Randy spoiled us as a fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i dont think UCONN athletic dept mgmt can learn from their comedy of error

coaches with a heritage from the nation known as the boot should never be hired

those type of coaches need the boot in dee a

Reaction Score
It's funny, it was widely accepted that Edsall left because he felt that he had brought UConn as far as we could go as a program. But if he had stayed in 2011 instead of jumping ship, we're probably in a power conference right now.

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
But if he had stayed in 2011 instead of jumping ship, we're probably in a power conference right now.
No. I don't think so, the stone was cast when the catholic schools screwed over the rest of the Big East members. And also the lack of recognition that in the end money ie: Football is what matters today no matter how great you try to make your basketball league to compensate.

Reaction Score
It's funny, it was widely accepted that Edsall left because he felt that he had brought UConn as far as we could go as a program. But if he had stayed in 2011 instead of jumping ship, we're probably in a power conference right now.

He's in a power conference now - how's he doing? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
i dont think UCONN athletic dept mgmt can learn from their comedy of error

coaches with a heritage from the nation known as the boot should never be hired

those type of coaches need the boot in dee a

What am I missing here?

Reaction Score
Well he took his team from the ACC to the Big Ten and if he beats Rutgers he's 8-4. That seems pretty good in a season where they upgrades conferences.

Edsall tightned up Maryland's program especially w/r/t academics. He has a shot at a 9-4 finish in the Terps' inagural Big Ten season, which is a good season. Oh, and Maryland just announced its new indoor practice facility: http://colefieldhouse.umd.edu/world-class-athletics/.

Randy's doing OK enough to have earned an extension from Maryland, imho. It'll be interesting seeing how he recruits armed with B1G membership, a new deal, and arguably one of the best football performance centers in the country.

Reaction Score
bingethinker said:
Edsall tightned up Maryland's program especially w/r/t academics. He has a shot at a 9-4 finish in the Terps' inagural Big Ten season, which is a good season. Oh, and Maryland just announced its new indoor practice facility: http://colefieldhouse.umd.edu/world-class-athletics/.

Randy's doing OK enough to have earned an extension from Maryland, imho. It'll be interesting seeing how he recruits armed with B1G membership, a new deal, and arguably one of the best football performance centers in the country.

He inherited a horrible group of leaders when he took over, led by their qb O'Brien. There was huge attrition, but slowly, it got better.

Reaction Score
He's in a power conference now - how's he doing? :rolleyes:

Right, but what I'm saying is he was wrong if he thought UConn couldn't have gone any further as a program. Edsall could've gotten us to a P5 conference (likely ACC) by just continuing to make bowl games for a couple more seasons. He does that, he ascends to the Jim Calhoun level of program builders.

I get that the pride of building a program doesn't mean the same thing to all people, it's just a shame to think about what might've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom