Raiders release... | The Boneyard

Raiders release...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kevin burnett.

Sio Moore and and Miles burress expected to combat for the spot with Moore having am edge. We can have three starters from that draft year. In Moore and Griffin and Gratz. In the nfl in only year two. amazing

Reaction Score
Blini is in a battle for a starting corner spot in Tennessee as one of last years starters was a free agent and left.

Reaction Score
Empty cupboards wasn't just Dez and the press. Many here took that position.
The only thing P could have gotten a pass on was having a walk on QB as his best option. Now, I don't know that he didn't botch that as well. Should have taken his lumps with Nebrich if you were going to burn his redshirt anyway.

As for Dez, I think this board is too tough on him, but it was real difficult to understand the depths he went to defend P n D. Only thing I could think of was the SU connection.

Reaction Score
The only thing P could have gotten a pass on was having a walk on QB as his best option. Now, I don't know that he didn't botch that as well. Should have taken his lumps with Nebrich if you were going to burn his redshirt anyway.

As for Dez, I think this board is too tough on him, but it was real difficult to understand the depths he went to defend P n D. Only thing I could think of was the SU connection.

It wasn't just Dez. Silver, who I generally like, defended these clowns til the end.

Reaction Score
Mack may start also on the other side. So I guess we can't complain about getting beat by Buffalo.

Reaction Score
You had me going there i thought you were gonna say they were releasing Sio, then I kinda got excited thinking the pats can pick him up

Reaction Score
You had me going there i thought you were gonna say they were releasing Sio, then I kinda got excited thinking the pats can pick him up

I would love him to go to the Pats, but aren't they kinda stacked at LB right now? Side note, I was hoping that Donald Brown would come over since Blount left. But then my hopes got crushed by San Diego. Hope he does well there. Should get some carries with Matthews always getting hurt.

Reaction Score

Johny Mac was serviceable. But, the O was so duck*ed up it didn't matter who was under center. No running game and two NFL caliber TEs who were largely left out of the equation. We did have the duck*ing wildcat.....

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but with that defense all we needed was a competent running game and play action. Don't forget, we had a solid special teamer in Nick Williams as well and Moe and Larry never figured how to get him going from scrimmage.

Man I've got to let the past go........

Reaction Score
Johny Mac probably wasn't awful. In fact he looked like Joe Montana compared to DJ, Bones and Fiesta Bowl era Zach Frazer.

The coaching was so bad that I can't judge any guy that played poorly under those guys. I prefer to think they all had potential but the coaching stuff screwed them up. TJ and Foley made it pretty obvious that they were beyond terrible.

Reaction Score
Johny Mac was serviceable. But, the O was so duck*ed up it didn't matter who was under center. No running game and two NFL caliber TEs who were largely left out of the equation. We did have the duck*ing wildcat.....

I'm sure I sound like a broken record, but with that defense all we needed was a competent running game and play action. Don't forget, we had a solid special teamer in Nick Williams as well and Moe and Larry never figured how to get him going from scrimmage.

Man I've got to let the past go...

In it's defense, the wildcat would have been fine if A) GDL didn't bring in McCummings after every pass Johnny Mac completed, B) used it strictly in the endzone and C) didn't have everyone in the stadium (fans and opposing teams included) know that McCummings was gonna run.

That being said, totally agree. If we has a serviceable at best O-line in 2012, this team could have made it to 10 wins easily with the defense it had. That's all in the past now, but I do enjoy watching those players succeed in the NFL even if it's for the Raiders.

Reaction Score
Johny Mac probably wasn't awful. In fact he looked like Joe Montana compared to DJ, Bones and Fiesta Bowl era Zach Frazer.

The coaching was so bad that I can't judge any guy that played poorly under those guys. I prefer to think they all had potential but the coaching stuff screwed them up. TJ and Foley made it pretty obvious that they were beyond terrible.

You actually think that JMac was better than Frazier?

Reaction Score
Frazer was a good qb from the neck up. He struggled with the whole passing thing. Especially accuracy.

OK, now give me your analysis on JMac.

Say what you want about Zach. The second half of 2009 was the best offense I've seen out of a UConn team since 2003. Frazier was a big part of that. He also brought us to the Fiesta Bowl. I know, I know. Winning games with no offensive TD's. I'm not saying he was great by any means, but he was light years ahead of JMac.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would love him to go to the Pats, but aren't they kinda stacked at LB right now? Side note, I was hoping that Donald Brown would come over since Blount left. But then my hopes got crushed by San Diego. Hope he does well there. Should get some carries with Matthews always getting hurt.

I always root for Huskies to don the Patriot red, white and blue. I'm not a fan of their "Rutgers movement" lately either. But I agree that the Pats are stacked at LB and need to save cap space for more pressing needs (secondary, WRs).

Reaction Score
Kevin burnett.

Sio Moore and and Miles burress expected to combat for the spot with Moore having am edge. We can have three starters from that draft year. In Moore and Griffin and Gratz. In the nfl in only year two. amazing
It is Sio's to lose according my buddy who lives in the area.

Reaction Score
I always root for Huskies to don the Patriot red, white and blue. I'm not a fan of their "Rutgers movement" lately either. But I agree that the Pats are stacked at LB and need to save cap space for more pressing needs (secondary, WRs).

I think the Pats are going to finally be ok at corner. The Safeties worry me. McCourty makes a lot of mistakes and Chung is ok was never really impressed by him. I was sad when Bulter didn't live up to his performance at UConn with the Patriots. I still have a Pats T-shirt with 28 on it though.

Reaction Score

Say what you want about Zach. The second half of 2009 was the best offense I've seen out of a UConn team since 2003. Frazier was a big part of that. He also brought us to the Fiesta Bowl. I know, I know. Winning games with no offensive TD's. I'm not saying he was great by any means, but he was light years ahead of JMac.

I wouldn't say Frazier was light years ahead of JMac, but we was definitely better. I think the biggest difference between the two (I'm no expert) is that Frazier was willing to tuck and run where JMac would either try to force it (usually an INT) or would take the sack. McEntee just seemed to refuse to run. To me, at least, that is why Frazier was better.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I think the Pats are going to finally be ok at corner. The Safeties worry me. McCourty makes a lot of mistakes and Chung is ok was never really impressed by him. I was sad when Bulter didn't live up to his performance at UConn with the Patriots. I still have a Pats T-shirt with 28 on it though.

The cap room used on Revis is necessary after Talib left. The Pats defense was a completely different animal when Talib left the field. Hopefully, Revis will stay healthy to lock down one side of the field (or the other team's best wideout). I LOVE me some Jamie Collins. Might turn out to be the best defensive non-1st round draft pick of the Belichick Patriot era. His speed, size and athleticism is off the charts. With a healthy Mayo and Hightower, there would be no room for Sio unless there was another wave of injuries like last year.

Reaction Score
The cap room used on Revis is necessary after Talib left. The Pats defense was a completely different animal when Talib left the field. Hopefully, Revis will stay healthy to lock down one side of the field (or the other team's best wideout). I LOVE me some Jamie Collins. Might turn out to be the best defensive non-1st round draft pick of the Belichick Patriot era. His speed, size and athleticism is off the charts. With a healthy Mayo and Hightower, there would be no room for Sio unless there was another wave of injuries like last year.

Don't forget Wilfork is returning upfront too to stuff the run. I just wish the DC was not our DC. He plays a lot like Hank Hughes did. He plays a bit soft and tries to keep everything in front of him. I can't stand the bend, but don't break defense that the Patriots have adopted the last 5 or 6 years. Why can't we just go back to the 2003 defense and not have to rely on Brady's arm and unproven WR's?

Dooley

Reaction Score
Don't forget Wilfork is returning upfront too to stuff the run. I just wish the DC was not our DC. He plays a lot like Hank Hughes did. He plays a bit soft and tries to keep everything in front of him. I can't stand the bend, but don't break defense that the Patriots have adopted the last 5 or 6 years. Why can't we just go back to the 2003 defense and not have to rely on Brady's arm and unproven WR's?

I think they're putting a lot of eggs in Chandler Jones' basket to create pressure. At times, he looks like Jevon Kearse in his first few years in the league. At other times, he looks overmatched. Having the big man back in the middle will go a long way towards reseting the defense in 2014. I liked the Easley pick, knee surgery and all. I wish they would have used the 2nd rd pick on the secondary or a WR though...not a backup QB. Unless they can find a way to deal Mallet as part of a package for Andre Johnson...then I would be thrilled with that pick.

Reaction Score

Its a sad argument to make. Neither guy was anywhere near having the skill set to be the starting QB on a bcs conference team. 2009, there was prior seldomnly used walk on wide receiver named Marcus Easly who emerged and made spectacular catches all over the place, often times on horribly thrown passes. The 2010, team with an average 60% completion percentage qb probably wins ten games. I thought Lorenzen 2007, gave us our best qb play since Orlovsky. He threw some beautiful passes to DJ on his very first game against Duke. Never the same after the thumb injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom