Rallying Cry | The Boneyard

Rallying Cry

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I've never been one to run from a fight, or to run from the long odds.

Am I pissed that they're handing out for free that which I've already paid for? Truthfully, yes. But now what? '97 isn't going gently into that good night. No. Hell to the no!

So my 2 person squad has become a 4 person squad for free. Please, if you can, come out tomorrow! The team needs you. The program needs you. The other faithful fans need you. Screw the AD, or the conference, or the presidents past or present.

Let's go hang one on a B1G school that thinks they can walk into The Rent for free just because we can walk in there for free. Well, they can't. This is our house. And we ready...

Reaction Score
Let's go hang one on a B1G school that thinks they can walk into The Rent for free just because we can walk in there for free.

Reaction Score
Sold tickets must have been terrible. It sucks that I just bought tickets Tuesday but whatever.

AD did the math. Get butts in the seats. Sell concessions, parking, and a big crowd on TV. Hopefully a win and you create some buzz for next game.

Downside is you piss off some fans who bought, but clearly we’re a minority so, there you have it.
Won’t help sell tickets in future though, unless you start to win.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sold tickets must have been terrible. It sucks that I just bought tickets Tuesday but whatever.

AD did the math. Get butts in the seats. Sell concessions, parking, and a big crowd on TV. Hopefully a win and you create some buzz for next game.

Downside is you piss off some fans who bought, but clearly we’re a minority so, there you have it.
Won’t help sell tickets in future though, unless you start to win.

yeah the math is this. the school gets no money from parking or concessions.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
First game at the Rent for me after moving to TX in '96! Very excited to be going with my beautiful TX bride of 34 yrs, and the weather looks fantastic for football! Hopefully, we've brought some good luck with us from the lone star state. Not sure where we'll be parking for our humble pre-game tailgate, but we plan to be our Section 101 seats the entire game, win or lose. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Yeahhhhhhhhh, I choose blind misdirected optimism and to hang onto a semblance of hope that the program isn't doomed in what most of us already know is a total utter dungheap situation over the need to be one of the all-knowing realistic (a.k.a. pessimistic yet giddy about constantly proving everyone else wrong) resident gurus of the Yard showing up everyone else in how awesome you are.

Ten years of snarky Chicken Littles beating a dead horse into dog food is getting old and a very tired act.

Heading to the game today to do my best to cheer on what we have left of a program. If you're not on board, do the rest of us a favor and take the day off from the Yard and go to the Hebron Fair or something and stuff your face with something deep fried.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
First game at the Rent for me after moving to TX in '96! Very excited to be going with my beautiful TX bride of 34 yrs, and the weather looks fantastic for football! Hopefully, we've brought some good luck with us from the lone star state. Not sure where we'll be parking for our humble pre-game tailgate, but we plan to be our Section 101 seats the entire game, win or lose. Go Huskies!
What are the odds? Parked in the General lot and our neighbors are Matt Walsh, his parents and his fiancé! Awesome people!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Tough second quarter. Turnover and long field goal to end it. Hopefully they can find something more in the locker room.

Having said that, the crowd felt good during that first quarter. UConn Nation just needs a couple good moments to turn the corner...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Penalties and doggone lousy tackling kill a team

Reaction Score
If UConn is handing out free tickets to football midget leagues next year p,ease insist that their coaches or whatever sit WITH them in the stands. Our section was the “lucky one to host themselves little demons from Tollsnd. If the coach doesn’t want to sit with them Neither do I. They had no interest in the game what so ever and were more interested in pushing shoving jumping fro row to row on the seats climbing on the railing to the concourse. Every third down they looked at us as 2headed people as well screamed and stamped on the bleachers.
There was an o,der group down farther that were a little older and a little more subdued. Just about ruined the game for me.
I went home with a stomach ache. We have season tickets for 12-13 years and I will not put up with this next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom