R j cole. Does he have an additional year after this 1? | The Boneyard

R j cole. Does he have an additional year after this 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know he had to sit out— not sure about his availability

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yes, he has a covid year to use and the expectation is that he’ll be back.
Really? I vaguely remember some quote from him indicating that this would be his last year. I’d love to have him another year, obviously. He just looks better and better.

Reaction Score
If Cole doesn't come back we go from a potential Final Four team to maybe on the bubble at best as we have no clear PG to lead us next year. I mean does Gaffney lead confidence in most people if he is starting at PG next year? I know we could use AJ but he really needs more time to work on his handle and decision making and Rahsool Diggins will be basically be a Freshman with experience since he hasn't played this year. I pray we can get Cole back for one more year or it could be ugly.

Reaction Score
If Cole doesn't come back we go from a potential Final Four team to maybe on the bubble at best as we have no clear PG to lead us next year. I mean does Gaffney lead confidence in most people if he is starting at PG next year? I know we could use AJ but he really needs more time to work on his handle and decision making and Rahsool Diggins will be basically be a Freshman with experience since he hasn't played this year. I pray we can get Cole back for one more year or it could be ugly.
Fully agree that the PG spot, if Cole leaves, it is a huge question mark. It cannot be Gaffney. I believe there are 2 open spots (if Cole leaves) so I would have to think DH looks at the transfer market for one. With the way things are going in college basketball now I expect some good veterans will be available.

Reaction Score
Considering next year would be his 6th year of college, RJ is not that old a fellow. Still just 22. Turns 23 on August 24th.

By contrast, Isaiah Whaley is older right now than RJ will be at the end of next season. Whaley turns 24 in March.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't take advantage we have to shake him like Billy Madison did when that kid said he can't wait to be out of school.

Attachments

• dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif
    2 MB · Views: 97
Reaction Score
He might break Pete Maravich’s scoring record!
lol.

He already has about 2100 points in his career (though "only" 586 at UConn). He might end up with 2500 or 2600 in college, which is bonkers at this college basketball world.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
if his own mother doesn’t know what he’s thinking, I hope we can stop assuming he’s coming back based on sourceless message board rumors.

Reaction Score
As a college player how different is RJ from Fred VanVleet?

Reaction Score
If he’s not coming back I certainly hope we have a spot. And I hope Danny doesn’t blow the opportunity to grab a good grad transfer this time. Nothing against ‘Sool but for now DH has no confidence in him and I have very little in Gaff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom