Random Tweet - good news or wishful thinking? | The Boneyard

Random Tweet - good news or wishful thinking?

Reaction Score
I have been a fan of Caroline's since she signed to play at Uconn. I was sure she was another Katie Lou and when Paige went down and Caroline took over and proved I was right. Then all the injuries happened and Caroline could not show her worth. Now, Finally, if she does not get hurt again this year, I will get to see the re-incarnation of Katie Lou. Good luck and a healthy Junior year at Uconn Caroline. GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I still want her to wear some kind of head protection. It can extend to be a mask too- that way, even a knock to forehead area or face/cheekbones would be covered. This might help psychologically too- if she got knocked on the head while have protective gear, she might not worry as much about it- the collisions and bumps that happen get into a player's head/mind and can knock them off their game focus. Have a fantastic year Caroline!

Reaction Score
Conditioning is so important to a shooter and Caroline not being able to workout like normal most likely affected her shot more than any other aspect of her game. I think she is a great passer because she understands how to move the defense to open up her teammates. She is a great player to have coming off the bench and could possibly be even more.

Reaction Score
I can see comparing Caroline to Katie Lou. But the more natural comparison seems to me to be to Paige. She does all the things Paige does — perhaps not at quite the same level in passing and shooting — and she does it in a bigger body, and with better post moves and rebounding. The mix of skills is intoxicating. Most of all, Caroline is clutch. In that close game against DePaul freshman year, Geno gave the ball to Caroline to win the game in the final seconds because he knew. Or in a game against Xavier (iirc) early on, she got a steal near mid court and pivoted to fling a perfect outlet pass down the court in one fluid motion. And when we were suffering from layup-itis that season, the one player who consistently made her layups was Caroline. You can really see who she is from these small miraculous plays. This is who we need back almost as much as Paige.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom