Ranking Monday | The Boneyard

Ranking Monday

Reaction Score
hoping to use this thread to watch teams lose that would help move us up the rankings Monday if we can finish the week vs Georgetown. #15 Illinois goes down to #22 Ohio state, that helps. And ucla down to Oregon makes things interesting. Saturday a big moving day.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Pump those brakes my dude, we have a big game on Saturday.

coffee starbucks GIF

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Why do people forget we don’t actually play the games? We can talk about it. And OP said to track games, not give your ranking now.

WE don’t have to focus on GTown. The players do. It’s okay to look ahead as fans

Screw with the mojo at your own peril. That’s all I can say.

But your peril becomes a collective peril if we lose.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Screw with the mojo at your own peril. That’s all I can say.

But your peril becomes a collective peril if we lose.
Exactly.

Best case in point is the 2011 women's board. That team had Maya as a senior and it would have required an act of God to derail them. We were running on Makers Muppet mojo and even offered to share. In their hubris they laughed at the mojo. They mocked the mojo and in the end the mojo but them in the .

If they had merely a reasonable amount of respect for the mojo we would currently have three double championships instead of two.

Reaction Score
Hard to say this early because ranked teams need to lose for us to move up.

But if we beat Georgetown by double digits, and a couple of the teams ahead of us lose (someone always does) I would expect us to slot in somewhere around #17

Reaction Score
Hard to say this early because ranked teams need to lose for us to move up.

But if we beat Georgetown by double digits, and a couple of the teams ahead of us lose (someone always does) I would expect us to slot in somewhere around #17
I’d think Illinois would drop below us now. Don’t think UCLA drops enough for us to pass them

Reaction Score
There is an entire weekend of games, how is this even a question at this point.

Reaction Score
If we beat Georgetown, I would expect to be up into the #16-18 range, depending on who else loses this weekend.

If we lose to Georgetown, probably will tread water or maybe drop a spot, #21-23 range.

Reaction Score
There is an entire weekend of games, how is this even a question at this point.
To reiterate - was hoping we could use this thread to track games this weekend that could impact our ranking Monday, and assumes (mojo I know) we don’t fall into the Georgetown trap game Sunday.

Reaction Score
Way too many teams slightly ahead or behind of us had big wins this week. We're firmly in the top 20 and #5 seed, but not much higher than that. That said, there's a pretty big gap behind us and at this point it would take at least 2 losses to drop us to the #6 line.

Reaction Score
I'll go 18, we should pass Texas, Murray State, Illinois and don't think Ohio State or St Mary's did enough to jump us

Reaction Score
I'll go 18, we should pass Texas, Murray State, Illinois and don't think Ohio State or St Mary's did enough to jump us
Don't think voters will agree that we should pass Texas or Murray State. Texas won 2 games in the toughest conference in the country and Murray St blew out their rival by 30. We beat a very good team at home and a very bad team on the road.

Reaction Score
Don't think voters will agree that we should pass Texas or Murray State. Texas won 2 games in the toughest conference in the country and Murray St blew out their rival by 30. We beat a very good team at home and a very bad team on the road.
You may be right, I probably don't give the voters enough credit

Reaction Score
Im too old to constantly jump on and off the bandwagon. Instead I find a comfortable seat in a quiet corner and let the pendulum that is the season play itself out.
This going from great to bums is tiring .
It’s probably the most talent we had in quite some time probably better overall than. 2014. But that group was a tight nit team forged in adversity with a chip on its shoulder.They also had the right pieces and multiple shooting options.
This team has been a little more disjointed but that magic could still happen. Sit back an see what happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom