Randy Edsall will get UConn to a bowl game — this year (The Comeback) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall will get UConn to a bowl game — this year (The Comeback)

Reaction Score
I would wager heavily that none of the three you mentioned would have a shot at starting, much less put themselves in position to be drafted by an NFL team if moved to the offensive line. They just don't have the size.
Never said anything about those three with respect to the offensive line. Coyle is a DB, but could also be a receiver. Dixon could play anywhere in the backfield, offense or defense. Fortt is a true freshman and might end up a DB as well. I'll take that bet if it's, none of them start even one game all season. In that case I would wager heavily against you.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Never said anything about those three with respect to the offensive line. Coyle is a DB, but could also be a receiver. Dixon could play anywhere in the backfield, offense or defense. Fortt is a true freshman and might end up a DB as well. I'll take that bet if it's, none of them start even one game all season. In that case I would wager heavily against you.
The three I spoke about were spoken about in a reply solely about offensive linemen. Your reply took my statement completely out of context.

I never implied (not gave anyone reason to infer) that those three were the only members of our current roster worth wagering on as potential drafters. I am aware that we have talent and I know RE's track record (quite impressive) for developing DBs.

The post of mine that you (only partially) quoted was entirely about the offensive line. I don't know why you felt the need to call me out for not mentioning talent and potential outside of the offensive line.

Reaction Score
The three I spoke about were spoken about in a reply solely about offensive linemen. Your reply took my statement completely out of context.

I never implied (not gave anyone reason to infer) that those three were the only members of our current roster worth wagering on as potential drafters. I am aware that we have talent and I know RE's track record (quite impressive) for developing DBs.

The post of mine that you (only partially) quoted was entirely about the offensive line. I don't know why you felt the need to call me out for not mentioning talent and potential outside of the offensive line.
Sorry FfldCntyFan, didn't realize your original post was only dealing with offensive linemen, just glanced over it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Sorry FfldCntyFan, didn't realize your original post was only dealing with offensive linemen, just glanced over it.
No worries.

Sorry I responded as I did. I was ticked off at something else at the time I read the post and took it out on your response. That was wrong on my part.

Reaction Score
The way to a bowl game this year is for the offense to be unpredictable. Bobby red pants offense was way to predictable. Lashlees play calling at the spring game gave new hope and direction.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The way to a bowl game this year is for the offense to be unpredictable. Bobby red pants offense was way to predictable. Lashlees play calling at the spring game gave new hope and direction.

Wow- I just had a vision of an O with Edsall's trademark discipline and toughness combined with creative play calling. It made me smile.

Reaction Score
It could happen. UCF going bowling last year after 0-12 in 2015 shows the right coach and/or scheme can make an instant impact.

Coaching matters. I still believe that most of the programs in the 50-90 range have the roughly the same level of talent, and coaching makes the difference. It's possible, though, that the prior staff so depleted the talent on the roster that we're looking at a longer process.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Bobby might just as well have given every opponent his playbook before each game. There were only three plays in it. Run up the middle, run off tackle, throw an incomplete pass on a five yard pattern when you probably needed eight yards for the first down, and punt. Rinse and repeat.

Reaction Score
Bobby might just as well have given every opponent his playbook before each game. There were only three plays in it. Run up the middle, run off tackle, throw an incomplete pass on a five yard pattern when you probably needed eight yards for the first down, and punt. Rinse and repeat.
Playbooks are useless when you can't remember what down it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom