Raise the Exit Fee to $50m | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Raise the Exit Fee to $50m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Backpedal much?

ladies & gentlemen of the Jury ... here is Exhibit A

A Boneyard poster resigned to bitch for the next 8 years because WE didn't get an invite. He has company. He is not an unintelligent man ... he's just feels "entitled" to a stature in this Conference Realignment that UConn was not solicited to participate. Therefore he is going to attack Memphis "State" ... the league that has formed ... and any & all that offer some sunshine through these 8 years. He'll be most fun.

I think it is crucial that we (UConn) come out of this with a $8-14m share of Revenue. Could come in a lot of ways. That allows us to continue on a path that we can become the NEW ENGLAND Public University that draws regional eyeballs in this market. I do think that Swofford chose SU & BC mistakenly. We have far more potential. (however, as seen in the other parallel thread ... I think we are in danger because we are not moving forward in football. On the field & in the market)

In order to capture what we need, THIS Conference has to lock in our best chances for exciting games. I am not dismissing my alma mater. However, I think Boise, Louisville and Rutgers have higher Market Value in Neilsons/Arbitron today. Exit Fee/Rights Guarantees ... whatever.

We are in the Conference of Misfit Toys. It is NOT the CUSA or the MAC because our Programs will have more money; damn Memphis then if they cannot compete. If Chris Bevilacqua & Mike Aresco gets us a solid contract ... mostly because of good timing ... we will fight it out in this space - the Wannabee Conference. I am old enough to remember the AFL was always more fun than the NFL. It will be good football. We need to maintaing our Hoop status. And, then we will find a better spot when TV forces more change.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I was responding to HuskyHawk saying Rutgers has a 'little better' football program - which I disagree with. It's been pretty damn even the past decade but we have two co-championships to their none. That being said, to give them their due they have been ranked higher and seemingly in the 'others receiving votes' more than UConn.

Ok I feel better now. While RU has had a few good seasons the past decade or so, they've been down right awful before then. Last I checked there's no BCS Bowl or co-Big East champion on their record and I see that on UConn's.

Reaction Score
Pudge,

Insanity is doing testament thing over and over again even though it isn't working. If we learned anything in the past 8 years, it's that we shouldn't depend on the Big East for anything. I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

ladies & gentlemen of the Jury ... here is Exhibit A

A Boneyard poster resigned to bitch for the next 8 years because WE didn't get an invite. He has company. He is not an unintelligent man ... he's just feels "entitled" to a stature in this Conference Realignment that UConn was not solicited to participate. Therefore he is going to attack Memphis "State" ... the league that has formed ... and any & all that offer some sunshine through these 8 years. He'll be most fun.

I think it is crucial that we (UConn) come out of this with a $8-14m share of Revenue. Could come in a lot of ways. That allows us to continue on a path that we can become the NEW ENGLAND Public University that draws regional eyeballs in this market. I do think that Swofford chose SU & BC mistakenly. We have far more potential. (however, as seen in the other parallel thread ... I think we are in danger because we are not moving forward in football. On the field & in the market)

In order to capture what we need, THIS Conference has to lock in our best chances for exciting games. I am not dismissing my alma mater. However, I think Boise, Louisville and Rutgers have higher Market Value in Neilsons/Arbitron today. Exit Fee/Rights Guarantees ... whatever.

We are in the Conference of Misfit Toys. It is NOT the CUSA or the MAC because our Programs will have more money; damn Memphis then if they cannot compete. If Chris Bevilacqua & Mike Aresco gets us a solid contract ... mostly because of good timing ... we will fight it out in this space - the Wannabee Conference. I am old enough to remember the AFL was always more fun than the NFL. It will be good football. We need to maintaing our Hoop status. And, then we will find a better spot when TV forces more change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom