Random NBA thoughts | The Boneyard

Random NBA thoughts

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Celtics look good through three games. Too bad their coach couldn't stop himself from being a creep. And who would cheat on Nia Long? Udoka's move here is going to go down in history as one of the all time career self-immolations.

Lakers window to contend may be closed. Losing to Golden State and the Clippers is not bad, but losing to Portland at home?

I don't get what is wrong with the 76ers. On paper, this looks like the team to beat in the East, and they pass the eye test on the court. They are just not winning.

I like Denver a lot with Porter Jr. and Murray back.

Timberwolves should not be afraid to move on their coach, who I think sucks. That is a really good team that doesn't want to waste another season figuring out Finch is not the answer.

Zion can't stay healthy, again.

I don't think they will be a contender in the east, but the Wizards might not suck this year.

Reaction Score
Jalen Brunson the glue to the Knicks. Julius Randle now playing off the ball, his whole demeanor has changed. Derrick Rose now getting most likely 15-20 minutes a game at least in the early going as the 3rd pg after Quickley, Obi and Hartenstein off the bench will help limit Robinson and Randles minutes giving them breathers and it is 82 games they will get some starts. Thibs has to use his bench more and limit his starters minutes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Nets: Steve Nash is another bad Head Coach in charge of a playoff-caliber team. How much longer do we have to pretend like Kyrie is a great player. He is a stats hog that can get shut down by a geezer like George Hill whenever the Bucks needed a stop.

Bucks: Bobby Portis is not quite an all-star, but he is so freaking good. Every title contender needs at least one hustling over-achiever like Portis. This is a good team even without their second best player. My one complaint is that Antetekuomnpo should not be playing point. Budenholtzer has an A+ caliber offense and they perform at an A- level. That is the difference between winning the title and getting bounced in the second or third round. Get Giannis off the ball.

Antetokuomnpo is a unicorn that makes all other players that have received that description look ordinary by comparison. He is a once in a generation talent, born in Athens but willing to spend his career in a small, cold city. Kareem could only take 5 years in Milwaukee. And no matter what anyone says now, the Hawks were the only other team even thinking about drafting him in 2013. Even at the time, pretty much everyone knew it was a terrible draft, and anyone that wanted to could have traded a mediocre starter to move up into the 11-15 pick range and pick Giannis. Seriously, if anyone even had a whiff that Giannis was anything other than a project, he would not have lasted to 15.

Cavs: I know Cleveland is off to a good start, but I think they gave up too much to get Donovan Mitchell. This was a good team without him. Utah is off to a 4-1 start without their all-stars from last season.

Pacers: This looks like an expansion team they are so bad. A couple of mediocre, high volume scorers in Hield and Haliburton, but overall this team just sucks.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nash escapes from Brooklyn Hell. :):):)

Disgraced Celtic coach Ime Udoka likely. That gem could only come from a Durant / Kyrie brain storm.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bucks - A healthy Lopez for a whole season makes this team close to unstoppable. It makes you wonder whether Lopez is really the second best player on this team, not Middleton. The Celtics and 76ers can challenge, but right now the Bucks look like the best team in the NBA.

Celtics - I will admit I was wrong on Tatum. I always thought he would cap out as a good, not great player, but he is good enough to carry a team to a title. The Bucks are good, but the Celtics are the second best team in the NBA.

76ers - probably have the best starting 5 in the League, but the bench sucks.

Cavaliers - I will always think that the Cavs traded too much for Mitchell. This team was good without that trade. I like the coach, like the style, and like the bench. They just don't have the top level talent a team needs to make a deep run in the spring.

Knicks - It is worth remembering that the Lakers let Randle and Lopez walk away for nothing a few years ago. At what point does Knicks' leadership call it on Barrett and decide that he is a bust rather than keep feeding him the ball and dealing with his lousy defense? This team has spectacular playoff combustion written all over it. In other words, they are the typical Knicks team.

Brooklyn - I am surprised they are not playing a little better given that Kyrie is addition by subtraction and they got a lot back for Durant and Kyrie.

Miami - Spoelstra is always a threat, but Butler is getting old and this is not the same team it was a year or two ago.

Atlanta - I am among many that are surprised that this team is not better. I expected the addition of Murray would make this team a contender in the East, and instead they have gotten worse.

Washington - the rest of the teams don't matter, but this team could be dangerous in a short playoff series. Beal, Kuzma and Porzingis can play with anyone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom