Ranked matchups | The Boneyard

Ranked matchups

Reaction Score
11 games this month between 2 ranked teams -- Syracuse in 4 of them! DePaul in 3
  • 11/10, # 3 Oregon def #18 Syracuse
  • 11/11, # 4 Baylor def #23 Ariz St
  • 11/14, #20 TAMU ..... v #18 Syracuse @ White Plains
  • 11/17, # 1 N Dame ... @ #15 DePaul
  • 11/18, # 9 Maryland . @ #10 So Carolina - 530 pm, ESPN
  • 11/23, # 5 Louisville v #22 Ariz St @ Las Vegas
  • 11/24, #14 Georgia .. v # 9 Maryland @ Puerto Rico
  • 11/24, #15 DePaul ... v #18 Syracuse @ Cancun
  • 11/28, #15 DePaul ... @ # 2 UConn - 7 pm, ESPN3
  • 11/29, #18 Syracuse . @ #25 Minnesota
  • 11/29, #13 Iowa ..... @ # 1 ND - 7 pm, ESPN2

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There are probably more from the various tournaments. Assuming that Notre Dame defeats Gonzaga (11/22) and the RutgersDrake winner (11/23) in the first 2 rounds, they will likely face the winner of Oregon State vs, South Carolina from the opposite side of the bracket on 11/24 in the Vancouver Showcase.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does any know why TA&M and Syracuse are playing in White Plains, NY?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Does any know why TA&M and Syracuse are playing in White Plains, NY?
"The game will kick off ‘Cuse in the City Week as the first of four Syracuse Athletics events scheduled for the Metropolitan New York Area in November.
After the women’s basketball game on November 14, the men’s basketball team will play in the 2K Classic benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project at Madison Square Garden on November 15 and 16. The Orange football team will conclude ‘Cuse in the City Week on November 17 playing Notre Dame in Yankee Stadium.
"
https://www.localsyr.com/amp/news/syracuse-wbb-to-play-texas-a-m-in-two-game-series/

Reaction Score
Will likely see at least two more matchups with South Carolina/Oregon State and the winner of that game vs. Notre Dame being the other as mentioned above.

Mississippi State begins the rougher slate of their schedule in December I believe, playing Marquette, Texas, and Oregon in a 4-game stretch. I’m interested to seeing how they fare vs. the ranked teams.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
"The game will kick off ‘Cuse in the City Week as the first of four Syracuse Athletics events scheduled for the Metropolitan New York Area in November.
After the women’s basketball game on November 14, the men’s basketball team will play in the 2K Classic benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project at Madison Square Garden on November 15 and 16. The Orange football team will conclude ‘Cuse in the City Week on November 17 playing Notre Dame in Yankee Stadium.
"
https://www.localsyr.com/amp/news/syracuse-wbb-to-play-texas-a-m-in-two-game-series/
Oh, woof. Syracuse has this idea they are the "college team" of NYC. They aren't, because the truth of the matter is that NYC is pro oriented and then so many folks are fans of whatever "their" team is - St. John's, Rutgers, numerous smaller colleges . . . and yes, Syracuse fans. But there are Michigan and Penn State fans, and lots of Notre Dame fans and even UConn fans, and . . . Just woof.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Oh, woof. Syracuse has this idea they are the "college team" of NYC. They aren't, because the truth of the matter is that NYC is pro oriented and then so many folks are fans of whatever "their" team is - St. John's, Rutgers, numerous smaller colleges . . . and yes, Syracuse fans. But there are Michigan and Penn State fans, and lots of Notre Dame fans and even UConn fans, and . . . Just woof.
I beg to differ. When the Big East was still around and the MBB tournament was held every year at the Garden, Syracuse had a tremendous advantage as their fans would pack the arena, even more so than St. John’s.

With the Big East gone and Syracuse now playing in the ACC, their NYC support may have dropped off some, but there are still a lot of Syracuse supporters in and around the City.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does it feel like there's a real dearth of marquee matchups in this year's nonconference schedule?

Aside from the potential matchups in the Thanksgiving tournaments, the only November game between top-10 teams is #9 Maryland vs. #10 South Carolina.

December has a stronger lineup, led by UConn's showdown with Notre Dame, but I could use a little more early juice to get excited about this young season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does it feel like there's a real dearth of marquee matchups in this year's nonconference schedule?

Aside from the potential matchups in the Thanksgiving tournaments, the only November game between top-10 teams is #9 Maryland vs. #10 South Carolina.

December has a stronger lineup, led by UConn's showdown with Notre Dame, but I could use a little more early juice to get excited about this young season.
For OOC games, I believe there are only 3 top 10 teams that play more than 1 other top 10 team (UConn, Baylor & SC).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom