pack conference QB's. Both have a high upside.

Both look the part in low pressure situations, it's making everything click while under pressure that's the hard part.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I think they were a bit harsh on Whitmer. Scheme and OL played a big part in his struggles. I saw potential.

But....who cares...hopefully he is underestimated by MD and MI also and he will go all KEA and shock the world.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think they were a bit harsh on Whitmer. Scheme and OL played a big part in his struggles. I saw potential.

But....who cares...hopefully he is underestimated by MD and MI also and he will go all KEA and shock the world.

I saw potential too, but too many turnovers.

Reaction Score
A bad O-line would make Tom Brady look bad. Not all on them as his decision making is shaky at times, but the O-line was that bad last year. I was also amazed at how many time he missed a target the size of Ryan Griffin last season, but if you expect the line to collapse at any moment it is hard to be accurate.

I don't see how O-line is totally responsible. At the end of the day, you make the choice to throw the ball, take the sack, scramble, etc. The O-line can't make you throw picks. He had the same problem in JUCO.

I think the O-line didn't help at all, but to some extent, if you're the leader of the offense and you're the guy who runs the show, some of it is on you, too, and he made some pretty questionable decisions with the ball last year.

Reaction Score
I don't see how O-line is totally responsible. At the end of the day, you make the choice to throw the ball, take the sack, scramble, etc. The O-line can't make you throw picks. He had the same problem in JUCO.

I think the O-line didn't help at all, but to some extent, if you're the leader of the offense and you're the guy who runs the show, some of it is on you, too, and he made some pretty questionable decisions with the ball last year.
The O-line makes all the difference, but as I said it is not all on them.

Reaction Score
Of All the qb's on the list he is the only one who threw more ints's then td's.

Reaction Score
One has to wonder if Weist rolls Whitmer out more often to give him some protection. Another concussion and it won't matter if the OL can block.

Roll outs and bubble screens might keep him in the game longer.

An offense with creativity. One can dream.

Reaction Score
One has to wonder if Weist rolls Whitmer out more often to give him some protection. Another concussion and it won't matter if the OL can block.

Roll outs and bubble screens might keep him in the game longer.

An offense with creativity. One can dream.

I thought we would see more rollouts the entire second half of the season. I guess those plays were used to wallpaper a room GDL doesn't often visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom