Random Thoughts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Random Thoughts

Reaction Score
Let's not worry about this until it is actually something to worry about. We are 2 years from bowl eligibility at best. Benedict has some time to figure this out.
People are worried about bowl eligibility when the team won 1 game last year and gave up the most points in FBS football?!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
People are worried about bowl eligibility when the team won 1 game last year and gave up the most points in FBS football?!

I know they're not close to a bowl right now, but it's a legitimate concern. Otherwise, might as well drop to FCS or cut the program altogether.

Reaction Score
I know they're not close to a bowl right now, but it's a legitimate concern. Otherwise, might as well drop to FCS or cut the program altogether.
Worry about it when they're winning.

Worry about it after we know what the deal is for football. They've gotten a number of commits and unveiled upgrades to football through this. They seem to have a plan they are selling recruits on, and it's not one we know.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Worry about it when they're winning.

Worry about it after we know what the deal is for football. They've gotten a number of commits and unveiled upgrades to football through this. They seem to have a plan they are selling recruits on, and it's not one we know.

I think going to the Big East was the right move overall for the university. That being said, they still have to decide what to do with football moving forward, and it's something they can absolutely screw up. Continuing to lose money in the sport every year without even the chance of making a bowl no matter how good their record is would be an example of screwing it up.

Obviously, we should wait and see what the plan is before coming up with any hot takes, but if the plan doesn't include the potential for bowl games, then what is the point? Just shutter the program or drop to FCS.

EDIT: I'm also intrigued to see what the plan is. I know they've gotten some recruits this weekend, but what level are those recruits? I have no doubt they'll continue to get recruits if they go after 1 and 2 stars exclusively (do 1 star recruits exist?).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
EDIT: I'm also intrigued to see what the plan is. I know they've gotten some recruits this weekend, but what level are those recruits? I have no doubt they'll continue to get recruits if they go after 1 and 2 stars exclusively (do 1 star recruits exist?).

The stars don't matter as much in football - collective offers do.

Most of the kids that we've been pulling in have at least FBS offers. This is a step up and a sign Edsall is going in the right direction. Edsall has always been a coach em up type, but there always has to be a baseline for talent. Looks like he's getting there.

Reaction Score
Obviously, we should wait and see what the plan is before coming up with any hot takes, but if the plan doesn't include the potential for bowl games, then what is the point? Just shutter the program or drop to FCS.
That's fair, but remember that a lot of years bowls can't fill themselves up with enough bowl eligible teams. Go out, win 7, 8 games, and let the chips fall where they may.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That's fair, but remember that a lot of years bowls can't fill themselves up with enough bowl eligible teams. Go out, win 7, 8 games, and let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, and that's why I think they won't have a problem making bowls if they put out a winning record. This of course is coming from a guy (me) that has very little knowledge of how college football works, though.

Hopefully they can make this work.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I know it has been reported that way, but we don't REALLY know, do we? And since the news was leaked early, I would guess Uconn was not going to announce anything unless football was straightened out.
I was going to LIKE this post and then saw it was you. I think you forgot to log out and log back in as the other handle?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom