Radiohead Boston Roll Call | The Boneyard

Radiohead Boston Roll Call

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Oh how I wish....probably my favorite band of all time. How was the show?

Night one was great, but very safe. expecting an amazing setlist tomorrow

Reaction Score
Favorites of the nights? New stuff? Old stuff?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Favorites of the nights? New stuff? Old stuff?

Saturday highlights-
No Surprises, Reckoner, National Anthem (sampled the Red Sox broadcast), There There, Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees, Exit Music, & Karma Police sing along

Sunday highlights-
15 Step, Lucky, Kid A, Like Spinning Plates, Let Down, Talk Show Host, I Might Be Wrong, Bodysnatchers, A Wolf At The Door, Paranoid Android, The Tourist and The Bends

There were only 6 songs played both nights and there was a great mix covering everything from The Bends through A Moon Shaped Pool. Between the 2 nights they covered just about everything you would want to hear. I personally preferred night 2.

They have not premiered any new songs on this tour which is a bit odd. I'm hoping they have at least one more album and tour in them.

Wish I had no obligations and could drive down to Philadelphia to catch them one more time before the tour is over.

Reaction Score
Saturday highlights-
No Surprises, Reckoner, National Anthem (sampled the Red Sox broadcast), There There, Street Spirit, Fake Plastic Trees, Exit Music, & Karma Police sing along

Sunday highlights-
15 Step, Lucky, Kid A, Like Spinning Plates, Let Down, Talk Show Host, I Might Be Wrong, Bodysnatchers, A Wolf At The Door, Paranoid Android, The Tourist and The Bends

There were only 6 songs played both nights and there was a great mix covering everything from The Bends through A Moon Shaped Pool. Between the 2 nights they covered just about everything you would want to hear. I personally preferred night 2.

They have not premiered any new songs on this tour which is a bit odd. I'm hoping they have at least one more album and tour in them.

Sounds like it sounded awesome. They have such a wealth of material to choose from, could probably put together quite a few unique nights of great music. Subterranean Homesick Alien?

Wish I had no obligations and could drive down to Philadelphia to catch them one more time before the tour is over.
Dang wife and two young children holding me back, yeesh. At least you got out to one show. My real problem has always been that none of my friends (or wife) have ever shared my musical taste, thusly I'm not much of a concert goer.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Sounds like it sounded awesome. They have such a wealth of material to choose from, could probably put together quite a few unique nights of great music. Subterranean Homesick Alien?

Dang wife and two young children holding me back, yeesh. At least you got out to one show. My real problem has always been that none of my friends (or wife) have ever shared my musical taste, thusly I'm not much of a concert goer.

No Subterranean Homesick Alien in Boston, but I believe they have played it on the current tour.

I am kinda in the same boat as you, but luckily my wife was the one that suggested I go to both nights. I guess it helps that I am only a 20 min T ride from the Garden.

Now that most of my friends have moved out to the suburbs and have families I have less people to go to shows with, and for most of the ones I would like to go to I usually cant find anyone to attend with me. But that is probably a good thing because I really shouldn't be going to as many shows as I used to haha.

Reaction Score
Saturday highlights-

Sunday highlights-

No Decks Dark?

I got back into Radiohead after I heard that song on Ozark.

If Radiohead came to Kansas City I would buy tickets. Then inevitably something would come up and I wouldn’t be able to go just like it did the past two times Muse came to town.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
No Decks Dark?

I got back into Radiohead after I heard that song on Ozark.

If Radiohead came to Kansas City I would buy tickets. Then inevitably something would come up and I wouldn’t be able to go just like it did the past two times Muse came to town.

Yes, they played Decks Dark on Sunday. One of my favorites from the new album. I guess I should have just listed the entire set list as the "highlights"

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My real problem has always been that none of my friends (or wife) have ever shared my musical taste, thusly I'm not much of a concert goer.

Now that most of my friends have moved out to the suburbs and have families I have less people to go to shows with, and for most of the ones I would like to go to I usually cant find anyone to attend with me. But that is probably a good thing because I really shouldn't be going to as many shows as I used to haha.

Seeing live music has been my longest, greatest passion in life. I go to a lot of shows solo for the reasons you guys mention. There are quite a few stories that family, friends, co-workers and classmates could--and do--tell about their disbelief when I report that I am headed to or have just come from a solo jaunt to a show or festival.

My most recent favorite example of this was Prince at Mohegan Sun in December 2013 during the week between Christmas and New Year's. Prince had long been on my bucket list and I was dead set on going to one of those shows. My wife said no way because of the timing, and no friends jumped in for the same reason. I went solo and had a GREAT time. Ended up in a row packed with 30-to-50 something year old women on a ladies' night out and danced with them the entire time.

We all know what happened a couple years later, and I have lost count of the number of times different people have told me how much they regretting not going with me.

I am very glad not to have that regret.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom