Ragaini commits to Iowa | The Boneyard

Ragaini commits to Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nico Ragaini (Notre Dame, West Haven) has committed to play at Iowa. How Edsall ever let this kid out of CT is unbelievable! He had strong UConn ties with his father playing baseball for the Huskies. This kid is an absolute stud and will end up having a great career at Iowa.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Yeah, we should be beating out B1G schools on the reg. Sure.

Reaction Score

>>“I wanted to play for Iowa since I visited this past summer,” Ragaini told HN. “I love their blue-collar mentality and feel like I fit in with that concept.”<<

>>Ragaini considered committing to Boston College or Yale earlier but held out for the Hawkeyes. “Coach O’Keefe was keeping in contact with me and Iowa was where I really wanted to be,” he said.<<

Reaction Score
Yeah, we should be beating out B1G schools on the reg. Sure.

He didn't receive any legit D1 offers out of high school when he set the state receiving record so he decided to PG a year. Only reason Iowa knew about him is because their assistant coach Ken O'Keefe is from Milford, CT. UConn could have very easily won his recruitment.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Nico Ragaini (Notre Dame, West Haven) has committed to play at Iowa. How Edsall ever let this kid out of CT is unbelievable! He had strong UConn ties with his father playing baseball for the Huskies. This kid is an absolute stud and will end up having a great career at Iowa.

Time will tell. It looks like we are only taking 2 wide receivers this class in Maurisseau and Jeffreys. Maurisseau camped at UCONN and seems like a speedster with great hands. Jeffreys is a big-body receiver, which Ragaini is not. I wish Ragaini the best of luck at Iowa.

Reaction Score
Thank you Mrs R. I’m glad we set up a separate thread for this.

Reaction Score
Time will tell. It looks like we are only taking 2 wide receivers this class in Maurisseau and Jeffreys. Maurisseau camped at UCONN and seems like a speedster with great hands. Jeffreys is a big-body receiver, which Ragaini is not. I wish Ragaini the best of luck at Iowa.
All of us have argued that we need more speed and that is what we are bringing in. Here are the WR recruits and Ragaini's track times:

Heron Mauisseau 55m: 6.51 sec.
Elijah Jeffries 55m: 6.65 sec.

Nico Ragaini 55m: 6.91 sec.

The times may not look that different, but the time differences here are about 3 meters over 55 meters. We need our wrs to get more separation and speed helps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All of us have argued that we need more speed and that is what we are bringing in. Here are the WR recruits and Ragaini's track times:

Heron Mauisseau 55m: 6.51 sec.
Elijah Jeffries 55m: 6.65 sec.

Nico Ragaini 55m: 6.91 sec.

The times may not look that different, but the time differences here are about 3 meters over 55 meters. We need our wrs to get more separation and speed helps.
There's a difference b/w track speed & football speed. And what about route running? And productivity? Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for Heron & Elijah more than Nico now.

Reaction Score
There's a difference b/w track speed & football speed. And what about route running? And productivity? Don't get me wrong, I'll be rooting for Heron & Elijah more than Nico now.
Totally agree with you. But, Edsall identified the lack of speed on the team and it seems that is his recruiting focus right now.

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake made in recruiting. Track speed and football speed are generally 2 different animals. Getting separation and getting open are not just about who sprints the fastest down field in a straight line. I've got no dog in this fight, but give me a quick football player over a track guy any day of the week.

Reaction Score
Biggest mistake made in recruiting. Track speed and football speed are generally 2 different animals. Getting separation and getting open are not just about who sprints the fastest down field in a straight line. I've got no dog in this fight, but give me a quick football player over a track guy any day of the week.

I hear you, but at some point lack of track speed limits football speed (from someone with 1st hand knowledge). I equate football speed with football skill, always goes better (and is better) with track speed. To a degree HCRE2 seems to agree re his recruiting efforts to help what he sees as a deficiency of team which is "team speed.

Reaction Score
I hear you, but at some point lack of track speed limits football speed (from someone with 1st hand knowledge). I equate football speed with football skill, always goes better (and is better) with track speed. To a degree HCRE2 seems to agree re his recruiting efforts to help what he sees as a deficiency of team which is "team speed.
Can't argue that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99