Randy Edsall | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Edsall did many positive things things while he was at UConn. Those things shouldn't be totally dismissed and forgotten because he made one bad mistake at the end, but it was a classless way to leave. I don't begrudge anybody leaving a job for a better one, but when you're dealing with impressionable 18-22 year olds, tell them what's going on. Don't allow them to find out through the media.

Not meeting with the players before he left was not a cool move, no matter how difficult that meeting may have been for everyone involved. It's still the right thing to do.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Let me clarify some things here--the girlfriend is wrong. I did not 'go off' on Edsall as she claims. I just said I didn't particularly care for him. Respect that he brought the program up from nothing and how he supported the team after Jasper Howard's death. Did not appreciate how he parted. Get it right UCYamsMD!!

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Don't know enough about Diaco to have an opinion. My opinion on Edsall is from personal encounters and encounters that people I know have had with him.

Not sure if this is an appropriate story to tell or not, but when I was about thirteen Edsall's kid came over to play in my pool...my best friend was a friend of his. So we were throwing a football around in the pool when he loses his cool and whips the football into thick brush in the woods. I told him to go get it and he wouldn't go get my darn ball. Not a great first impression. From then on, even at my young age (I've had season tix since the Rent opened), I was a little skeptical of Randy.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Let me clarify some things here--the girlfriend is wrong. I did not 'go off' on Edsall as she claims. I just said I didn't particularly care for him. Respect that he brought the program up from nothing and how he supported the team after Jasper Howard's death. Did not appreciate how he parted. Get it right UCYamsMD!!

If I were you, I'd let her characterize your reaction in any way she sees fit. A girlfriend who will sit with you and watch multiple replays of old UCONN football games in their entirety is a keeper. Don't mess it up with this one. She's a gem! :cool:

Reaction Score
Ok so I'm an amateur on this thing. uconnphil2016 is my boyfriend. We were chillin out last night watching UConn victory over Notre Dame in 2009, great game. Randy Edsall made a choked up speech about how the win was for Jasper Howard. I said that seemed pretty sweet, and then uconnphil starts *going off* on me about Randy Edsall being a big doucher. He said I would only understand if broached the subject in the boneyard. Feel free to enlighten.
If the debate gets tough you can always remind him, how only being here since Sunday you already have 510 Trophy Points! ;) :D

Reaction Score
More to the point, has anyone seen uconnphil's girlfriend and Manti Te'o's girlfriend together? I bet not!

Only Phil, in his dreams. I would go further but this is a family board.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If I were you, I'd let her characterize your reaction in any way she sees fit. A girlfriend who will sit with you and watch multiple replays of old UCONN football games in their entirety is a keeper. Don't mess it up with this one. She's a gem! :cool:

She sat through THREE. UConn versus Houston from last year, UConn versus ND, and we watched the 2013 Iron Bowl with the insane missed field goal kick return finish. Pretty awesome.

Reaction Score
"I can't imagine anyone except Randy Edsall being the UConn coach."

Remember those posts?

Reaction Score
Edsall shepherded the program from division 1-AA through the uncertainty of the upgrade, through the actual 1-A upgrade and recruited and coached in the Big East conference culminating his UCONN head coaching career with a season that began by playing Michigan to a loss in September and finished with a New Years bowl game loss to Oklahoma. His overall record was 74-70 in 12 years.

Thats what happened, then he left for what he called a 'dream job'.

I'm comfortable assuming that Edsall believed he took the program as far as he was capable.

Diaco believes he can take the program further and farther (higher) down the road of championship success than Edsall did, and is working like hell to do it. He's hopefully going to break plus side of .500 in W/L by end of year 4.

Live in the now.

Reaction Score
Some are still bitter about it. A bitterness heightened, perhaps, by the fact that his successor drove the program into the ground.

Only people on message boards though. Not the actual people he "let down."

And still don't get why people bring up him having guys like Todman and Brown address the team. He did that to give them a chance to celebrate their accomplishment with the team, not some sort of punishment

Reaction Score
Edsall shepherded the program from division 1-AA through the uncertainty of the upgrade, through the actual 1-A upgrade and recruited and coached in the Big East conference culminating his UCONN head coaching career with a season that began by playing Michigan to a loss in September and finished with a New Years bowl game loss to Oklahoma. His overall record was 74-70 in 12 years.

Thats what happened, then he left for what he called a 'dream job'.

I'm comfortable assuming that Edsall believed he took the program as far as he was capable.

Diaco believes he can take the program further and farther (higher) down the road of championship success than Edsall did, and is working like hell to do it. He's hopefully going to break plus side of .500 in W/L by end of year 4.

Live in the now.
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

One day you will learn that she is always right and you are wrong. Just give up now

I've been married 13 years now and my wife finally gave in on season tickets this year. Why because I just nod and agree with her on many issues. Happy wife, happy wife....Learn it and live it ;)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You'd have liked to see him backup 2010 with a couple more years at the top of the BE. We had a bunch of NFL caliber guys still on the roster and the continuity may have enough to keep it going. RE would have been better off and we would likely be in the ACC.

RE didn't have confidence that could be done. Most of it could be Hathaway related, but we'll never know. I think if Warde and Herbst were in place he probably doesn't leave for a middling program like MD.

Reaction Score
One day you will learn that she is always right and you are wrong. Just give up now

I've been married 13 years now and my wife finally gave in on season tickets this year. Why because I just nod and agree with her on many issues. Happy wife, happy wife....Learn it and live it ;)

Of COURSE he can and should get season tickets. The mountain bike he posted OT about, not so sure....

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Edsall pulled a Parcells. He went to the big game knowing he was leaving and flew home on a separate plane.

Sleaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek