Raiders release... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Raiders release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its a sad argument to make. Neither guy was anywhere near having the skill set to be the starting QB on a bcs conference team. 2009, there was prior seldomnly used walk on wide receiver named Marcus Easly who emerged and made spectacular catches all over the place, often times on horribly thrown passes. The 2010, team with an average 60% completion percentage qb probably wins ten games. I thought Lorenzen 2007, gave us our best qb play since Orlovsky. He threw some beautiful passes to DJ on his very first game against Duke. Never the same after the thumb injury.

IMO you're not giving Frazier enough credit for 2009, and you're giving Easley way too much.

Reaction Score
I think they're putting a lot of eggs in Chandler Jones' basket to create pressure. At times, he looks like Jevon Kearse in his first few years in the league. At other times, he looks overmatched. Having the big man back in the middle will go a long way towards reseting the defense in 2014. I liked the Easley pick, knee surgery and all. I wish they would have used the 2nd rd pick on the secondary or a WR though...not a backup QB. Unless they can find a way to deal Mallet as part of a package for Andre Johnson...then I would be thrilled with that pick.

I think having Wilfork back helps Jones in the long run. Last year with Wilfork out, the O-line could focus on Jones because they knew he was there to rush the QB. Now, not so much attention can be given to Jones because Wilfork can literally push back to linemen. I'm interested with this year defense, specifically the secondary, but past years have proven don't hold your breath with looking like Seattle or even Baltimore.

Reaction Score
Frazer was a good qb from the neck up. He struggled with the whole passing thing. Especially accuracy.

Not for nothing, but the only memorable comment from the national commentators during the Fiesta Bowl for me was when they questioned the ability of our receivers. For me, that just summed up that group and season. On the air they specifically questioned our ability to catch the ball! In fact, a direct quote was something like: "I don't know what else Frazier needs to do for these receivers beside catch it for them. He's hit them in the numbers throughout the game and they can't catch anything" An average QB can look like John Elway with outstanding receivers, but I don't think Frazier consistently got the help when he needed it from that group. On the other hand, he DID benefit from arguably the best OL in the history of Uconn so who knows.......

Reaction Score
As the initiator of this thread if you want to bitch about the coached go start your own thread or add to the several on the matter. This thread was intended to give props to our huskies in the nfl that are not just there but will be starting and probably going to have big years. Thanks

Reaction Score
As the initiator of this thread if you want to bitch about the coached go start your own thread or add to the several on the matter. This thread was intended to give props to our huskies in the nfl that are not just there but will be starting and probably going to have big years. Thanks

Uhhhhh...... You DO know that this is the Boneyard, right???

Reaction Score
IMO you're not giving Frazier enough credit for 2009, and you're giving Easley way too much.

That year, if I'm not mistaken, we got huge passing game down at WVU....from Cody Endres. Zach was benched that year and got the job back because Cody liked the reefer and Box looked like a deer in headlights against Louisville. I could be mistaken and confusing my years. Going off memory here. Zach greatest attribute was that he almost never had the back breaking turnover ala Whitmer. He missed a wide open Mike Smith at the goal line against Michigan when he threw the ball at his feet. He seemingly threw every pass at max revolutions which made it appear he had no concept or ability to show some touch or lead a receiver. I was not a fan of his skill set. Somehow rivals had him ranked higher than Sam Bradford coming out of hs their senior year. It was that ranking where I realized what Edsall was talking about when he said if those guys were good evaluators they'd be coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom