R.J. Davis (PG) | The Boneyard

R.J. Davis (PG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

He’s undersized (5’11) but having an awesome season. His stock has really risen (up 100 spots in the recent 247 update) so it would be smart to get in early.

He will play with NY Rens this spring in the EYBL.

No offer from UConn, but they have offered his teammate 2021 5* wing AJ Griffin.

Last edited:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Elite scorer/shooter but really undersized and not overly athletic. Going to be a defensive liability in college.

Reaction Score
This could supplement AG should he stay injury prone for the remainder of his career. While I love the big guard ideology it’s good having that 1 small guard that can create easy space for a bucket. This worked pretty well for Bazz, Boat, and Kemba to name a few. Solid guard play has always been are strong suit paired with heavy hitters under the hoop.

Reaction Score
Sounds like everything they said about Tremont Waters to me. I am all in.
Count me in too. Defending state champion, great scorer, teammates with a 2021 5* wing, and he does have a reputation of a tough on ball defender, even if he is in more of an Akinjo mold.

Reaction Score
This could supplement AG should he stay injury prone for the remainder of his career.
My guess would be that AG doesn't play CBB beyond next year, he'll be 22 in October........I could be wrong & maybe he does the 5th year but if he has a successful 2019-20 he may want to start getting paid somewhere.

I think Hurley is assuming AG will play only 1 more year in college so we'll need a true PG in 2020-21.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’m liking our chances on getting a few 5 stars in 2021

Reaction Score
My guess would be that AG doesn't play CBB beyond next year, he'll be 22 in October...I could be wrong & maybe he does the 5th year but if he has a successful 2019-20 he may want to start getting paid somewhere.

I think Hurley is assuming AG will play only 1 more year in college so we'll need a true PG in 2020-21.

I'm hoping AG plays two more years thru 2020-2021 and leaves here a proven college winner. That third year we will be contending at a higher level.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Hopefully Davis puts on a show and we gain interest. We’re gonna need to replace Adams and Gilbert’s guard scoring.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Speaking of leprechaun frowning...

"Kemba Walker starting in the All Star Game. I Literally cried when he chose Uconn after I had been recruiting him for 3 years" Love it!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
My guess would be that AG doesn't play CBB beyond next year, he'll be 22 in October...I could be wrong & maybe he does the 5th year but if he has a successful 2019-20 he may want to start getting paid somewhere.

Unless he graduates / gets his degree next year, then he would be foolish to leave school early. With all of his injuries he needs that degree in hand as a fall back to a career in basketball. If he can finish his degree and wants to leave early to pursue playing in the G league or Europe then more power to him!

Reaction Score
Unless he graduates / gets his degree next year, then he would be foolish to leave school early. With all of his injuries he needs that degree in hand as a fall back to a career in basketball. If he can finish his degree and wants to leave early to pursue playing in the G league or Europe then more power to him!
Next year is his 4th year at UConn, so unless he's been taking a light class schedule he's supposed to graduate in May 2020. He has an extra year of eligibility if he wants to stay at UConn a 5th year of course.

Reaction Score
Next year is his 4th year at UConn, so unless he's been taking a light class schedule he's supposed to graduate in May 2020. He has an extra year of eligibility if he wants to stay at UConn a 5th year of course.

And could theoretically apply for a 6th year (the NCAA is stingy with these, though). But count me in the camp that thinks he's more likely to leave after 4th year than play his 5th. Unless we really turn things around next year and he thinks we could compete for a title in the 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom