Radio broadcast | The Boneyard

Radio broadcast

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Are the women’s game broadcast on radio?

Reaction Score
Are the women’s game broadcast on radio?

If you want to pay, sure. If you want to listen for free it's a little harder to find but finding a radio station local to the other team and if they have a radio station at the University, even better, you can try that. I've done that this season so it works for me. You can call up Gametracker to kind of watch what is happening and listen to the radio station and you're good to go, sort of. Gametracker and the radio broadcast are never synced so one is always going to be behind, good luck

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
yes: WTIC 1080 AM, Hartford and the UConn network, also streamed (I think)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20180127-111608.png
on the Tune-In app... UConn Network

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Bob Joyce and Debi do a good job. Do you agree? I listen on Tunin here in Fla.

Being in the UConn homeland (CT), whenever possible, especially for an ESPN broadcast, I turn off the TV sound and listen to Bob and Debbie. Very little nonsense as they need to convey the action by description. Much more satisfying experience for me that the prepared, predetermined storytelling that seems to be today's standard for TV color commentary.
Unfortunately, in some cases I cannot sync up the video and audio to a satisfactory point and I'm forced to listen to the TV. When that happens, depending on the announcers, I turn the sound off.

Bob may have lost a lot of weight, but he hasn't lost anything on his game calling!

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Being in the UConn homeland (CT), whenever possible, especially for an ESPN broadcast, I turn off the TV sound and listen to Bob and Debbie....Unfortunately, in some cases I cannot sync up the video and audio to a satisfactory point and I'm forced to listen to the TV!

If you have Directv, or any other provider with a combo receiver/recorder, you just pause the video until it syncs up with the radio. I do it often for the Huskies’ games and college football. If I can help, just shoot me a pm...

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
If you have Directv, or any other provider with a combo receiver/recorder, you just pause the video until it syncs up with the radio. I do it often for the Huskies’ games and college football. If I can help, just shoot me a pm...
Yeah I can do that with my Comcast sytem. What I can't do anything about is when the radio is leading (by too much). I can't delay the radio and can't accelerate the TV and I hate to hear what is going to happen ahead of when it happens.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Yeah I can do that with my Comcast sytem. What I can't do anything about is when the radio is leading (by too much). I can't delay the radio and can't accelerate the TV and I hate to hear what is going to happen ahead of when it happens.

Yep. That makes me a little crazy too. But the ability to know the future is such a cool power... ;-)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Thanks all. We were driving 4 hours afternoon to a wedding. My wife has a Tune-in subscription and we logged in just at the start of the second half. Upon hearing the score and the three quick Husky baskets to open the 3rd, she looked at me and said “Really? Are you in suspense about who’s going to win?”

And that was that! Back to our conversation on where to live in retirement.

But now I have the info for future use! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bob Joyce and Debi do a good job. Do you agree?
I do agree! I try to listen as much as possible (including pre-game chatter), while also watching.

I've been listening to sports on radio for decades. Bob Joyce is absolutely outstanding. He has a terrific voice for radio. He knows the game, knows the other teams and players, and provides a compelling real-time account and narrative of each game. He almost never stumbles. Really. I can't say enough good about him. If there ever was a play-by-play radio announcer worthy of UConn's tradition and success, it is Bob Joyce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom