Raise your hand if, before the season, you were offered 3-4 after 7 games. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raise your hand if, before the season, you were offered 3-4 after 7 games.

Reaction Score
In July I thought 15-0
After Holy Cross: 1-11

So I'll take 3-4. Much more encouraged by the PROGRESS more than anything else. If that continues, I'll be happy regardless of record and I'll look forward to a 15-0 season in 2018.

Reaction Score
I would have taken 2-4 with PROGRESS!
Anything to get Cranberrypants off of our sidelines. Couldn't take one more convoluted irrational post-mortem.

Reaction Score
I think many of us had trouble coming into the year predicting how this team would do or knowing if better play would translate into significantly more wins. I doubt a single person expected the offense to be as good as it is, and I doubt a single person expected the defense to be as bad as it is. That would include Edsall2.0 on both counts.

Way too early to be talking about the year as a whole 7 games into it. We're 3-4, and probably should be 4-3. Any chance to get to 6-6 requires a win tonight. If we don't win tonight, then we can discuss success or failure. While I don't think we will get to a bowl, that is absolutely still the focus.

Man, I got home after a long, stressful day, kissed my wife, kissed my kids, made a Jack and Coke to enjoy with my dinner and started thinking what a great day tomorrow would be: football, good food, good drink and Saturday loving (the best kind because my wife has a couple/few drinks on Saturday). As I finished, I strolled over to the bar to make another drink and read this post. I assessed that it wasn’t an idiot poster and that it was a poster that actually goes to games—the game must be tonight!!! I let out a woot woot, ran for the closet to get my UConn hoodie and headed for the screened porch and the comforts of our recently remodeled “outdoor living room”. I was ready for a glorious night of UConn football, spirits and general revelry in the cool fall air.

Then I read the next post.

Last edited:

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I predicted 4-8 this year, but "officially" said 5-7 because I thought HCRE would squeeze out one more win.

6-6 would be sweet. It would be great for the Diaco seniors to get to a bowl.

Reaction Score
Jack and Coke is a thing????

If you are serious, yes. It is one of the most popular cocktails in the US and Europe, has been for 100+ years. I actually use Diet Coke.

If you are saying Jack is better straight and mixing it is for sissies, I agree that it is good straight, but I get a lot more mileage out of my night by mixing it with Coke.

Reaction Score
If you are serious, yes. It is one of the most popular cocktails in the US and Europe, has been for 100+ years. I actually use Diet Coke.

If you are saying Jack is better straight and mixing it is for sissies, I agree that it is good straight, but I get a lot more mileage out of my night by mixing it with Coke.
Well, each to their own, and I am certainly not gonna criticize another person's drink of choice. Personally, I have come to appreciate Jack a lot more as we keep it in the house for those who prefer it, or Basil Hayden, to the modest collection of single malts that we usually have on hand. I drink it neat, or with branch water, like I do the scotches mostly for its taste notes. Don't you lose all that by putting it into Coke?

Reaction Score

Hey @Hoophound - drop this into your kitchen and enjoy the weekends as you deserve!!

DDD25480-C3B6-4B49-9CE9-FF8176DA807A.jpeg

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, each to their own, and I am certainly not gonna criticize another person's drink of choice. Personally, I have come to appreciate Jack a lot more as we keep it in the house for those who prefer it, or Basil Hayden, to the modest collection of single malts that we usually have on hand. I drink it neat, or with branch water, like I do the scotches mostly for its taste notes. Don't you lose all that by putting it into Coke?

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess he drinks Jack and Diet Coke because it tastes good and has fun.

Losing the taste notes is a burden to carry for sure. The stuff does cost like $30 for a handle - so it probably is a sin to mix it with anything but RC Cola.

Reaction Score
I like it. I'll mix any decent whiskey with Coke given the option. I don't consider JD something that needs to be savored straight. I buy it by the half gallon like its milk. I've got better whiskeys that I keep in the liquor cabinet for drinking straight, but I really only do that on Christmas Eve and a couple other times per year. Woodford Reserve is better and after that there are many others that I think are far more enjoyable than Jack on their own at varying price points.

Reaction Score
I've switched to Bourbon, Apple Cider and Seltzer on the rocks for the fall. It's damn delicious. Shot of maple syrup in there on Friday nights ;-)

Reaction Score
I'm not so much worried about the number of wins (knew it'd be uphill this year and probably in the 2-3 year future too) but I am concerned about being competitive in the losses. Missouri kind of took a lot of wind out of my sails on that front. ....

Reaction Score
I'm not so much worried about the number of wins (knew it'd be uphill this year and probably in the 2-3 year future too) but I am concerned about being competitive in the losses. Missouri kind of took a lot of wind out of my sails on that front. ....
As I said on other threads, I will go to games as long as they are competitive. I sure as heck want there to be a winning record but if they are competitive I will go to every game regardless. They haven't been competitive against better teams.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Turns out it was a little too soon for the OP to be taking a victory lap.

Reaction Score
I'm happy we won 3 games.. don't see us winning another one this year, but we might've gotten 4 if for not the schedule re-org due to the hurricane.. I think we beat ECU later in the season. We weren't battle ready yet when we lost to them earlier...
All in all, I'm still happy... I see us growing... The more Coach's way of doing things gets embedded these kids' heads the better off this program will be... plenty of humble pie to go around right now...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We win another this year. At least, I have to watch thinking that there is a punchers chance we win another game. Its Cincy or USF.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom