Random thoughts - feel free to discuss any | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Random thoughts - feel free to discuss any

Reaction Score
Speaking of planting fruit trees, here is a clip of Baltimore Oriole manager Earl Weaver on the radio answering questions from fans- the last one is about planting tomatoes- lots of colorful language!

Reaction Score
Two random thoughts.

Nice to see Hawkins taking advantage of empty space and hitting a foul line jumper. He has to learn even when his three ball isn't falling he can still light up a scoreboard.

I think, if you look at the screen Sanogo set, the final play was designed for Cole to go to his left around Sanogo and down the lane. Basically a pick and roll. I think Cole improvised when he saw all the open space on his right.

Reaction Score
Two random thoughts.

Nice to see Hawkins taking advantage of empty space and hitting a foul line jumper. He has to learn even when his three ball isn't falling he can still light up a scoreboard.

I think, if you look at the screen Sanogo set, the final play was designed for Cole to go to his left around Sanogo and down the lane. Basically a pick and roll. I think Cole improvised when he saw all the open space on his right.
Yes he said as much in the interview as the Villanova player was overplaying his left hand for a drive.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Gallespie gives me Bobby Hurley vibes in that he looks and plays like an annoying punk who I hate playing against but would probably love if he were on my team.

F Duke.

Reaction Score
Loved Hawkins moving his feet on defense, his rebounding, and no look assist to Sanogo. He is definitely com'n.
The Hawk had one rebound, I forget when but it was second half, where he got up so high it appeared he had swooped out of the rafters

Reaction Score
Thought Kimani did a great job of recognizing when Sanogo needed a break second half. Shots were getting a little flat around 10 minute mark. When he came back he was a force .

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Great game. Made my day. Just two downers:
1. We must be number 1 in not communicating to teammates that they are about to be stripped from behind.
2. We must learn that, if the defender can reach to 9 feet a pass must be 10 feet.

Anyway........UCONN is on its way back.
I noticed the same thing. When Tyreese? stole the ball and got stripped from Gillespie. Thought maybe it was too loud?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Sanogo is not a superior athlete and he's 6'8. He probably should dunk more, but about 80% of the time I see people crying for it, they have it wrong. The kid can score close to the basket exceptionally well; I don't see how we should criticize that part of his game much at all.

Everything Sanogo throws up looks like a master pop-a-shot player. I can live with fewe dunks from him. The mostly go down clean as well. It really has to demoralize opponents. If he learns to kick it out and reset when he's not inside the paint, he will be unstoppable shooting 70%.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is not a superior athlete and he's 6'8. He probably should dunk more, but about 80% of the time I see people crying for it, they have it wrong. The kid can score close to the basket exceptionally well; I don't see how we should criticize that part of his game much at all.
I don't intend to be critical of any player, Adama has been huge for us. But he has missed some bunnies and has been blocked under the basket more than once. This team has so many things going right, I just like the high percentage, go up strong, "send it home", dunk.

Reaction Score
The advantage of a dunk, especially if he is so close to the basket, is he can draw a foul on his defender. Getting another team's bigs in foul trouble would be greatly beneficial.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom