Ranking AAC Football Unis | The Boneyard

Ranking AAC Football Unis

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Thought I'd do this for fun...you post your rankings and we can debate:

12) ECU--the logo looks really amateur, number and letter font is strange. Brutal unis.
11) Memphis--the tiger stripe helmets are atrocious
10) UCF--another really bad logo
9) Cincinnati--not much to say here, just totally unremarkable
8) UConn--not awful jerseys, but nothing remarkable about them and the red stripe on the shoulder sort of looks like a pepsi can to me. the helmets leave a lot to be desired
7) Temple--not a big fan of the weird print on the shoulder pads, but the cherry red is a great color
6) Tulsa--classic unis. nothing amazing, but they keep it pretty traditional
5) USF--some strange combos, but love the gold helmets
4) Tulane--absolutely love the new (or retro, really) helmet logo. I'd put them at #3, but their jerseys aren't great--the Tulane letters are so small on them, and they just look very generic
3) Houston--great red color, simple but sleek jerseys
2) Navy--one of the all time classics; great, timeless uniforms
1) SMU--close between them and Navy, but their uniforms are beautiful...love the white helmets with the red pony combined with the royal blue jerseys

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I think Tulsa has awesome helmets. I think their uniforms are pretty lacking though.
12) Temple
11) ECU
10) UConn
9) Tulane (Angry Wave logo is sick though)
8) Houston
7) Tulsa
6) USF
5) Memphis
4) Cincinnati
3) UCF
2) SMU
1) Navy

Reaction Score
Thought I'd do this for fun...you post your rankings and we can debate:

12) ECU--the logo looks really amateur, number and letter font is strange. Brutal unis.
11) Memphis--the tiger stripe helmets are atrocious
10) UCF--another really bad logo
9) Cincinnati--not much to say here, just totally unremarkable
8) UConn--not awful jerseys, but nothing remarkable about them and the red stripe on the shoulder sort of looks like a pepsi can to me. the helmets leave a lot to be desired
7) Temple--not a big fan of the weird print on the shoulder pads, but the cherry red is a great color
6) Tulsa--classic unis. nothing amazing, but they keep it pretty traditional
5) USF--some strange combos, but love the gold helmets
4) Tulane--absolutely love the new (or retro, really) helmet logo. I'd put them at #3, but their jerseys aren't great--the Tulane letters are so small on them, and they just look very generic
3) Houston--great red color, simple but sleek jerseys
2) Navy--one of the all time classics; great, timeless uniforms
1) SMU--close between them and Navy, but their uniforms are beautiful...love the white helmets with the red pony combined with the royal blue jerseys

This 2017 AAC helmet ranking by hero sports has ECU's pirate logo as #1. I always thought ECU had a cool logo and uniforms. They also gave a decent rank to UCONN'S helmet.

College Football: Ranking All 12 AAC Football Helmets

This Athlonn review from 2013 had UCONN'S uniforms ranked #1

Ranking the American Athletic Conference's 2013 Football Uniforms

Reaction Score
@Jimmy Serrano probably has a running list going that he can contribute to this thread with.

I’m too busy crunching the numbers projecting if we’ll have the 75th or 78th ranked recruiting class in 2019. Gonna depend upon whether we get a couple of unranked diamonds in the rough with good burst and a high motor.

Will get to the uni’s shortly when I have time. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
I thought the whole uniform modification and logo modificaiton was to make us look fearcer and appeal to more recruits...I'm not a big fan of our uniforms and seems most of the Boneyard feels the same.

Reaction Score
I thought the whole uniform modification and logo modificaiton was to make us look fearcer and appeal to more recruits...I'm not a big fan of our uniforms and seems most of the Boneyard feels the same.

I just can’t stand the red in our uniforms. The grey alternative unis are sweet and appealing to recruits. But when you only wear them once a year it’s not “cool.” I can go on but let’s be real... winning is more appealing than anything else.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom