Rakim Lubin vs. Cincy | The Boneyard

Rakim Lubin vs. Cincy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He was exactly the kind of take-no-bull interior guy that sort of game needed. He had to play more because of foul trouble, but I thought he played really well. Even got a few "Looooooooo" chants from the students.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I was literally about to start a thread about Lubin, but then saw this one. Lubin might not be the most talented guy in the world, but he brings a sort of toughness UConn hasn't had in years. He was exactly what UConn needed when Ollie put him in (out of necessity). That block he had was filthy.

Reaction Score
Lubin was exactly what we needed: a frontcourt player who couldn't be overpowered. He had 3 RBs in the short time he played and moved the Cinn. players. He may not be much over 6'5" with a short vertical but the kid loves contact and recognizes his role. Outstanding game for the Rock in limited minutes.

Reaction Score
He has a energy and intensity that he brings to the game. Maybe Facey getting hurt was a blessing in disguise. If we continue this run and get in the NCAA'S I expect him to have a big role. I've been asking myself all year why Ollie doesn't play him more. That's twice this year against Cincinnati he played well. Also like how Nolan is playing.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mike Patrick referred to him as a rock at one point. I'm certain that Patrick is completely unaware of that being his nickname.

Lubin will be a contributor for the rest of the year and his next three years.

It's not a stretch to think he'll be a situational player in terms of minutes and numbers he puts up. There will be some games where his skillset is more needed than others.

All I hope for is that he performs when he is called upon, just like he did tonight.

Reaction Score
What impresses me most about him is his nimble feet for such a bulky guy. He came out to guard on the perimeter multiple times, and I was like, "No, no, no, don't do that," but his guy never blew by him. Either because he was stunned or intimidated.

Reaction Score
His block in the second half got us going on our run. We were on an offensive lull and he ignited the team with that play. Cincy was killing us inside and he stepped up to the challenge and said not in our house. Great minutes from the rock!

Reaction Score
Mike Patrick referred to him as a rock at one point. I'm certain that Patrick is completely unaware of that being his nickname.

Lubin will be a contributor for the rest of the year and his next three years.

It's not a stretch to think he'll be a situational player in terms of minutes and numbers he puts up. There will be some games where his skillset is more needed than others.

All I hope for is that he performs when he is called upon, just like he did tonight.

I was kind of amazed they didn't know DHam's grandmother had passed either. During the post game interview with Patrick and Elmore he mentioned he played with her on his mind and for her. Patrick did say "sorry to hear that".......

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here's the thing, yeah Lubin brings toughness and that's key, but his ability to step up on short notice and play tough and do so confidently is huge. Can't not like this kid.

Reaction Score
I don't know if he's any good. But he's fun to watch. Great energy and enthusiasm. That's infectious and helps the team.

Reaction Score
Maybe Rock will pull a Toraino Walker and deliver us to the tourney! Good to see and happy for the kid.

C

Chief00

My sense is he also has a higher basketball IQ than some of our other bigs. He plays a horizontal game very well; his lack of length hurts at times. I do like his mean streak and ability to play nasty in the sandbox; quite frankly.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He's an important cog to have against teams with beefy front lines. It's wonderful to watch these kids come in and get excited even if their role is limited.

Some of us give these kids get grief when they fail to meet our expectations (needs, desires) but outside of the jaded amongst us, these are just kids trying to do their best.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Some good minutes for Rock against some tough inside guys. Very promising for his future, but let's not go nuts. At some point we need an inside guy who can score, but I'll take the attitude because he's the only big who plays with a proper one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom