Randy Edsall: CR Prophet? | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall: CR Prophet?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When he left the first time many of us scratched our heads. UConn was a high rising program and Maryland was just kind of meh with similar if not identical records over the few years leading up to the switch. Both schools were in BCS conferences. His dream job? It was a lateral move at best. Hating his boss aside, it didn't make a lot of sense to us. Then next thing you know Maryland jumps from the ACC to the B1G and UConn is relegated to the American. Did he know what has coming? What does it mean now that he's back? Conspiracy kitty?

Reaction Score
When he left the first time many of us scratched our heads. UConn was a high rising program and Maryland was just kind of meh with similar if not identical records over the few years leading up to the switch. Both schools were in BCS conferences. His dream job? It was a lateral move at best. Hating his boss aside, it didn't make a lot of sense to us. Then next thing you know Maryland jumps from the ACC to the B1G and UConn is relegated to the American. Did he know what has coming? What does it mean now that he's back? Conspiracy kitty?
You've been reading too many HFD tweets.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You've been reading too many HFD tweets.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Can you really read too many HFD tweets? I think not.

In any event the return of HCRE means exactly what you think it means. Randy is alpha and omega of our G5 woes. He left and we driven to the depths of energy vampires and faux rivalries. He's back and we will now begin our assent to P5.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is where Randy will make the first difference re CR: fans in the seats. How many people are ready to come back just because Diaco is gone AND Randy is back? I bet attendance b4 THE MOVE would have been under 15K average. Now I think it will be about 28-30K average. P5 wants over 35K but this is a good start.

Reaction Score
For those of us who want to see UConn in the Big 10 or the ACC (more likely), Edsall's return should be considered a step in the right direction. Let's face it, until UConn is getting ranked in top 25 it may be a stretch to get into Power 5 conference. But Edsall can get us there. Diaco was sending us to bottom 25.

Reaction Score
For those of us who want to see UConn in the Big 10 or the ACC (more likely), Edsall's return should be considered a step in the right direction. Let's face it, until UConn is getting ranked in top 25 it may be a stretch to get into Power 5 conference. But Edsall can get us there. Diaco was sending us to bottom 25.
A*ses in the seats will also be a HUGE difference!

Reaction Score
We'd also be the only option I know of for a 6th women's hockey team to set up women's hockey the conference. ND du Lac will be #5.

Reaction Score
We'd also be the only option I know of for a 6th women's hockey team to set up women's hockey the conference. ND du Lac will be #5.

Uconn would also give the men's side an even 8 teams to go along with the recent addition of ND at 7. So many reasons The Huskies make sense in The B1G. I really hope that they can figure out a way around the biggest stumbling block, revenue dilution, to make a membership a reality. Uconn still brings a lot to the table for B1G IMO.

Good academics
Additional eastern media exposure
Great Basketball Tradition M/W
M/W Hockey
Improving Football
Improving facilities
Strong Olympic Sport tradition
Good fan/alumni support

I could see plenty of rivalries renewed and begun anew if the Huskies joined. Just in the East you would have Rutgers in Football and M/W Soccer. UMD in football, M/W basketball, and Olympics. Penn State in M/W hockey and Olympics. OSU in M/W Basketball and Olympics. UM in basketball and Olympics. IU in football, basketball, and Olympics. I really see you guys adding a lot. Especially if your W. BBall Team continues winning titles, as this conference loves to celebrate championships in every single sport.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Uconn would also give the men's side an even 8 teams to go along with the recent addition of ND at 7. So many reasons The Huskies make sense in The B1G. I really hope that they can figure out a way around the biggest stumbling block, revenue dilution, to make a membership a reality. Uconn still brings a lot to the table for B1G IMO.

Good academics
Additional eastern media exposure
Great Basketball Tradition M/W
M/W Hockey
Improving Football
Improving facilities
Strong Olympic Sport tradition
Good fan/alumni support

I could see plenty of rivalries renewed and begun anew if the Huskies joined. Just in the East you would have Rutgers in Football and M/W Soccer. UMD in football, M/W basketball, and Olympics. Penn State in M/W hockey and Olympics. OSU in M/W Basketball and Olympics. UM in basketball and Olympics. IU in football, basketball, and Olympics. I really see you guys adding a lot. Especially if your W. BBall Team continues winning titles, as this conference loves to celebrate championships in every single sport.
We at ESPN have considered your proposition and have instead decided to clench desperately to the CFB TV contracts and maintaining the current monopoly of the status quo. Thanks for your interest in this matter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow, impressive stuff, basically all UConn and not a single mention of Rutgers.
They must have focus grouped it.;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom