Rakeem Buckles | The Boneyard

Rakeem Buckles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Although I doubt Ricky would have cared if Buckles wasn't going to play for his son, this would seem to be no different than our own AO going to Mizzou!

It depends on what year Buckles is.

Oriakhi was a senior, but Roscoe smith's bid was denied because he was to be a junior.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It depends on what year Buckles is.

Oriakhi was a senior, but Roscoe smith's bid was denied because he was to be a junior.
Still don't understand what being a senior has to do with anything. He sits out a season and plays as a fifth year senior or post grad student like Kromah and RJ. There wasn't any hardship as far as I can see.

Reaction Score
Still don't understand what being a senior has to do with anything. He sits out a season and plays as a fifth year senior or post grad student like Kromah and RJ. There wasn't any hardship as far as I can see.

I think the NCAA is trying to make it so that players don't lose their last chance to make the tourney by allowing them to transfer like that.

But, of course, they are encouraging kids to leave who otherwise may want to actually finish their educations in one place, and it's more difficult to graduate after a transfer. Net: the NCAA doesn't really care about academics. They should never have messed around with academics in this fashion.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think the NCAA is trying to make it so that players don't lose their last chance to make the tourney by allowing them to transfer like that.

But, of course, they are encouraging kids to leave who otherwise may want to actually finish their educations in one place, and it's more difficult to graduate after a transfer. Net: the NCAA doesn't really care about academics. They should never have messed around with academics in this fashion.
If he sits out a year how does that prevent him from going to a potential tournament. I'm not saying he loses his fourth year of eligibility. He still retains it after the one year probation period. And it prevents the type of appearance that education doesn't matter or an appearance of capriciousness. Especially since they are giving the false illusion that education matters.

Reaction Score
If he sits out a year how does that prevent him from going to a potential tournament. I'm not saying he loses his fourth year of eligibility. He still retains it after the one year probation period. And it prevents the type of appearance that education doesn't matter or an appearance of capriciousness. Especially since they are giving the false illusion that education matters.

Yes, I didn't come out and say it, but certainly I don't see why the APR troubles should be double jeopardy as player's leave a school early. If they have to sit, maybe they don't leave.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Yes, I didn't come out and say it, but certainly I don't see why the APR troubles should be double jeopardy as player's leave a school early. If they have to sit, maybe they don't leave.
It's not just Alex. He already withdrew and just had to find out if he would be playing immediately or have to sit a year like Purvis. It just seems arbitrary on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom