Randy Edsall Come Home | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Randy Edsall Come Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He leaned right. It was a painful, arthritic lean but it tilted right.

Sadly, he gave up before the story was finished. He could have been King here but he crept away when we needed him most.

He's an acquaintance of UCONN, not a friend.
I don't hate him. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
He leaned right. It was a painful, arthritic lean but it tilted right.

Sadly, he gave up before the story was finished. He could have been King here but he crept away when we needed him most.

He's an acquaintance of UCONN, not a friend.

And I also want to say that you're probably right about RE, he strived for better, and Maryland was better, and so he took that chance. He could have stayed here and been beloved, but he aspired for greatness. It didn't work out but you can't fault him. You have to respect that.
However, don't short sell Diaco. He has higher ambitions. Hopefully this gig doesn't set him back. The great ones take places like this to another level. If he can do it, God bless him. If he can't, then yeah, he's another RE. Time will tell.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
And I also want to say that you're probably right about RE, he strived for better, and Maryland was better, and so he took that chance. He could have stayed here and been beloved, but he aspired for greatness. It didn't work out but you can't fault him. You have to respect that.
However, don't short sell Diaco. He has higher ambitions. Hopefully this gig doesn't set him back. The great ones take places like this to another level. If he can do it, God bless him. If he can't, then yeah, he's another RE. Time will tell.

Let's not get this twisted, Gars. I meant Randy leaned right while at UCONN. He gave us everything he had.

Until it was easier to maybe give less, for more, someplace else. Smash mouth, underdog, leader to hapless, Under Armour, pawn in just a few short years.

F^c Maryland and f^c Randy. He pays for his own ticket if he ever steps foot in The Rent again.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This place is crazy.
True.

My guess is that it is due to a combination of emotional volatility and lack of memory (I remember the level in which RE was lambasted after getting blown out at home by Navy, after getting blown out in Morgantown when we had the opportunity to win the conference outright).

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That's not fair. What got worse is the conference we're in. Edsall recruited in a BCS, automatic bid, conference. We are now in the equivalent of a CUSA. I don't think RE would be doing any better than Diaco at this point. Recruiting isn't easy at this place and time.

Yeah. PP was a better coach, just a worse conference.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am a huge Randy guy - the Maryland experience showed he could change but he did not succeed. Sometimes the old saying, you never step in the same river twice is appropriate. Time for someone who believes in uptempo offense.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If Diaco is the HC at UConn as long as Edsall was, and for 4 of those years he gets a QB as good as DanO, I think he'd finish with a better record.

Reaction Score
Take a look at the 2011 Fiesra bowl where UConn played #7 Oklahoma. The offense scored 3 points, had a little more yards rushing, less yards passing,and coincidentally had the same total yards of last night's game. The defense gave up over 500 yds passing and around the same amount of rushing yards. Final score Oklahoma 48 UConn 20. Randy Edsall
I would rather lose by 400 in a BCS bowl game every year than go 3-8 but hey what do I know.

Reaction Score
Edsall was a good coach and yes he turned off many fans,parents and perhaps some players
the way he left was gutless but if u followed him Randy was for Randy first and Foremost
with that being said if his heart was in it and the program being where it wS say 2 years into his tenure I would welcome him back
He recruited well and had a good staff
BTW he lives around 20 minutes north of me .if I see him jogging I'll let him know heS missed lol
He will most likely be looking for a kid as I do not see Jim Cadwell surviving the year in Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom