Random Thoughts | The Boneyard

Random Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1. I'm trying to think of a game worse than what we saw last night. Striking out.

2. The age old question: Jimmies and Joes versus Xs and Os? Well I can now tell you what happens when you have neither.

3. When South Florida can look at you and say as long as we don't throw interceptions we can't lose.... ouch.

4. We'll find out very soon how deep the 'Brotherhood' runs.

5. For the love of God pick a featured running back and a second to carry some of the load. Enough with 4.

6. You can now circle rock bottom (hopefully) on the calendar. If they show up in Greenville like they did last night they will get beat so bad it will go down in history.

7. I made a joke during the Stony Brook game to a friend that it was going to be 1-10 UConn and 0-11 SMU in December. Not out of the question...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A few more.

The idea that Diaco can't be critical of players publicly? Well on national TV he may as well have been live tweeting how bad he thinks they are.

A lot of people got angry when the red flags were pointed out in the BYU game. It seems some more people now are grasping why the comments and decisions were troubling.

Reaction Score
A few more.

The idea that Diaco can't be critical of players publicly? Well on national TV he may as well have been live tweeting how bad he thinks they are.

A lot of people got angry when the red flags were pointed out in the BYU game. It seems some more people now are grasping why the comments and decisions were troubling.

I've never seen a coach throw in the proverbial towel less than 5 min into a game and then admit it after the game.

To those that think he was trying to win the game last night.......God I hope he wasn't. His master plan of getting a miracle pick 6 and getting to garbage time needing 2 miracles came within an onside kick recovery, drive, and FG from happening.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've never seen a coach throw in the proverbial towel less than 5 min into a game and then admit it after the game.

To those that think he was trying to win the game last night..God I hope he wasn't. His master plan of getting a miracle pick 6 and getting to garbage time needing 2 miracles came within an onside kick recovery, drive, and FG from happening.

It's going to get worse. He can't talk like he does and then go out and coach the way he does.

He's going to have a mutiny on his hands.

Reaction Score
I disagree. Our D has been pretty good and has played with pride. If they stay healthy we keep ECU under 50. Evertything else..hard to argue

14 possessions of 3 and out will lead to more than 50 points. Our offense could give ECU 21 points. I will make sure I don't give up sniffing glue that weekend.

Reaction Score
It's going to get worse. He can't talk like he does and then go out and coach the way he does.

He's going to have a mutiny on his hands.
This is a point I was making earlier. Its applicable to the fans but more so to the players. You tell them to believe in each other, then that game plan showed you don't believe in them. You have to throw Davis more than one pass and I don't care if you have five one legged midgets for an offensive line.

Reaction Score
This is a point I was making earlier. Its applicable to the fans but more so to the players. You tell them to believe in each other, then that game plan showed you don't believe in them. You have to throw Davis more than one pass and I don't care if you have five one legged midgets for an offensive line.
"Five one legged midgets"? That might not be a bad idea. Maybe the D-linemen would trip over the midgets.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I disagree. Our D has been pretty good and has played with pride. If they stay healthy we keep ECU under 50. Evertything else..hard to argue

The D plays well physically. Their understanding of the game in front of them is exploitable. Watch every time there is a delayed handoff or other misdirection the defense breaks down as if they were hypnotized and the opposing QB knows the key word.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Just to add to Whalers last point in his OP, during the SMU game today they put up their offensive numbers/rankings and they ranked dead last (125th) in every one. From ppg to total yards to first downs. If our team continues like the USF game, that last game may not even be aired it will be so bad

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
A few more.

As you so perfectly pointed out to the BY after the BYU game (with some of my poetic license):

Red Flag - definition: something that allows Whaler, '97, and Carl Spackler to all agree on a subject.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
1. I'm trying to think of a game worse than what we saw last night. Striking out.

2. The age old question: Jimmies and Joes versus Xs and Os? Well I can now tell you what happens when you have neither.

3. When South Florida can look at you and say as long as we don't throw interceptions we can't lose.... ouch.

4. We'll find out very soon how deep the 'Brotherhood' runs.

5. For the love of God pick a featured running back and a second to carry some of the load. Enough with 4.

6. You can now circle rock bottom (hopefully) on the calendar. If they show up in Greenville like they did last night they will get beat so bad it will go down in history.

7. I made a joke during the Stony Brook game to a friend that it was going to be 1-10 UConn and 0-11 SMU in December. Not out of the question...

Having read the post-game comments now and thinking back to some of the comments from the pre-season, there are massive red flags for the rest of this year (and potentially beyond). Diaco said earlier the pre-season that if the team couldn't stop the negative plays when passing then he would just run the ball. I think last night showed he meant what he was saying.

Now read this...

"I love coaching and teaching these guys," Diaco said. "I love the team. I love the guys. The only collection of guys it's not fast enough is for the seniors. My heart goes out for the seniors."

In other words, the seniors are screwed and the fans are screwed for this year. HCBD has been trying to manage expectations since he started here but lots of people just didn't want to hear it or believe it. Like it or not, he's put this entire season down as a development year. If we win a single game between now and SMU I'd be pleasantly surprised.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
ECU will get up 35-7 at halftime, and the second half will essentially be continuous clock with ECU just trying to end the game without any injuries. I don't think you will see anything like what they did today because a) UNC is a rival for fans and recruits and there is history between the programs, and b) UConn is not a threat to score, unlike UNC, so McNeil will have no reason to keep scoring once he gets a big lead on us.

Reaction Score
ECU will get up 35-7 at halftime, and the second half will essentially be continuous clock with ECU just trying to end the game without any injuries. I don't think you will see anything like what they did today because a) UNC is a rival for fans and recruits and there is history between the programs, and b) UConn is not a threat to score, unlike UNC, so McNeil will have no reason to keep scoring once he gets a big lead on us.

How does UConn get the 7?

Reaction Score
Guys none of Diacos shortcomings take away from the fact the offensive line is Swiss cheese. We have to ask which came first the chicken or the egg. if the offensive line is frustrated with their coach they can ram their helmet into the person in front of them during the next game. . The sad thing is we have one bad unit from being a decent football team. We have like very few or zero o line recruits to boot. That is where I am critical

Reaction Score
Critical, some of you guys are off your rocker.What do you want 4 games in with a hurting lack of talent. 2 years from now you would have some justification not now, not yet. You can't have Filet mignon out of hamburger.

Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that we have more talent than most MAC schools, but for some reason, most MAC schools can actually put points on the board against better foes. This season is starting to look like a wash, which is scary given how much more is left to play.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't know how you guys go from one red light to the next.

Well I wait for it to turn green and then hit the gas.

Diaco uses four different cars and then tries to protect his gas mileage by putting the car in neutral once he reaches 49% of the way to the next light. You can be sure those cars are going to shine with the amount of Turtle Wax they created Friday night.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think it's safe to say that we have more talent than most MAC schools, but for some reason, most MAC schools can actually put points on the board against better foes. This season is starting to look like a wash, which is scary given how much more is left to play.
We haven't had a FBS offense in a decade. Someone else made this point, but every week you can find FCS and Ivy teams on tv that can sling the ball around. It's mystifying that we have never been able to put a modern offense on the field.

Reaction Score
Let's just face the facts, these players just aren't that good. I don't think it matters what coaching staff we have, the results are the same. Where the PP staff is at fault is that these are the guys they brought in and they play with the same demeanor as PP had, which is unenergetic and no passion. This OL just gets dominated in every way and I don't see anyone out there showing any sign of being pissed off about it. I feel like I could go out there and block better than them. How do you not get a hand on guys multiple times. I'm just really disappointed in the lack of in-game adjustments. When the OL is bad there are ways to pass or change things up to still make plays on offense. To just completely give up on passing and be as predictable as we were is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom