Random Observations Of Today's Games | The Boneyard

Random Observations Of Today's Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Vandy looks decent. Arkansas is explosive, so Vandy needs another 7-10 points to win this, but they are taking a Top 10 team into the 4th with the lead.

Louisville is getting better, fast. I think Syracuse has CUSA talent level, but they play smart and hard and did just smoke the Mountaineers. Bridgewater is a year away from being decent, but Louisville will be a darkhorse to win the league next year.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Agreed on Syracuse. They have little team speed/athleticism, and I feel UL will be a much tougher test now than they would have been earlier in the year.

Maryland's defense is anorexic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
When I saw the Louisville line I figured they were going to stomp Syracuse pretty good. UL -3 didn't make a ton of sense on the surface based on their recent results.

Vanderbilt handed the game back to Arkansas.

Reaction Score
x2_90669e1

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Smart kids not kicking well today. Duke lost by 4 and missed 2 FG. Vandy missed a chip shot to tie.

Reaction Score
Maryland down big. The fans are going to hang RE in effigy.

Reaction Score
RE seriously is starting to look like he has at least some risk of being one and done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Thanks to dish fade, I'm down to 1 station - Florida/Georgia in non-HD. Can't wait for the power to go out.

Reaction Score
Thanks to dish fade, I'm down to 1 station - Florida/Georgia in non-HD. Can't wait for the power to go out.

Our football season has been so awful that part of me wants the hilarity of Malloy using the Rent as a staging area again and the Syracuse game having to be cancelled, possibly costing Syracuse a bowl bid.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Our football season has been so awful that part of me wants the hilarity of Malloy using the Rent as a staging area again and the Syracuse game having to be cancelled, possibly costing Syracuse a bowl bid.

If the forecast is now right.... 6o MPH gusts tonight eastern half of the state. It's going to be just as bad as Irene. Wethersfield and Bolton already without power. Homeowners claims are already showing up at Travelers. My forecast is now for 12-18.

I have a feeling I'm not getting to the Meadowlands tomorrow...

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
UNC is ridiculously talented. Withers is going to coach a big time program someday.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There were quite a few times where we would go play football in the snow when I was at UConn. It is a lot of fun.

This Rutgers game is going to be a wild one.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Someone on ESPN said KState's average recruiting ranking the past 5 years is in the 80's. They are 7-0, up 3 on Oklahoma, in the best conference in the country.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
From what little I've seen of the WVU-RU game (I had to move about 1/2 dozen branches that broke off a tree in my front yuard) Rutgers cannot move the ball on the ground. Unfortunately for us we don't care if the opponent can't run the ball, we'll lose to them anyway.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Someone on ESPN said KState's average recruiting ranking the past 5 years is in the 80's. They are 7-0, up 3 on Oklahoma, in the best conference in the country.

Any coincidence they fell into the toilet when Snyder retired the first time?

Reaction Score
My Random thoughts....... Maryland has fancy new uniforms every week, unfortunately for them they have the same coach and are a really bad football team.

Reaction Score
West Virginia overrated. We had a chance.

Edsall = team regressed.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is Baylor still crowned around here or is the 42-0 deficit today enough to stop that crazy talk?

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Baylor really sucks, except for Griffin. Ganaway is an absolutely horrible running back.

Reaction Score
anyone see the graphic during a psu/illinois time-out showing ABC's evening game line-up? late games are clemson/gt or stanford/usc, and the regional coverage has the clemson game on in "the acc states" as the announcer calls them, effectively the 8 southeastern states in between virginia and florida - and west to mississippi. the other 42 states will be watching the stanford/usc game. hilarious.

i know that luck is a big-time draw, and usc is a national program - but the acc cannot get their game of the week on in the boston market? i thought bcu had new england on lockdown? my next statement is dripping with envy, but i cannot help it - do you think the clemson/gt game would be on in CT if uconn was in the acc? me thinks yes.

Reaction Score
I'm noticing a lot of empty seats in every single stadium. How is Georgia/Florida not sold out?

Amazing.

Reaction Score
anyone see the graphic during a psu/illinois time-out showing ABC's evening game line-up? late games are clemson/gt or stanford/usc, and the regional coverage has the clemson game on in "the acc states" as the announcer calls them, effectively the 8 southeastern states in between virginia and florida - and west to mississippi. the other 42 states will be watching the stanford/usc game. hilarious.

i know that luck is a big-time draw, and usc is a national program - but the acc cannot get their game of the week on in the boston market? i thought bcu had new england on lockdown? my next statement is dripping with envy, but i cannot help it - do you think the clemson/gt game would be on in CT if uconn was in the acc? me thinks yes.

Tell ya the truth, as a UConn fan, I'd be much more interested in USC-Stanford.

I'm in my 40s. If UConn ends up in the ACC, I don't know if I'll ever grow into liking the league enough to give a damn about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom