Rank the Big East through Week 4 | The Boneyard

Rank the Big East through Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Revising my preseason rankings:

1) WVU - 10-2, 6-1 - making too many mistakes to beat teams like LSU right now, but that defense is still pretty green and will get better.

2) USF - 10-2, 5-2 - very good team. I am not sold on Daniels yet.

3) Cincinnati - 8-4, 4-3 - I just flat out got this team wrong before the season started. I thought they would suck, and they are looking very good. I think Jones is still a little bit of a choker, but Collaros is excellent and the defense is getting better every week.

4) Pitt - 6-6, 4-3 - Sunsieri is the wrong QB for this system, but there is enough talent for Pitt to hang with most teams. Absolutely terrible at closing games out though, and that goes to the coach.

5) Rutgers - 7-5, 3-4 - Dodd is not a bad QB and the OLine is better than I expected. Sanu is probably the best playmaker in the Big East. Overall, team is still just average.

5) UConn - 6-6, 3-4 - I think I had UConn pegged right with my 9-3/4-3 prediction, but Iowa State, Vanderbilt and a few of the Big East teams were better than I expected.

7) Louisville - 5-7, 2-5 - Nice win over Kentucky, and this team will be good eventually. Incredibly young though and prone to big mistakes.

8) Syracuse - 4-8, 1-6 - Toledo game officiating mistake was an embarrassment to the Big East. I don't know how they beat Wake Forest, and I watched the whole game. Syracuse could have lost every game they played this year, including URI. This team has MAC level talent.

If TCU and Houston were in this league right now, both would be higher than Pitt.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What exactly has Cincinnati done that is so impressive? Akron might be the worst FBS team in the country and Austin Peay is one of the worst FCS teams in the country. They blew out a pathetic NC State team that already had lost to a pretty bad Wake team.

The one time Cinci had to play a team with a pulse they got drilled by 3 touchdowns.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
I would rank us lower than any team that has beaten a BCS team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
I would definitely put us at the bottom at this point. But the great thing is, we are 0-0 in the Big East. Anything can happen.

Reaction Score
UC.......not too good right now......I see a few BE QBs having a field day ........and UConn laying a couple of goose eggs against BE competition. If we struggle next week against WMU like we did against Buffalo, I'll say a lot of prayers.....hopes it helps
Watching our performance I don't think we have to worry about Boston College throwing a roadblock to our entrance into the ACC.........poor on field performance will garner enough no votes in itself.

Reaction Score
1. USF: What more can they do?
2. WVU: Tough loss against LSU, but I suspect there are very, very few teams who can hang with LSU at this point.
3. Pittsburgh: A win over ND would've been nice, but luckily the BE is pretty terrible.
4. Cincinnati: Haven't beaten anybody great, but haven't looked terrible, either.
5. Syracuse: They continue to look for creative ways to blow leads, but they do have a knack for not QUITE losing.
6. Rutgers: Need to show something more
7. UConn: Hey, at least we beat our FCS opponent?
8. Louisville: Win over Kentucky was anything but convincing

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
1-ecu
2-ucf
3-south miss
4-del
5-uri
6-tulane
7-memphis
8-umass