Randy left nothing,but PP is not the answer. | The Boneyard

Randy left nothing,but PP is not the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How bad does it need to get? For the Randy Apologistas, can you admit he couldn't recruit at a BCS level? For the HCPP fans that offense is more tired than he is.

Reaction Score
How bad does it need to get? For the Randy Apologistas, can you admit he couldn't recruit at a BCS level? For the HCPP fans that offense is more tired than he is.

Yes. He couldn't recruit at a BCS level. It was just dumb luck that his expansion teams won two BCS league championships and that he was sending as many players to the NFL the last few years as his conference peers.

Reaction Score

Absolutely. I mean, sure he won 2 big east championships and went to a bcs bowl, but man, he could not recruit at a BCS level. You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, re read what you wrote. You said Randy couldn't recruit at a BCS level, and the man won 2 big east championships. Or did he not recruit those players? Too funny.

Reaction Score
Give It up Biz. Randy sucked and so does Paul. The UConn offense sucks. Even you could catch some of those passes. Just say it's bad with the uConn offense. Save some cred.

Reaction Score
Give It up Biz. Randy sucked and so does Paul. The UConn offense sucks. Even you could catch some of those passes. Just say it's bad with the uConn offense. Save some cred.

Touchdown Husky's definition of sucking - 2 big east championships. Yep. Sucking. Your credibility is right around 0.

Reaction Score
Let's look at this year.

My bad. Thought you wrote "For the Randy Apologistas, can you admit he couldn't recruit at a BCS level?" Not sure what would have led me to reflect on prior seasons. My apologies.

Reaction Score
TDH = Attention seeking

Negative attention is even better.

Reaction Score
Who said our offense didn't suck today? Not me. You need to read what people write.

TDH, I think it was on the players today. As bad as Johnny Mac is, Isaiah Moore dropped four very catchable passes, Ryan dropped one, Kasheef dropped one or two, Nick Williams dropped a couple. Open passes. Catch those, and don't give up the opening run back, and we're in that game, maybe win it. If you're talking about the players when you say the offense sucks, I guess I'm with you at least for today. One and two stars drop balls. Four stars don't. But the offense as a system produced a lot of open receivers and plays. The players, to quote Randy, did not execute. How can you blame any of that on PP?

Reaction Score
OK my bad the offense is good. Gotta be cuz the Biz legion says so and it must be that I missed all the scoring . . . Again. I've done that a few times this year. Sorry Biz.

Reaction Score
Absolutely. I mean, sure he won 2 big east championships and went to a bcs bowl, but man, he could not recruit at a BCS level. You have no idea what you are talking about. Seriously, re read what you wrote. You said Randy couldn't recruit at a BCS level, and the man won 2 big east championships. Or did he not recruit those players? Too funny.

HS, you may be technically correct, TDH is more correct in the real world. I think TDH is implying that the Big East is not really at a BCS level, at least last year, and there are many, many out there who see it that way too. I'm not sure I don't. Yes I get that we are in a BCS league, at least for now. But maybe TDH was saying that Randy could not recruit at a BCS championship level in any other BCS conference except the Big East, which may not be a BCS conference after the next cycle. Uconn would not have been in a BCS bowl coming out of any other conference last year, including the Mountain West.

Reaction Score
HS, you may be technically correct, TDH is more correct in the real world. I think TDH is implying that the Big East is not really at a BCS level, at least last year, and there are many, many out there who see it that way too. I'm not sure I don't. Yes I get that we are in a BCS league, at least for now. But maybe TDH was saying that Randy could not recruit at a BCS championship level in any other BCS conference except the Big East, which may not be a BCS conference after the next cycle. Uconn would not have been in a BCS bowl coming out of any other conferencelast year, including the Mountain West.

+ 1000

Reaction Score
Yes. He couldn't recruit at a BCS level. It was just dumb luck that his expansion teams won two BCS league championships and that he was sending as many players to the NFL the last few years as his conference peers.

Tied for two championships with 25% and 37.5% of the league. Now if he had won in a real league like the ACC where only 8.5% of the league can win the championship, that would have been something. Since he's a BCS recruiter at the sleepy school in Storrs he should be a terror at a real football power like Maryland.

Reaction Score
HS, you may be technically correct, TDH is more correct in the real world. I think TDH is implying that the Big East is not really at a BCS level, at least last year, and there are many, many out there who see it that way too. I'm not sure I don't. Yes I get that we are in a BCS league, at least for now. But maybe TDH was saying that Randy could not recruit at a BCS championship level in any other BCS conference except the Big East, which may not be a BCS conference after the next cycle. Uconn would not have been in a BCS bowl coming out of any other conference last year, including the Mountain West.

Ah, but that is the problem in TDH's reasoning (or complete lack therof). Randy was a great talent evaluator and that resulted in 2 Big East Championships. Even if you want to buy into his argument that the Big East was subpar, shouldn't we see how his recruiting classes turn out in the ACC? Or will he then argue that the ACC is not to the SEC level. Randy Edsall was not without faults, securing a serviceable qb after Dan O left was one of them, but he was a very good coach here. Why some people can't admit it is beyond me.

Reaction Score
Tied for two championships with 25% and 37.5% of the league. Now if he had won in a real league like the ACC where only 8.5% of the league can win the championship, that would have been something. Since he's a BCS recruiter at the sleepy school in Storrs he should be a terror at a real football power like Maryland.

Those championships don't count? Just curious. And I think he will recruit very well at Maryland. But we won't know that for a couple of years when his recruiting classes actually play.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but if you watched todays game and the first person you can think of to blame is Randy Edsall, you might want to seek counseling.

Reaction Score
Ah, but that is the problem in TDH's reasoning (or complete lack therof). Randy was a great talent evaluator and that resulted in 2 Big East Championships. Even if you want to buy into his argument that the Big East was subpar, shouldn't we see how his recruiting classes turn out in the ACC? Or will he then argue that the ACC is not to the SEC level. Randy Edsall was not without faults, securing a serviceable qb after Dan O left was one of them, but he was a very good coach here. Why some people can't admit it is beyond me.
I think RE was a good coach. I also acknowledge that it would not have been easy to recruit to Uconn. But holy cow, the complete lack of skill players on this offense is really remarkable. Remarkable is the only word. We would not win the MAC this year. We struggled against Buffalo. Our defense is clearly a good BCS defense. But offense? Every skill player in the country was advised to steer clear of Uconn the last few years. Even with Donald Brown and Jordan Todman, we couldn't recruit running backs. Never mind quarterbacks, who avoided this place like we had AIDS, and receivers. It's just remarkable.

Reaction Score
We are loaded at UConn. Why are't we winning? We have the right coach, all of Randy's terrific under-the-radars (no one cares who else did or didn't offer), all the best facilities, etc. So why are people getting upset, in PP we trust.

Reaction Score
Those championships don't count? Just curious. And I think he will recruit very well at Maryland. But we won't know that for a couple of years when his recruiting classes actually play.

spoken like a true apologista. Let's see how he does in a couple of years. Give him a few years to get "his guys". By the way "his guys" likely means guys with no other offers, just to be clear.

Reaction Score
I think RE was a good coach. I also acknowledge that it would not have been easy to recruit to Uconn. But holy cow, the complete lack of skill players on this offense is really remarkable. Remarkable is the only word. We would not win the MAC this year. We struggled against Buffalo. Our defense is clearly a good BCS defense. But offense? Every skill player in the country was advised to steer clear of Uconn the last few years. Even with Donald Brown and Jordan Todman, we couldn't recruit running backs. Never mind quarterbacks, who avoided this place like we had AIDS, and receivers. It's just remarkable.

Randy is doing a great job coaching skill players at Maryland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom