Ranking Monday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ranking Monday

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
CBSSports.com has UConn #15 (before today's games though).

UConn is 12-7 in the first two quadrants with victories over Auburn and Marquette. The Huskies' next game is Sunday at Georgetown.

I guess Gary Parrish wasn't too impressed with UConn's win over Villanova. :)

Parrish was very enthusiastic about UConn on CBS Sports Channel after the game. He mentioned Huskies as his top pick to make the Final Four from among those not currently in the top 16.

Reaction Score
Last week Arkansas vaulted up 5 spots from 23 to 18, and they beat the #16 seed in Tennessee at the time, at home. I don’t see any way we don’t jump up at least 3-4 spots this week with that win over #8 Villanova, we deserve to be a top 15 team the way we are playing. We shall see.
The problem is nobody lost between basically number 11 to number 20. Hence we don’t move up much. In a normal week with normal losses I think we would be in the 14/15 range for the ranking but nobody really lost except for like one team in that range other than the top 10 and they’re not dropping them below us

Reaction Score
The problem is nobody lost between basically number 11 to number 20. Hence we don’t move up much. In a normal week with normal losses I think we would be in the 14/15 range for the ranking but nobody really lost except for like one team in that range other than the top 10 and they’re not dropping them below us
Fair point, but like auror said above, this could be an adjustment week for us like it was for Arkansas last week. Realistically we were higher earlier in the season and then we had our covid pause which knocked us down after losing to seton hall and again during the 2 game skid vs Creighton and xavier. Just because everyone won ahead of us, doesn’t mean we can’t leap those teams if we have a bigger win then they do, and are on a win streak, and people see us as back and deserving of a higher seed.

Reaction Score
Parrish was very enthusiastic about UConn on CBS Sports Channel after the game. He mentioned Huskies as his top pick to make the Final Four from among those not currently in the top 16.
I know. But he has our 2 best wins being Auburn and Marquette. Don't you think he should mention Villanova in there? That's what I thought was strange.

Reaction Score
I know. But he has our 2 best wins being Auburn and Marquette. Don't you think he should mention Villanova in there? That's what I thought was strange.
he honestly probably just drags and drops the teams around and just updates the records and sometimes forgets about the blurbs. I wouldn't read too much into it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
still think they end up 17th and 18th in the other poll

Reaction Score
15. Most voters don't get to see a lot of the teams play. There were a lot of eyeballs on the Villanova game on Tuesday and I think that will have a big impact.

Reaction Score
Just win on Wednesday.
Al Davis Nfl GIF by Las Vegas Raiders

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23