Random Thought/Suggestion: New Unis for the Diaco Era | The Boneyard

Random Thought/Suggestion: New Unis for the Diaco Era

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm thinking new uniforms within the next year or two would help further disassociate this era from the previous Edsall/Pasqualoni regimes. Might be too soon, though, since this current look is only in its second season. But considering schools like Oregon revise their look every other season, it wouldn't be a huge stretch to change things up that soon. The current uniforms aren't awful, but there's a lot of room for improvement IMO.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was the first time I actually thought that the uniform combinations looked sharp for the Huskies. Could have been the lighting and rain.

Reaction Score
Let's not talk about the helmets.

All the more reason they need a more refined look/identity. There's so much room for improvement with those lids it's not even funny. It's a creative concept for the helmets, just poorly executed.

Reaction Score
Yesterday was the first time I actually thought that the uniform combinations looked sharp for the Huskies. Could have been the lighting and rain.

They swapped the white face masks from the blue helmets to the white ones for an all-white look. Makes me wonder what blue-on-blue looks like.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait until we are likely to have a winning team and then fix the helmets. I'm okay with the unis as there are.

Reaction Score
Wait until we are likely to have a winning team and then fix the helmets. I'm okay with the unis as there are.

Agreed. At this stage, winning is obviously far more important than eye-candy uniforms.

Reaction Score
We aren't going back to the Block C for branding reasons, but I loved the look. Any suggestions for how to get a B1G look without going off message as far as the UCONN branding goes?

If I had my way, I'd bring back the block C and stamp it somewhere on the bball uniforms too. UConn on the front of the jerseys, block c on the helmet and the bball shorts.

Reaction Score
We aren't going back to the Block C for branding reasons, but I loved the look. Any suggestions for how to get a B1G look without going off message as far as the UCONN branding goes?

If I had my way, I'd bring back the block C and stamp it somewhere on the bball uniforms too. UConn on the front of the jerseys, block c on the helmet and the bball shorts.

I would suggest just refining the current look. You're right, they're probably not going to the block C brand. I would suggest helmets with a matte blue finish, same UCONN HUSKIES decal across the back, then place number decals on each side of the helmet. For the front, drop the red trim crop, and have the husky eyes expanded along the entire front-view of the helmet (much like the new mid-field design at Rentschler). As far as the uniforms themselves, maybe a simplistic, clean look like those Oklahoma State unis or the current Minnesota Vikings look. Red alternative jerseys would be sweet, too; with a rotation of red, white or blue pants.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
husky yawning.gif

Reaction Score
The block C won't come back. Just don't see it happening.... But the current helmets need something. One thing they did do different to them was go with the white mask instead of the dark color in the pas . IMO it didn't help. Made the helmets look boring

Reaction Score
The unis looked good yesterday. Like most fans, I would tone down those helmets a bit.

I like simple conservative uniforms (Alabama, Yale, Green Bay etc).

Reaction Score
The unis looked good yesterday. Like most fans, I would tone down those helmets a bit.

You would tone down the helmets, yet one of the helmets is your avatar? Sure!

Reaction Score
I'll take any design that has an iota of class at this point. Those helmets need to be donated to the Shriners for the scooter riders at parades.

Reaction Score
Keep the new uniforms...The only thing I would change about the helmets would be to take the Husky off of the front. Leave the stripe that runs down the middle and on both sides put the numbers (like Alabama).

Reaction Score

Yeah but high school recruits don't seem to have any objections to schools with more eccentric unis & helmets . . . and that's the group the UConn program needs to appeal to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom