Random questions after three games | The Boneyard

Random questions after three games

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I've waited for the dust to settle but here is what I am wondering about after three games.

1. Was there any doubt that the team would make a big jump from games two to three. All man, no press, take advantage of the size advantage and fix the help side defense equals a dominating performance.

2. How long will it take teams to realize that they can't let Liv shoot that 15 footer? She has made a half dozen at least in three games.

3. Will teams resort to "hack-a-LIv" in close games and force her to make foul shots?

4. When was the last time Evina went an entire quarter (first last night) without taking a shot? She played 33 minutes and took four shots and played great. She might also become the teams' perimeter lock down defender.

5. Anybody surprised with how much "2" Paige has played the last two games? She might prove to be the team's best three point shooter. Get her on the perimeter and let her fire.

6. How huge of an upside does Piath have? If she stays patient and responds to CD's coaching, she eventually could allow Amari and Ice play away from the basket.

7. This sounds disrespectful (it is not) but has there ever been a Husky player that looks younger than Autumn Chesson?

8. DavidNaples probably knows but has Christyn ever had more than the 8 rebounds that she had last night?

9. Why did they move the benches to the other side? I really dislike not seeing Geno and player reactions during the games.

10, Finally, I can't let it go, would Park-Lane score 29 against the Husky defense we saw last night? They do play the Pirates again don't they? My guess is Park-Lane does not enjoy the same success the second time around.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
It is why I asked because I have seen several
games where a viewer could see the bench from the given csmera angle.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
#3 - "Hack - a - Liv" is already happening and it will continue.

Which ties into #2. If Liv can be consistant from 15 foot and out, and I believe she can, the opposition will need to pick their poison. This is were I see the high-low game between Liv and Aaliyah or Anna or Evina coming soon.

Reaction Score
I've waited for the dust to settle but here is what I am wondering about after three games.

1. Was there any doubt that the team would make a big jump from games two to three. All man, no press, take advantage of the size advantage and fix the help side defense equals a dominating performance.

2. How long will it take teams to realize that they can't let Liv shoot that 15 footer? She has made a half dozen at least in three games.

3. Will teams resort to "hack-a-LIv" in close games and force her to make foul shots?

4. When was the last time Evina went an entire quarter (first last night) without taking a shot? She played 33 minutes and took four shots and played great. She might also become the teams' perimeter lock down defender.

5. Anybody surprised with how much "2" Paige has played the last two games? She might prove to be the team's best three point shooter. Get her on the perimeter and let her fire.

6. How huge of an upside does Piath have? If she stays patient and responds to CD's coaching, she eventually could allow Amari and Ice play away from the basket.

7. This sounds disrespectful (it is not) but has there ever been a Husky player that looks younger than Autumn Chesson?

8. DavidNaples probably knows but has Christyn ever had more than the 8 rebounds that she had last night?

9. Why did they move the benches to the other side? I really dislike not seeing Geno and player reactions during the games.

10, Finally, I can't let it go, would Park-Lane score 29 against the Husky defense we saw last night? They do play the Pirates again don't they? My guess is Park-Lane does not enjoy the same success the second time around.

In regards to #6, I am not sure Gabriel will ever see significant meaningful minutes. She is a good athlete and moves very well for 6'5, but she is incredibly raw and has looked completely lost at times. Not saying that she can't provide solid depth on the bench, because I think she can, but I don't think she will ever start at UConn with ONO, Edwards, DeBerry, and Brady all competing for minutes throughout her career.

Reaction Score

My question is for Paige. How many times will she travel until she figure out to put the ball on the court first before she dribble. Way to of great player to have a travel every game so far.

Reaction Score

Younger than Autumn? Baby-faced Moriah Jefferson might qualify.

Reaction Score
Younger than Autumn? Baby-faced Moriah Jefferson might qualify.

Regarding #10- Geno will play a lot of zone against them. If you recall, that turned Park- Lane into a dead end street in the second half. Almost all her first half points came from wide open shots which won't happen or blow byes in the lane which also won't happen against the zone.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nevertheless...as well as identifying certain weaknesses in our D.
Ms Park-Lane is a prodigious, fearless, talent.

Reaction Score
Regarding four, Evina already is the designated premiere defender. She is not Kia or Gabby, but she is a very talented defender. This is probably why Nika came in for her, because she also has chops as a defender.

Reaction Score
#5. Not surprising at all. Evina can play the "1" and even as a "2" Paige can still facilitate, but is better positioned to catch and shoot nevermind her accuracy. Christyn has taken 9 more shots and has made 4 less than Paige, this means you really want Paige as your primary shooter; PB 65.7% vs CW 43.2%. It's a game of numbers. Go Huskies!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
#5. Paige wasn’t a pure point guard in high school. I’ve thought from the time we knew she was going to UConn that we’d see Nika at point and Paige at the 2 sometimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom