Ranking Big East non-conference games | The Boneyard

Ranking Big East non-conference games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ranking the Big East non-conference games from most likely win to least likely win for the Big East:

Win:

1) UConn at Vanderbilt - Vanderbilt is going to be terrible this year. If UConn loses this game, it is going to be a long year.

Probable Win:

2) Iowa State at UConn - Iowa State is not very good at all.

3) West Virginia at Maryland - Maryland will be decent this year, but WVU could be really good.

4) Miami at South Florida - I can't think of a team in college football that is as consistently overrated as Miami.

5) Wake Forest at Syracuse - Wake is better than last year, but still pretty bad. Syracuse may have graduated to mediocre.

6) Utah at Pitt - game could be a tossup, but Utah is a little down this year, and Pitt is at home.

Tossup:

7) Notre Dame at Pitt - this is a Pitt-lean tossup. Pitt is better than ND, and is at home, but Wanny usually lost games like this. We shall see how Graham does.

8) LSU at WVU - pure tossup game. Some of the LSU players are gone for good with this brawl, and WVU almost beat LSU last year. Will be a huge game for the conference.

9) Louisville at UNC - UNC is not as good as they were just a few months ago. Game could go either way.

10) Rutgers at UNC - Like the game above, I would have put this down as a probable or likely loss a few months ago, but UNC is in disarray.

11) South Florida at Notre Dame - The ridiculous 10 point spread notwithstanding, I think these two teams are very close. Should be one of the best games of the weekend.

Probable Loss:

12) Pitt at Iowa - Pitt has a shot in this game, but Iowa should be really good.

13) Louisville at Kentucky - Kentucky is going to be pretty good this year.

14) Cincinnati at Tennessee - This game comes down to how good you think Cincinnati will be. I don't think they will be good at all. Tennessee is mediocre, but is good enough to roll over the Bearcats easily.

Loss:

15) NC State at Cincinnati - NC State is a much better team than Cincinnati in my opinion.

16) Syracuse at USC - this will be ugly

Reaction Score
USF at Notre Dame and WVU hosting LSU are must wins if the BE is to put aside the weak conference claims. If the two teams most mentioned as BE champs win these then the critics won't pile on.

Reaction Score
4) Miami at South Florida - I can't think of a team in college football that is as consistently overrated as Miami.

I would have to rank Miami just behind Notre Dame in the overrated rankings, though it is close.

WVU is improved over last year and the LSU game is at home. I think WVI wins a big game for the BE.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling Cinci is going to be much improved this year, and would put their game at home v. NCSU in the "toss up" category (especially since Russell Wilson is no longer under center for the 'Pack). If they had UT at home this year I would have moved it to probable win, but being that it's in Knoxville will make it a tough out.

Collaros, Pead, Wood (that sounds painful) make for a pretty dangerous offense. Second year w/ Jones at the helm, I think they will be better.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Neither Louisville nor Syracuse are beating anyone halfway decent in the non-conference. Both look pretty bad.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

I would have to rank Miami just behind Notre Dame in the overrated rankings, though it is close.

WVU is improved over last year and the LSU game is at home. I think WVI wins a big game for the BE.

The Irish did throttle Miami in a bowl last year, to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom