Rahsool Diggins Philly-area write-up | The Boneyard

Rahsool Diggins Philly-area write-up

Reaction Score
Here's a good write-up on Rahsool from a Philly focused basketball site, a portion of which describes how his skillset and mentality compares to some of the great UConn point guards of the past. It also touches on his potential impact at the next level as a defender. Sounds to me like Rahsool has everything a coach would ook for or could want in a point guard: the total package.

“[UConn has’ always had those Northeast, downhill on-ball guards who they can play through,” Elite High School Scouting director Ari Rosenfeld said. “Not that he’s the same type of player as a Kemba Walker or Shabazz Napier … but mentality-wise, you’ve got that same kind of unflappability and composure that I think made those guys iconic.

In certain ways, Diggins doesn’t fit the stylistic mold of that lead guard for the Huskies. He’s not necessarily an elite bucket-getter in the way Chris Smith, UConn’s all-time leading scorer, was in the early 90s. Nor is he a flashy playmaker like Walker, who will forever be remembered for his stepback jumper.

Instead, Diggins is more of a smooth, all-around operator: he certainly can score from all three levels, with a reliable outside jumper and ability to get into the lane and finish around the rim. He’s an excellent distributor who’s used to playing with Division I talent around him in both high school and college, and he can defend talented lead guards as well.

Reaction Score
Nice article. A petty modest description of his abilities.

Reaction Score
I think it's a fair description. He isn't coming with an obvious NBA-level skill like Kemba's footwork or Shabazz' shooting. He's just pretty darn good at everything (except finishing most likely). Hopefully that keeps him around for 4 years. A solid passing PG is a big incentive to get high quality players at the other spots committing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When did HS hoop teams get director's of scouting? I remember having a coach and a JV coach. That was your staff.

Reaction Score
When did HS hoop teams get director's of scouting? I remember having a coach and a JV coach. That was your staff.

I'm assuming you didn't go to a school like Archbishop Wood. They have a humongous staff.

And FWIW the guy is probably the JV assistant coach or something--it's pretty normal even for the big schools to double dip on coaching staffs.

Some of the big schools like Montverde have more coaches that are allowed to train kids than colleges, if I remember correctly. If they have the $$$ for it.

Reaction Score
I think it's a fair description. He isn't coming with an obvious NBA-level skill like Kemba's footwork or Shabazz' shooting. He's just pretty darn good at everything (except finishing most likely). Hopefully that keeps him around for 4 years. A solid passing PG is a big incentive to get high quality players at the other spots committing.
I absolutely love players like this. I enjoy the guys that can play 4 years and develop from a kid that comes off the bench his first year to conference player as a senior that is one of the leaders on a national title contender. Its too bad last season was cut short because CV couldve had a nice run in March. No not saying national title but a few wins in the conference tourney and sneaking into the big tourney and picking up a win wouldve been a nice way for him to go out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom